It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mark Harris

I like the way you think.

Laying the blame on 'mindless sheeple' bespeaks an ignorance of the role of the spectacle in commodity production, as well as the very strong effect it has on the human mind. When consumption is the only presented means of achieving any state of happiness, it's not surprising to see people trample others to get a better place in the check-out line.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by expsychogeographer

"presented" is the key word here.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by shelookslikeone

Let me talk to my British cousin across the channel a moment.

You see, mate, you don't have a THANKSGIVING. Understand? And during this time where we done went and killed all the indians (that were already at war with themselves, but that's another issue), now we have super stupid retarded sales selling asian slave made trinkets. This is OUR running of the bulls. The sheep, as I so lovely choose to address them as, run, yearly, as literal retards. Understand? It's funny and sad. Both at the same time. Because they are retarded. They make the United States look retarded. See?

Well, aren't I the lucky one!

I've never claimed we have a THANKSGIVING or even Thanksgiving. I'm commenting on the reaction of some people to an opportunity to secure goods at a discounted rate. This is not a phenomenon unique to the US, nor is it something I cannot have an opinion on due to not living in the US.

I'm surprised also to see you consider them "literal retards" - I trust you have statistical evidence to support your assertion that these individuals have below-average intelligence quotients? I'd just hate for that not to be the case - because making sweeping, generalised and unsubstantiated statements would just be so out of character for someone who would present themselves as such a beacon of intellect.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

God money I'll do anything for you. God money just tell me what you want me to.

Bow down before the one you serve.
You're going to get what you deserve......................................................

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ComeFindMe

Sorry, I forgot, Brits takes offensive to everything.

Sweeping generalization.

What else would you call someone getting into a fist fight over a $5 toaster?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by shelookslikeone

No offence here at all, it's actually called sarcasm

Well, how many fist fights broke out at all (i'll even let it be about anything, not just a toaster) compared to how many people attended?

There may well be a higher ratio of incidents in shopping malls on Black Friday, but the number would still be pathetically small. I'm sure just as many people would see us as 'retards' for debating a video of people going shopping!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

reply to post by ComeFindMe

Sorry, I forgot, Brits takes offensive to everything.

Sweeping generalization.

What else would you call someone getting into a fist fight over a $5 toaster?

That would be 'take offense at everything'.

We're also very good at spelling and grammar.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

You see, mate, you don't have a THANKSGIVING. Understand?

Why should that matter? This is about black Friday, not thanksgiving. They don't really have anything to do with each other besides the fact that they are one day apart. It has more to do with Christmas honestly.

And during this time where we done went and killed all the indians (that were already at war with themselves, but that's another issue),

Again, what does that have to do with black Friday? Also, does the fact that the natives where at war with themselves condone the murder, rape, pillaging, and dang near genocide of a group of people? Oh, and could we drop the whole "indians" term already? They are native Americans for human's sake (mixing it up
), they are not people of India, right?

This is OUR running of the bulls. The sheep, as I so lovely choose to address them as, run, yearly, as literal retards. Understand? It's funny and sad. Both at the same time. Because they are retarded. They make the United States look retarded. See?

Though I do find this sad and somewhat sickening, and I gather a great sense of fiendishness resonating through these events, do you really find it necessary to use the term retards? Sorry to nitpick here, it is just that my aunt runs a foster home where she cares for mentally retarded children and adults, and I dont really think the use of a term that should be reserved as a clinical diagnosis is very appropriate. There are a whole wealth of other terms that have nearly the same effect as that one. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Some people love playing contact sports some people love competitive shopping. I know people that do this. They have plenty of money but, love the entire sitting down and planning the executing a successful Black Friday shopping excursion. Not my thing but, who am I to judge. I suppose if I wanted to make myself feel superior I could complain about people having some fun on Black Friday on the interenet but, that would just be kind of pathetic,

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Some people love playing contact sports some people love competitive shopping.

Playing sports is fine, fanatically spectating them is a whole different story.

edit on 23-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I am offended by Black Friday. I think it illustrates how insane and soul-dead our modern industrialized societies are. If there was an evil wizard somewhere responsible for the whole Black Friday thing, I would hunt him down and kill him. But not in a spirit of passion or anger or judgmentalism, but more in a zen spirit.

edit on 23-11-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Black Friday is a stain on the spirit of the Holidays....man I hate the corporate driven consumerism.

If these buttheads can charge these ridiculous prices one day a year...the pricks could charge them every day of the year...but they don't want people to stop and think about that.

These merchants are not selling these products at a loss...they are selling them at a reasonable mark up for a change rather than a 100% or higher mark up. Such a fleecing of the sheep...

Oh well...you have to laugh or you'll go crazy.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You wanna have fun on black friday? Go to the stores grab a shopping cart and when people are distracted start taking things out of their carts kinda like shopping from their carts. Just dont get caught, people can get pretty heated. But funny when the person goes to check out and that item isn't in their cart any longer!!!!
Might just teach them to relax a little.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I wonder what it would be like to have Black Friday for Generators ?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I had to work at midnight last night. on my way home I thought about going to a store to make the most of it. then I remembered these types of vids and went to sleep.

sad

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I don't do Black Friday. I do need to run to the grocery store for a few things but not going near any major shopping hubs.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I did all mine online. Finished my Xmas shopping for my 3 kids within about 2 hrs.

No fuss, no muss. I really do hate shopping, any time of the year.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by shelookslikeone

Theyre all idiots but this isnt just about shopping for these people, its more like an event for them. This is their football games or their vacation or something.
I bet that a lot of these people buy stuff that they dont even need just because its on sale.
I saw a best buy advertisement on the net and I really didnt see any decent deals, especially nothing that I would fight through a crowd for.

Its also a shame that Thanksgiving was all but ignored this year, you hardly saw any adverts on TV for it or any mention of it online. It was all this Black Friday BS.
Materialism has taken over the spirit of the holiday's and the family get togethers.
edit on 11/23/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
These people are brainwashed pathetic fools. Its just amazing that they get so excited for crap they don't need nor will have a month from now.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This is exactly why cockroaches will be the dominant species at some point in time.

(I hope not)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join