It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mesoamerican Long Count Ends... A Prophecy is fulfilled

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Firstly, lets forget about the hyped-up hollywood doomsday interpritation and pretend the Myan elders are the leading authority on their own culture...

“Our knowledge of ancient Maya thought must represent only a tiny fraction of the whole picture, for of the thousands of books in which the full extent of their learning and ritual was recorded, only four have survived to modern times (as though all that posterity knew of ourselves were to be based upon three prayer books and Pilgrim's Progress).”
—Michael D. Coe

… Due to “civilised man”, we know very little about the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, most of what we know comes from only three codex. Contemporary or later cultures such as the Mixtec, Aztec and Maya adopted their calender from an earlier civilization, possibly from the Zapotec and Olmec, or it could per-date those cultures too. From what elders have said, we are in a time of transition and change. A time of great celebration. We have made it to the next age!
So, is their any evidence that this present time has any literal significance? I believe there is.
Consider the last time the long count drew to an end, approximately 3114 BCE... In Mesopotamia (specifically, ancient Sumer) around 3200 BCE the first known written language can be found. Go back another 5250 years, brings us to ~ 8500 BCE, which is about the time of the agricultural revolution and the end of nomadic tribal life. Another long count takes us to about the time animals started to be domesticated, most notably, dogs, to help with the hunt. Notice all of these things would have had a massive impact as they swept across the world. And they all seem to have brought us closer together, for better or worse.

Now, keep in mind that we are talking about astrological events. Solar objects millions of meters in size and millions of light years away, so to say this is all going to happen suddenly is a bit preposterous in my opinion, and doesn't fit with traditional accounts. If we are talking about a time period of ~5250 years, I think it would be fair to say it takes, ~250 years to go from one age to the next. Lets assume we are half way through, is there any evidence the last 100 years has been an age of transition? Of course there is. We are entering the age of information. Remember this date was likely selected thousands of years ago (it would have taken at least hundreds of years just to make the necessary astrological observations), even with a couple hundred years buffer, that is a remarkable prediction. I challenge anyone to recount a century, where the human paradigm changed as rapidly as it did in the 20th century....

1917- Ernest Rutherford is the first person to "split the atom" in a nuclear reaction between nitrogen and alpha particles, in which he also discovered (and named) the proton.

1929- The first operational circular accelerators is created, which helps discover quantum physics.

1929- The first time a person flies around the world, in the Graf Zeppelin.

1958- Kilby recorded the initial ideas concerning an integrated circuit, successfully demonstrating the first working integrated example, paving the way for modern computers.

1962- A polio vaccine is licensed, as a result, it is the first time a disease is largely eradicated by humans. Reducing worldwide incidence from an estimated 350,000 cases in 1988 to 1,652 cases in 2007.

1963- Introduction of the Touch-Tone system using the telephone keypad replaces the rotary dial, for the first time large amounts of people can communicate across the globe.

1969- First person to walk on the Moon.

1971- First man-made object to reach the surface of Mars.

1989- First network-based implementation of the hypertext concept, which would later become the world wide web.

2000- Sequencing of nearly an entire human genome is accomplished.

It makes me laugh when people ask if anything will happen on 21-12-2012.
The thing I really want to know is...
How is the Mayan Prophecy so Accurate? What do You Think?
Keep in mind we are only halfway through this transitional period!

Further reading on Wiki...
Mesoamerican Long Count Calendar
Mesoamerican Calendars
Maya Calendar
Aztec Calendar
Maya Codices
Please S&F or comment...

edit on 23/11/2012 by seudonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Good Thread, Thanks for the share.

The thing I really want to know is... How is the Mayan Prophecy so Accurate? What do You Think?

Most predictions were actually made before the date of their occurrence, If you ever hear about anyone making a whole string of 'accurate predictions', the claim is almost certainly fake.

Although once again thanks for the share.

~FK

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Calling all this meso-american doesn't rest easy with me at all. All this stuff was created long before the americas so where's the link?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Go back another 5250 years, brings us to ~ 8500 BCE, which is about the time of the agricultural revolution and the end of nomadic tribal life. Another long count takes us to about the time animals started to be domesticated, most notably, dogs, to help with the hunt. Notice all of these things would have had a massive impact as they swept across the world. And they all seem to have brought us closer together, for better or worse.

edit on 23-11-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

edit on 23-11-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
While we are forgetting about the Hollywood scripted version, why don't we forget about the PTB scripted version as well, where no ancient civilizations existed before 10,000 BC? There seems to be much evidence for these civilizations, very ancient ones, and surprising as that is too many who have bought into the PTB version, just as surprising are the attempts to sweep such evidence under the rug.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuriousKitty

Most predictions were actually made before the date of their occurrence, If you ever hear about anyone making a whole string of 'accurate predictions', the claim is almost certainly fake.

