It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is in the news on none other than YAHOO!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It's true, ATS is mentioned in an article about that famous Sandy Island gone missing (or was it ever there??):

According to Brisbane's newspaper The Courier Mail, claims were made on the website 'www.abovetopsecret.com' that the French government proclaimed it a phantom island, and it was supposed to have been removed from its records in 1979, or that it could be a deliberate error inserted into the map, something mapmakers sometimes do so that they can identify their work for copyright purposes.

Source

Maybe we'll be the first one's to report Nibiru or a genuine Alien contact?! Exciting that our efforts are being noticed
Keep up the good work brave people!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
This is awesome! That thread is a great read!

Way to go ATS!
S & F

edit on 11/23/2012 by mcx1942 because: had to tell the world I S & F'd

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
That's strange because ATS was no where near the first site.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Will probably garner new membership.

My attention was first drawn to the site after a major news story in which it was mentioned. It wasn't the best publicity but it got me interested

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
That's strange because ATS was no where near the first site.

They are claiming that ATS theorized about 1979?

It was a quote. from another site.

claims were made on the website 'www.abovetopsecret.com' that the French government proclaimed it a phantom island, and it was supposed to have been removed from its records in 1979

Peace

edit on 23-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I read the title of this thread and looked outside because I was positive I was about to see four black SUV's and that I'd be getting an all expense paid trip to a dungeon in Pakistan... Phew...

Oh, and this is not the first time that ATS has beat the MSM to a story - nor been given credit for it.

~Heff
edit on 11/23/12 by Hefficide because: typos are my natural talent

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
LoL.

That's funny - because ATS was hardly the source of the claims. Our members simply repeated what was said in the video and the source article.
Not that we're complaining. Always exciting to see ATS being mentioned in the news. If only it was accurate news...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Still awesome

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by UFCG2012AFHS

Very nice ATS, we made the national news again, maybe one day SO and Springer will be begging us to comply with the NWO requests to not post things as they are being threatened with "gitmo" if they dont keep us inline.

That will will be the true mark that we have finally gone to far in denying our ignorance, I just hope I get a cell close to Heff as he will always have a fun way of talking about our confinement and will be very good at building a relationship with our guards, thus insuring we get extra rations, and clean socks during all of our "indefinite detentions", I mean stays in the hellton.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by UFCG2012AFHS

I think the Courier Mail is falling into the trap.

For instance, I referred to the same claim ATS member "alfa1" made yesterday in the original thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

When I got to it, it was already updated on Wiki hours before. And yes, it is a built in copyright infringement tactic - I use these charts daily in my line of work.

Maybe alfa1 is the man!!!

Still - good to see ATS riding the wave.
edit on 23-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: alfa1 link

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

ATS GITMO

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Maybe one of the story reporters or editors at the courier mail is an ATS member

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AlanQaida

Indeed - that does tick a lot of boxes.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
...so if we make claims on ATS, scientists work to verify them?

is that what I just read lol..

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Will probably garner new membership.

My attention was first drawn to the site after a major news story in which it was mentioned. It wasn't the best publicity but it got me interested

Ha! I thought the same thing about membership.
I think 911 and Obama have been the number 1 draws for membership.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Good to see it make the news for something good rather than over some mental case in america going on a shooting spree .... or because some government minion wants to portray conspiracy theorists as stark raving lunatics....

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
We Famous!! baby, We made it!

I would like to thank the flying spaghetti monster first and foremost, and yada. yada... yada...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
LoL.

That's funny - because ATS was hardly the source of the claims. Our members simply repeated what was said in the video and the source article.
Not that we're complaining. Always exciting to see ATS being mentioned in the news. If only it was accurate news...

It IS accurate news. At least, now it is. Once it is reported, it HAS to be true, right?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It's from the french news agency AFP.
www.afp.com...

All other MSM only took it from there.
Like:
www.news.com.au...
www.dailymail.co.uk... c-voyage.html
www.abc.net.au...

I've first seen it here:
phys.org... (post in original thread)
edit on 23.11.2012 by grobi77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
I read the title of this thread and looked outside because I was positive I was about to see four black SUV's and that I'd be getting an all expense paid trip to a dungeon in Pakistan... Phew...

Oh, and this is not the first time that ATS has beat the MSM to a story - nor been given credit for it.

~Heff
edit on 11/23/12 by Hefficide because: typos are my natural talent

Indeed. They've used it against us too, as in the case of Jared Loughner to paint us all out as crazy people.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join