It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian blogger that critized leaders pays the ultimate price!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Dear wulff,

I sympathize, really I do. Even after the irrelevant and derailing attacks of posters have been brought to light, they still continue. Bradley Manning, indeed. Another false equivalence. Disclosing truck loads of classfied documents and being put in jail is so equivalent to bumping off a blogger.

At least one poster provides a novel theory. The Iranian government has no control of itself. It is so upset at the way things are, they just have to go out and kill people.

So, for those who want a serious discussion, may I offer one possibility? Get the UN to declare freedom of speech a human right, then clamp down on governments that don't allow it. At least it would force the objecting nations to come out in the open and say "We don't believe in freedom of speech." Then the US could kick out the UN and start a new organization from nations which support freedom.

With respect,
Charles1952

Thank you Charles, for an intelligent post. In my OP I was giving the info regarding the conditions of those in Iran who still (though not for long) has a voice and judging by some of the replies I am accused of saying I want to bomb Iran, re-reading my OP I don't think I said ANYTHING about the USA.
Some posters are so against the United States it's almost like if you mention any injustice in the world it somehow in their twisted mind is our fault and we are going to fix it by bombing them to oblivion!
They are actually attacking me for the post, finding rational thinking that it's alright for Iranian leaders to do this to ordinary citizens for speaking their mind because they have been 'attacked' verbally by countries like Israel "so it's no wonder they go after people that speak out against them!).
I don't know what to make of these replies other than they have been brainwashed into believing these tyrants who kill people for speaking their minds are justified! How many of them would like to be under the Iranian rule?
I am really disgusted with some of these replies.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
during the colored revolution they pushed so many people in a little prison so that three of them died and even some of them were sons of regime's politicians ! and now again !! it is shameful there is something wrong there !!! people can not tolerate that they do whatever they want by the excuse of security.

Originally posted by randomname
but iranians are much pro-active and a protest could easily turn into an armed revolution and the storming the ayatollah and his council of elders

yes I think this is a problem ! people always should be wary that those MKO terrorists and their agents do not participate in the protests !! because from one side they kill people and from the other side they kill the security police ! then a big problem appears !!! I think this is what happened in Syria in a large scale !
sometimes ago some of traders protested for prices ! but some people among them attacked stores and they had to declare a statement that they were not those who attacked !!!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by all2human
Why single out Iran?,

Why shouldnt Iran's actions be discussed? We hear all day, every day, 24/7, about things that go on in other countries around the globe all the time. So, why not show and discuss what's going on in Iran as well?

Why so defensive?
Why should this discussion be considered Taboo?

70 billion ought to buy something, no?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Then the US could kick out the UN and start a new organization from nations which support freedom.

I have some pretty mixed emotions when it comes to the UN - and we've all seen them fall down on the job often enough to wonder - what the hell is their job again?

But I have to ask - when I hear people say things similar to what you've just said - why is it up to the U.S. to kick out what - and start up what then?

If you see what I mean...

:-)

If there ever was such a thing as a genuine organization of United Nations - it would not be our baby

And the United States would have to answer to it just as much as any other nation

It's all a fantasy anyway pretty much -

but this idea that somehow all the important stuff that happens on this planet is somehow up to us or under our jurisdiction - is getting a little old

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
70 billion ought to buy something, no?

I agree...
The price of eggs in China is too high.

edit on 23-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Dear Spiramirabilis,

Sorry, I wrote that poorly. I'm truly not a "Get the US out of the UN and the UN out of the US" bumper sticker guys. What I was thinking of has sort of happened when the League of Nations turned into the United Nations.

The current UN has, as you've indicated, many worrisome features. What I was suggesting was the creation of a new international organization, call it the League of Free Nations, or anything else. Membership would be limited to those countries which allow basic levels of freedom to its citizens. They would band together to protect their own freedoms and encourage freedom's spread to other countries. Nations interested in freedom would find the LFN a natural home for global cooperation, and the UN would slowly whither. The developed countries tend to be freer, so the money and resources now sent to the UN could be used for projects supported by like minded countries interested in liberty and individual dignity.

Ok, perhaps a large portion of that is a dream, but still, who listens to the UN? Now who would listen to a coalition of the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Europe, South America, etc.? I suspect the LFN would be a more efficient and powerful group.

But, as apolgetic as I am, I'm also delighted to see you again, thanks for the response.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Why single out Iran?,how convenient OP,there are dozens of other countries who are responsible for assassination and abuse ....many other countries guilty of human rights abuses and mass murder, yet these are comparatively acceptable? agenda much?
edit on 23-11-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

Why not single out Iran? Why are ppl trying to find a hero in the Iranian leadership? Only because you feel you are under crooks, does not mean you need to elevate some other crook. Swapping one king for another, it went on for just over an odd thousand years. Did not work out so well most places.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
try doing that in Saudi Arabia, you'll get your head chopped on charges of adultery

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Good morning Charles :-)

The developed countries tend to be freer, so the money and resources now sent to the UN could be used for projects supported by like minded countries interested in liberty and individual dignity.

So, isn't this the way things already are - pretty much? The less popular kids also less well tended - except maybe superficially - and just for show?

I'll try to avoid launching myself into a One world/One Love rant...I know how well that whole one world government thing goes over here at ATS

So, in lieu of quoting Bob Marley - I'll just say: hands off United States and like minded, well developed allies - this world is not up to you

Just so you know I'm not a (complete) idiot - I realize that it really is all up to a few key players - but a girl can dream

Ok, perhaps a large portion of that is a dream, but still, who listens to the UN?

No one. Absolutely nobody. It was an excellent dream though - really - that might still become an excellent reality

But, as apolgetic as I am, I'm also delighted to see you again, thanks for the response.

I am unapologetically delighted to see you too

see ya 'round Charles

:-)
edit on 11/24/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
Maybe you guys should check how's Manning doing...last time I heard he was in a sh** storm of problems for not not liking and exposing what his government does...

You can't even begin to compare Manning to this situation. Manning signed an agreement that he would not disclose classified information that he had access to. The penalty for disclosing classified information is jail time. He chose to violate the agreement he signed, he is in jail.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join