It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid dreaming - I don't get it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
For anyone wanting to attempt lucid dreaming - here's a few tips I have found out through my personal trial and error.

Kind of an odd relation, but almost all of my lucidity has been on nights that I drank alcohol. (5/7 times)

I made 'reality checks', which is basically questioning myself if I'm actually awake. I did this in 2 ways:
1. Checked the time (time is always different in dreams when you double check it)
2. Plugged my nose with my fingers and tried to breath through it. (you can breath through your plugged nose in dreams)

I did that about 2-5 times a day, if not more.

Basically once you get in habit of doing 'reality checks' your subconscious will pick up on it and when you do it in a dream you should become lucid from your reality checks. (because you will either, A: see two different times or B: breath through your plugged nose)

From here you are considered Lucid.

It also helps to recall your dream as soon as you wake up. Some use dream journals to help, which also helps you notice certain patterns in your dreams which can help you make your own 'Dream Sign'.

A Dream Sign is a pattern in your dream that will help you realize your dreaming if you become aware of it.
Ex: Seeing a horse in your dream every night, think to yourself before bed. (If I see a horse, I AM Dreaming.)

For me, I get blurred vision a lot in dreams and this never-ending taffy sticking to the roof of my mouth. I have yet to realize that I'm dreaming when it happens but once I do i should go lucid.

--

Theres a WILD(wake induced lucid dreaming) technique as well, which is keeping your mind awake while your body falls asleep.
This method is very hard and I try it every night. It helps though to get your intent on Lucid Dreaming, which increases the odds of actually doing it.

So to round it up

Relax before bed
Think of dream signs
Think of reality checks
Tell yourself 'I Will go lucid'
Try to WILD

Another big thing is to remain calm, because you can wake yourself up if you don't. Also if you find your dream setting fading away, try to spin in a circle as fast as you can and you'll get fully lucid again.

--

Hope this helps a few out there trying to Lucid Dream, which is similar to OBEs

edit on 17-12-2012 by smwoop because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join