It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The control of human behaviour

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Yes, it is.

But I think this internet is making a huge contribution in moving us in the direction we need to go. I am very hopeful about the future. I think that if we keep reaching out to each other with our thoughts about what is actually going on in the world, as opposed to what we've been conditioned to believe, and have accepted without question, we will have a renaissance.

I think most people are innately good. What makes us bad is fear of not having our basic needs for food and shelter met. And it's that fear that has enabled the powerful elites of the planet to dominate the rest of us and keep us in ignorance of what we could become were we free to entertain the thought.

I think the alternative history and science communities are paving the way for us to unlearn the lies we have believed and start over again to create a better paradigm for us all.

Time will be the revealer of truth and whether your predications are right. History tells us change doesnt come without war, and that people will always want more than there basic needs. Its pressure cooker now for the human race, then has it ever not been.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Time will be the revealer of truth and whether your predications are right. History tells us change doesnt come without war, and that people will always want more than there basic needs. Its pressure cooker now for the human race, then has it ever not been.

Time is a lie and can never reveal truth. The belief in time is what makes you believe that truth is elsewhere.
Seeking is suffering.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

History tells us change doesnt come without war, and that people will always want more than there basic needs.

I think that all of us need to learn who is actually behind wars. We need to contrast the official story with what alternative history has to offer.

I think that most of us in our hearts want our basic needs met and beyond that, would choose to strive for luxuries without harming others in the process.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Time is a lie and can never reveal truth. The belief in time is what makes you believe that truth is elsewhere.
Seeking is suffering.

Im curious itsnowagain, do you ever look at a clock to see the time? Do you rise and fall in routines of sleep and eating?, or do you follow no routines at all?
Time is just a method of keeping track of sequence for routines and events.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Seeking is suffering.

Im curious itsnowagain, do you ever look at a clock to see the time? Do you rise and fall in routines of sleep and eating?, or do you follow no routines at all?
Time is just a method of keeping track of sequence for routines and events.

The 'truth' is not found in time. The 'truth' is presence.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

I think that all of us need to learn who is actually behind wars. We need to contrast the official story with what alternative history has to offer.

I think that most of us in our hearts want our basic needs met and beyond that, would choose to strive for luxuries without harming others in the process.

I have to admit im not so interested in who is behind the creating of wars but more the pyscology of people for going along with them. I see a big problem of people striving for luxuries and not hurting others in the process. Alot of the material wealth we are lucky to has been made in slave conditions in asia.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

The 'truth' is not found in time. The 'truth' is presence.

I actually so understand your way of seeing things. Still it would be nice to get some straights answer out of you now and then.
edit on 23-11-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Clocks exist but time doesn't. Movement happens presently.
I have never and will never experience anything outside of presence.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Clocks exist but time doesn't. Movement happens presently.
I have never and will never experience anything outside of presence

This isnt the right thread to debate the what is time. I can only imagine you live in a world which is completely fluid in all aspects. routines, of life, morales, ethics, motivations, sleep patterns, likes and dislikes. Most people couldnt survive that way. and its not really a mechanism for control of human behaviour, its a mechanism for becoming indifferent and detached because if not then crazyness will set in.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

The restraints you mention are the primary causative factor of the burgeoning meme of superficiality. Were we not to impose laws on ourselves as a crutch to altruistic humanity, would we not see a people better practiced in the art of inner reflection and self control? I can't imagine that, once laws were removed, it would take long for the majority of people to "get it" after having the lights punched out for acting like they do at Black Friday events.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Humans are the way they are because they are controlled. They control themselves. They have a voice inside that tells them that they are bad and that they should be good. Each has a different idea and type of 'good' they are aiming for. Some individuals try to be good wifes or husbunds, others good workers, there are all sorts of ways you can try to perfect yourself. They also want everything to be 'good', their idea of good. They believe there should be no bad whatsoever. There is a voice inside that measures the behaviour that is acted out during the day/week/month/year/life. There is a judge inside that makes life almost unbearable for some, some kill themselves because they cannot live with themselves any longer.
That controlling voice causes fear in the body which contracts the body and makes it hard and unyeilding. The armour is on and the mind and body are ready to fight to stay alive.
Who is it that is making life unbearable? That voice that says i must be............whatever, fill in the blank.
Can you silence the voice that is the bully and victim within?
edit on 23-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I have to admit im not so interested in who is behind the creating of wars but more the pyscology of people for going along with them.