Very true, though some predictions made by people could be considered accurate, but only due to our interpretation of them. People like Nostradamus and Da Vinci have made rather accurate predictions, though they usually leave a lot to the imagination. Also, it is common(at least for Da Vinci) to not include a date at all, making the veracity of the predictions all to easy. Honestly, people place much more importance on Nostradamus's predictions, when his are much less accurate then Da Vinci's. Though he does usually include a date, so it is a win lose for both.

Oh, by the way, I am not disagreeing here, just trying to add my input to your rather accurate statement. Also, if you haven't heard of Da Vinci's prediction, I recommend you look them up because they are very specific and seemingly spot on. Not saying I believe their validity, just that they are worth consideration.

To the OP: While I do see the point you are trying to make, wouldn't that leave us with 100 years still to go before the "end" of this transition? If so, where does 2012 come in?
edit on 23-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: Typo

edit on 23-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I know this is not the point of the Thread at all and this observation might be considered picky but...I don't understand the Macchu Picchu reference which is Incan and technically not Meso-American. There are several notable differences between the Meso vs the Andean that don't only subscribe to their religions. Just wondering why it was included.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lupodigubbio
I know this is not the point of the Thread at all and this observation might be considered picky but...I don't understand the Macchu Picchu reference which is Incan and technically not Meso-American. There are several notable differences between the Meso vs the Andean that don't only subscribe to their religions. Just wondering why it was included.

i would have used that high altitude place ...because the effects places like that have on Ones' thinking processes and their mental state....
mile high city (Denver) is no comparison,
but extreme high altitude living tends to make people shed their hostile attitudes and such

thus the impression that being 'nearer' to god is a peaceful place where Ones' reality is experienced differently, as one enters a transcendental state of mind
edit on 23-11-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

While we are forgetting about the Hollywood scripted version, why don't we forget about the PTB scripted version as well, where no ancient civilizations existed before 10,000 BC? There seems to be much evidence for these civilizations, very ancient ones, and surprising as that is too many who have bought into the PTB version, just as surprising are the attempts to sweep such evidence under the rug.

How about Lemuria? Or Atlantis?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Exactly. Give our civilization another 500 years and we wont have nearly as much material artifacts to leave behind. The previous civilization that ended abruptly during the great cataclysmic event that occurred around 10,000 years ago would have ended progress as they new it.

In just a 1,000 years later there would be no traces left of anything built by these people except for giant stone structures that could withstand the test of time. Like the pyramids, which were the old power generators for the previous civilization. I'm sure the "elite" from that civilization somehow managed to escape the planet before the big event (just as they are trying to do today). I'm also sure that the so called aliens we see today are direct decedents of these ancient people.

If we were to walk away from all we have built today and not fix anything or update anything and just let it go, there would be nothing left but dust in a 1,000 years time. The pyramids however will still be there, just a little more weathered than they are now. And maybe a few other large stone structures, but definitely not normal buildings. All glass, metal , concrete, wires, trash, will be long gone and turned to dust (unless somethings become fossilized) without fossils we would have 0 evidence of anything that we have now.
edit on 23-11-2012 by DrGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

Hold on a second. One question I've been burning to ask the leaders of this world - the Presidents and Prime Ministers of every country currently in existence - is: What is the grand plan? Where are we going as a world? What is our ultimate goal, as a species? Are we simply fighting to continue our existence, or are we building up ton a grand finale? Are we struggling to maintain our current phase? Or are we moving forward toward something greater?

I don't want to help build a "yellow brick road" that we can't afford - not when I don't know where it's going. I didn't choose to be here, I didn't choose to be alive, and yet I'm supposed to willingly build a mysterious highway to an unknown future? Not likely. Either I know where I'm leading the future generations, or I'm going to help create a waystation for them to rest while they figure out whether they support that destination.

So what is it? What is our goal as a species? Are we escaping the destruction we've worked to hard to cultivate on this planet? Are we trying to become gods? Are we just struggling to keep from destroying ourselves and draining this world as long as we can before self-destruction becomes inevitable?

What is the endgame? IS there an endgame? This question burns within me. I want to know if there is a mortal purpose, as determined by our great and mighty rulers of this world. I want to know if our elders have engineered a grand plan for the future of this species. Do you know of any?
edit on 23-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by seudonymous

Awesome thread, i like how you think. And while i agree the end of this "Age" seem to be nearly upon us, i´m still not so sure nothing extraordinarily epic will happen on the 21st of dec. It still might

Although if it does not, you are very correct in that they where still pretty accurate in predicting a date for the "next phase" as you seem to imply,, since where we are right now simply will not hold together for much longer, this economy will falter any day now. And i firmly believe pretty soon something big will happen and we will finally go into space

edit on 23-11-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hey man

Nice thread I like how it's thrown together

S&F

SS

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrGod

Exactly. Give our civilization another 500 years and we wont have nearly as much material artifacts to leave behind. The previous civilization that ended abruptly during the great cataclysmic event that occurred around 10,000 years ago would have ended progress as they new it.

