It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mesoamerican Long Count Ends... A Prophecy is fulfilled

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Well Said

Do you have any theories on the mechanics behind this elevation of consciousness?
edit on 23/11/2012 by seudonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by seudonymous

Right on. Moore's law come to my mind too. It is an interesting thought that perhaps such an algorithm was applied to determine significant dates. But isn't this calendar linear in nature? Spot on in suggesting growth would eventually even out and perhaps it has. But everyone thought Moore's law was going to cap a few year ago and it didn't, and there is no indication it will ever.

I think it makes more sense that the calendar is based on celestial positioning rather than human development though. So for me it comes down to how much faith I have in astrology.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by JustEve

There are other Parthenon's like the one here in Nashville, TN.

The one in Nashville was built in 1897...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I do but no proof of anything.
I have also had many out of body experiences too but have no proof of them either.

There is one thread which happned to appear on THIS site which touched on it.
It is responsible for answering almost ALL of my questions about the nature of our reality and the grand conspiracy we are seeing played out before us.
It has left me with ALOT of answers and very few questions.
Everything in this thread makes PERFECT sense TO ME!
It is now one of the compasses I use to guide my life and to give me peace during unsure and trying times.
It is ALOT more than a mere "thread" if you let it be.
If you can truely let the message sink in regardless of the "messanger" who claims he is of an very ancient bloodline and spiritually speaking he is of the "luciferian social memory complex".

If you have not already been introduced to this thread then here it is.

Link

If you've never read it then I suggest you do so immediately and do so very slowly and don't do it all in one sitting.
If you HAVE already read this then DO IT AGAIN! and do it very slowly and not all in one sitting.

There is an abundance of truth and truths in this thread.
If ANY of it is in ANY WAY accurate then we had all better get our SHIZ together like NOW!!

This thread has totally changed the way I interact with other people as well as the way I just live my day to day life as well as my general thought life.

That being said, to answer your question, Yes, I DO have a theory.
This theory is garnered from much of my own research into this type of thing and is in NO WAY going to please everyone.

My "theory" is that the forces that are responsible for the manipulation and undermining of mankind have a "lease" on this planet. This will make more sense after reading the above thread.
They/it has been contracted to introduce "free will" to humanity.
The nature of this intelligence is entropic.
It is a destroyer.
It consumes.
It can NOT create via intention.
WE CAN!
It uses OUR ABILITY to create THEIR reality!

Their "lease" is almost up.
When it expires humanity will be free to live without outside maipulation.
It will be freed of "ego" which is just another word given to these intelligences.
Currently they "live" within each and every one of us.
They "share" our bodies with "us".
Angel on one shoulder, devil on the other?
YUP!

When their contract expires, they will be forced to leave and the quarrentine placed on this planet will be lifted. allowing our "galactic family" to rejoin and rejoice with us and help us in creating a new reality of our own choosing without outside manipulation.

or,.......not.
edit on 23-11-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Templeton

i'm leaning towards inter mind projection technology for computers.

where the computer screen is in your field of vision like a heads up display but without wearing glasses or other clunky electronics.

and you can take it with you were ever you go.

maybe in our lifetimes, a holographic projection of the computer screen right in front of us without the use of a monitor.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
What is the endgame? IS there an endgame? This question burns within me. I want to know if there is a mortal purpose, as determined by our great and mighty rulers of this world. I want to know if our elders have engineered a grand plan for the future of this species. Do you know of any?

Well the goal for about every living being is to survive, procreate and strive for the longest time possible.
One thing for certain, even if we plan to survive forever as a race, we absolutely must figure out how to get to other planet, either habitable or terraformed, because eventually the sun will explode anyway.

So that's something to look forward to for a while.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

The planet isn't going to last that long. People are breeding themselves out of existence. This place can only take so much.

The estimate on ocean fisheries in the mid-2000's was that the oceans are 80% fished out.

Y'all need to wake up and smell the starvation. Mother Earth is headed for the valley right now because we aren't cutting her any slack. We take, take, take and what we give is a drop in the bucket.

You can't take an animal like man who decimates his environment and let him breed indiscriminately and expect to sustain indefinitely.

Do the damn math.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Thank you for the, rare, positive spin and interpretation on this end of an age prophecy. I have always said we have seen the transition from the mechanical age to the electronic age. I think this will eventually lead to even more spectacular devices. I just pray that the PTB decide to share the technology to improve our lives and not use it to exploit us. I really do feel like the is some good in the world and it will prevail. PEACE

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well writ-ten.
Uhpmh.
edit on 23-11-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Exactly. Give our civilization another 500 years and we wont have nearly as much material artifacts to leave behind. The previous civilization that ended abruptly during the great cataclysmic event that occurred around 10,000 years ago would have ended progress as they new it.

I'm curious, but what previous civilization are you referring to? Keep in mind that I'm arrogantly thinking that our civilization is the most advanced there has ever existed on this planet (based on what we know).

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

That 3rd picture is of the Aztec Sun Stone and has nothing to do with prophesies.

PS wait a month. You're in for a surprise.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

Originally posted by seudonymous
[

Originally posted by PrplHrt
You need to get your calendars straight. If the tongue is sticking out (review your photos) it's Aztec.

The Aztecs along with the Mayans and many other cultures all inherited the "Mesoamerican calander" from an earlier, unknown culture...