The reason I advocate studying alternative history is that I don't think we can figure out why we go off to war and willingly send our children to go off to war without first enlightening ourselves about how we've been bamboozled into doing so.

I see a big problem of people striving for luxuries and not hurting others in the process. Alot of the material wealth we are lucky to has been made in slave conditions in asia.

You are talking about the present paradigm. I'm talking about a future paradigm.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Who is it that is making life unbearable? That voice that says i must be............whatever, fill in the blank.
Can you silence the voice that is the bully and victim within?

You speak as if you are free from Demons. So you have no Demons, your free from any voice of dissent and you fillin your own blanks as you go along. If your life is this perfect then we are all failures near you.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
the answer to your question is in my eyes a really simple one.

It is the system that is in place right now. A system that has grown to what it is now from the begiining of our civilization. This system is at its end of expentioning/gowth as the consciousness behind it isnt sufficient enough to keep growing in the same way without the disintegration of the system.

The appearant flaws in the system are quite obvoius, it is based on indivldualisme which is the premise for most suffering in the world. Not that Individualisme is a bad thing, au contraire, individualisme at an end of a cycle loses its cohesion. You can see this in nature, from cells in our body to our annual seasons but also in our own lives.

THe next phase is collectivisme (unity consciousness). This phase will start when we receide into our core essence to remember where we came from and why we are here in the first place.

This is what 2012 is about, a #ing of individualisme into unity consciousness.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Senser

There are many different views and opinions coming out in this thread that are very contrasting. Im not sure what to make of it other than say people are moving in all sorts of directions on this topic.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

You speak as if you are free from Demons. So you have no Demons, your free from any voice of dissent and you fillin your own blanks as you go along. If your life is this perfect then we are all failures near you.

I know the human condition, i am aware of how it works and seeing the conditioned mind is to be free of it.
The voice (mind) when it appears appears but i know it is not me. I do not feed the drama making mind and it leaves me in peace.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I know the human condition, i am aware of how it works and seeing the conditioned mind is to be free of it.
The voice (mind) when it appears appears but i know it is not me. I do not feed the drama making mind and it leaves me in peace.

im using the nobodies method of getting some peace tonight...im off to bed!.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

What do you expect? You are on ATS. If you put up a thread like this, it becomes an orgy of pseudointellectualism mixed with ego driven arguing over who is right.

I don't think ATS is the only place you would find that, but it is magnified here.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
The reason I advocate studying alternative history is that I don't think we can figure out why we go off to war and willingly send our children to go off to war without first enlightening ourselves about how we've been bamboozled into doing so.

I think a large part of our problem is that we humans have one hell of a time admitting to ourselves that we've been bamboozled.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
What we have here is a paradigm of a nonlinear equation. Does chaos remain as a constant state, or is a temporary equilibrium established? If chaos does remain, can we find symmetry in its superficial “unruly” state? If so, does that chaos imply that it is not the aberration, but it is instead our attempt at finding a more esthetically pleasing angle that is the truest of anomalies?

Undoubtedly, initial conditions and driving energy would have a lot to do with determining the result of a “lawless” state, but if we are a result of nature (conscious or not, “free-willed” or not) we will inherently follow the laws of nature; the laws that nature spared no expense (in the way of time) in constructing. We are all part and parcel to the dynamical system from which there is no absconding. We are, in a sense “cogs” in the workings.

I am suitably confident that some equilibrium would indeed be settled upon. However, the length of said equilibrium cannot be so readily identified. Euclidian mathematics however, with its perfect bell curves and the like, is certainly unable to yield any satisfying long term projections and is more over a poor representation of the way life functions; from miniscule to magnificent it simply doesn’t fit. Perhaps, our failed attempt at fitting the nature of humanity into the linear equations of “the law” over the millennia is the fruit of a failed system. These systems that we have been “perfecting”, at one time, did not exists. At this point, evidence suggests that though the animal state in our ancestors did rear its ugly head there was still a broad level of rationally and willingly followed “higher humanity”.

My intellectual prowess is limited, so apologies are profuse.

Daniel

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join