In just a 1,000 years later there would be no traces left of anything built by these people except for giant stone structures that could withstand the test of time. Like the pyramids, which were the old power generators for the previous civilization. I'm sure the "elite" from that civilization somehow managed to escape the planet before the big event (just as they are trying to do today). I'm also sure that the so called aliens we see today are direct decedents of these ancient people.

If we were to walk away from all we have built today and not fix anything or update anything and just let it go, there would be nothing left but dust in a 1,000 years time. The pyramids however will still be there, just a little more weathered than they are now. And maybe a few other large stone structures, but definitely not normal buildings. All glass, metal , concrete, wires, trash, will be long gone and turned to dust (unless somethings become fossilized) without fossils we would have 0 evidence of anything that we have now.

The Parthenon in Rome, Italy, is well over 1,000 years old, totally made of concrete, and still standing, concrete never really stops maturing, it just gets better with age, I think the Parthenon will still be there in another 1,000 years. Ancient Roman concrete is a mixture of processed limestone, sand, and volcanic ash, and even sets underwater.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

reply to post by DrGod

Hold on a second. One question I've been burning to ask the leaders of this world - the Presidents and Prime Ministers of every country currently in existence - is: What is the grand plan? Where are we going as a world? What is our ultimate goal, as a species? Are we simply fighting to continue our existence, or are we building up ton a grand finale? Are we struggling to maintain our current phase? Or are we moving forward toward something greater?

I don't want to help build a "yellow brick road" that we can't afford - not when I don't know where it's going. I didn't choose to be here, I didn't choose to be alive, and yet I'm supposed to willingly build a mysterious highway to an unknown future? Not likely. Either I know where I'm leading the future generations, or I'm going to help create a waystation for them to rest while they figure out whether they support that destination.

So what is it? What is our goal as a species? Are we escaping the destruction we've worked to hard to cultivate on this planet? Are we trying to become gods? Are we just struggling to keep from destroying ourselves and draining this world as long as we can before self-destruction becomes inevitable?

What is the endgame? IS there an endgame? This question burns within me. I want to know if there is a mortal purpose, as determined by our great and mighty rulers of this world. I want to know if our elders have engineered a grand plan for the future of this species. Do you know of any?
edit on 23-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I know of no plans that our elders have engineered for us.
I would like to think that the goal or job of our caretakers would be to maintain control through each cycle through bloodlines, secret knowledge and money.
I would think that one of the main goals would be cleaning out all of the gold that is in this planet.
I feel that when the "gods" from our civilization guided us so long ago, the main goal was to gather gold.
I can't think of one ancient group of people that did not hold gold up higher than any other element.
This with the fact that it is not even made on this planet and can only be made when stars explode leads me to believe that it is the most sought after element in the universe.
Could that be the goal of the universe?
Gold is very important for technology.
I believe we (and others on many many other planets as well) were genetically updated from native human-animals to mine gold.
I think that once the gold is completely gone from Earth, the project will be over.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff

The Parthenon in Rome, Italy, is well over 1,000 years old, totally made of concrete, and still standing, concrete never really stops maturing, it just gets better with age, I think the Parthenon will still be there in another 1,000 years. Ancient Roman concrete is a mixture of processed limestone, sand, and volcanic ash, and even sets underwater.

True, that is why it is still around today.
I doubt that most buildings other than massive and solid structures like the Parthenon will last as long however.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seudonymous

How is the Mayan Prophecy so Accurate?

what is the alledged mayan prophescy ??????????????????????

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You need to get your calendars straight. If the tongue is sticking out (review your photos) it's Aztec.

Otherwise, interesting thread.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

There really could only be two end games right now that could be attainable by humans in the near future (50-100 years). One being the ability to permanently leave the planet in case of emergency. The other would be some form of immortality, most likely computer based. I don't see any reason for grander plans than that given our current level of technology.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockfish

My thoughts precisely. Either evacuation and colonization, or ascension and creation.

In other words: conquer another planet or become gods in our own right. I can't see us going any further than that. The question from there is, are we capable of responsibly handling another planet, or capable of responsibly creating a whole new digitized world, complete with immortality?

Looking around today, I confess that I'm rather discouraged.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join