It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shaking just felt all around south jersey...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Why South Jersey?

It's along the Delaware river. I live in Wilmington, DE and we've have a few over the past few years. The river is a fault line. The earthquake was a bit off the river, but it's not the first in that area.

Side note ... slept through it. Didn't feel it.

We aren't that close to the river. It's the first quake in my town in my 44 years....and the first in my moms life of living here for 62 yrs. hhhmmm...it's within walking distance, wonder if it left a minor crack or something....maybe I will take a walk in a bit.....

Odd place for a quake and especially noticeable with the soil build in the area. Very shallow and with the typical soil in the area anything would be felt as a larger quake than registered because it is more compacted. Stay safe.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

The United States just happens to be on a geologically active piece of real estate. From the east coast to the west we sit on fault lines or magma chambers or sleeping volcanos. It shakes sometimes. No its not a build up, its natural.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I know for a time they were trying to find the cornor stone without any luck.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Whats going on?
Gravitic fluctuations as Nemesis draws closer and closer.......
The sun itself is preturbed...th otherplantes HEATING UP....THE EARTHS SHAPE IS CHANGING SLIGHTLY, BULGING OUT WARDS IN AREAS and shifting laterally on the molten core...the pole is moving faster towards russia

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
prob been posted already, did scan prior 3 pages for this link but here

it is: nbc philly

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

I'm guessing Christie is rethinking all that fracking... after all that flooding???

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I live just north of Wilmington in Claymont. I was watching a movie when it hit. I thought it was just an overloaded truck on Philadelphia pike not remembering that it has just been repaved and is smooth now. This thread jogged the memory loose lol. There was a decent sized earthquake around 1970 that my Dad described as sounding like a freight train rolling by 10 feet under our house just off Harvey Road. I was around 4 years old at the time and slept through it. I also recall a minor quake felt here a few years ago..

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Whats going on?
Gravitic fluctuations as Nemesis draws closer and closer.......
The sun itself is preturbed...th otherplantes HEATING UP....THE EARTHS SHAPE IS CHANGING SLIGHTLY, BULGING OUT WARDS IN AREAS and shifting laterally on the molten core...the pole is moving faster towards russia

how far away is nemesis ? closer than jupiter ? please explain how it has more of an effect on this planet than jupiter

lol

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Unfortunately, nothing so exciting. It's just gas. We notice it more because having gas is something we have been acculturated to notice. Sadly, you and I will never have gas as exciting as the Earth does, or as frequent.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Bringing this back because it happened again today at approx. 6:45 p.m. 3/14/2013. Started slow, I heard the rumbling first, then watched my loose porch latched door, do a banging build up shaking, that diminished within 30 seconds. The door was building in a crescendo type, with sound, since loose latch could be also heard, at first slowly, then going in a tempo faster and faster, then slowly, slowed down and stopped. I was just staring at it like, WTH??!! I ran to the quake feeds, all of the ones I have bookmarked & nothing!!! Now, I will say, we had a lot of military flying overhead yesterday....don't know if this has something to do with it or what, but it's making me very uncomfortable....things like this are extremely rare in NJ, & this weird crap seems to be happening more often. I'm just really frustrated here, as I can't find any answers......

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join