Let me Google that for you...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Templeton
I think it makes more sense that the calendar is based on celestial positioning rather than human development though. So for me it comes down to how much faith I have in astrology.

This is the bit I have trouble with. Normally I wouldn't put any faith in astrology, but there seems to be some correlation in this case... not that that proves causation of course. Maybe a nearby sun going supernova might have some effect on Earth, but that wouldn't explain any cyclic events. I am inclined to think it might be our position in the milky way. Maybe the distribution of hawking radiation we receive varies depending on what side of the galactic center we are. But I doubt we will understand black-holes for many thousands of years, so I wont hold my breath.

reply to post by Screwed

Thanks for sharing. Looks interesting

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
What is the endgame? IS there an endgame? This question burns within me. I want to know if there is a mortal purpose, as determined by our great and mighty rulers of this world. I want to know if our elders have engineered a grand plan for the future of this species. Do you know of any?

Originally posted by theMediator
Well the goal for about every living being is to survive, procreate and strive for the longest time possible.
One thing for certain, even if we plan to survive forever as a race, we absolutely must figure out how to get to other planet, either habitable or terraformed, because eventually the sun will explode anyway.

So that's something to look forward to for a while.

I think our species survival will depend on the next couple hundred year. If we can last that long without blowing the world apart or turning it into a toxic waste dump, we should be alright. There is always the chance we will digitize our consciousness, so the space we currently inhabit might lose a lot of its meaning. But once we start getting our resources from space there will be a massive expansion into uncharted territory, hopefully we treat our solar system better than we treat our planet...

As far as TPTB goes, I think Alan Moore says it best...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This is why i love ATS. Thank you all for a great read.
Some would call what i just did was a waste of the best part of 30 minutes. But i'd call it time well spent.

I have absolutely no idea what will happen in just less than a month from now. Personally, part of me can't see passed 2012 without SOMETHING note worthy happening. I don't know why, maybe it's got something to do with TOO much reading about TOO many different predictions.

I think the greatest thing this "prediction" has done is spark conversations like this. In many ways it has brought people closer together. The 2012 scenario debates have lead to sharing of ideas, beliefs and philosophies. And who knows, maybe that's what was meant to happen? If you're to believe in the "leap in consciousness" theory maybe this was inevitable and necessary? But then, who am i to say?

When we get to December 22nd 2012, because i personally think we will, I just hope we don't get too many posts with the old "i told you so" threads popping up. I say "too many posts" because i think it's inevitable that the non-believers and those who are unwilling to even think about the 2012 scenario will post their egotistical posts.

If i was FORCED to say something was going to happen, i'd suggest that December 21st may be the start of things to come. But not the start and the end, within that one day. It could be good or bad for society, who knows. The earth is going through some rather interesting changes these days (Rise in earthquakes, vast shifts in the earths magnetic field etc) which would back-up some people's doomsday theories i guess, if you stretched it that far...

One question i would like to ask, is about the supposed "galactic alignment" set to happen on December 21st. Now, i have read too many posts saying that this happens ever year, which, seems to be the case. But there are a lot of educated people that said this happens ever so many thousands of years. Fact is, i can't find a straight answer. Is this a different kind of alignment that doesn't usually happen? Or does this alignment happen ever year and it's of no significance. Could anyone answer this for me?

Thanks again everyone for a great read. And i'll continue to look forward to the next few years. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems we MIGHT be in for a bumpy ride, for better or worse.

All the best, guys

edit on 24-11-2012 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Nothing that mortal humans on this planet will notice, that's what will happen, as usual.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The timeline you're using is very inaccurate, regarding the "advancements" which supposedly coincide with this cyclical calendar. Written language is far older than 3000 bc, domestication of animals goes back tens of thousands of years, as do agricultural practices.

If these cycles do impact humanity, then they must operate on levels far more subtle than most give them credit for.

Most of what we call modern widom is nothing but ancient wisdom that was simply forgotten. Which, ironically, comes full circle to this Mayan concept of cyclical time =)
edit on 24-11-2012 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by Templeton

i'm leaning towards inter mind projection technology for computers.

where the computer screen is in your field of vision like a heads up display but without wearing glasses or other clunky electronics.

and you can take it with you were ever you go.

maybe in our lifetimes, a holographic projection of the computer screen right in front of us without the use of a monitor.

What about those annoying pop ups?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Life is invasive enough without all that carp. We have no peace and no privacy. No wonder everyone is neurotic or, in some way, mentally ill.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

You seem a little confused. This will help.

The Sun Stone is an Aztec calendar, as I said. It's an adaptation of the Maya's and has nothing to do with 2012 prophecies.

You're confusing it with the Mayan Calendar (which is actually 3 calendars combined). You know...the one with all the prophecies tied to it.

The Mayan Calendar consists of three separate calendars... the Long Count, the Tzolkin (divine calendar) and the Haab (civil calendar).

The three calendars are used simultaneously. The Tzolkin and the Haab identify and name the days, but not the years. The Long Count date comes first, then the Tzolkin date and last the Haab date. A typical Mayan date would read: 13.0.0.0.0 4 Ahau 8 Kumku, where 13.0.0.0.0 is the Long Count date, 4 Ahau is the Tzolkin date and 8 Kumku is the Haab date.

Maya Calendar

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Nothing that mortal humans on this planet will notice, that's what will happen, as usual.

You say that as though there are other types of humans (e.g., immortal)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join