It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zecharia Sitchin sumerian literature translations are probably greatly embellished

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

When someone uses words like: "poppycock"...

I have no defense and must defer to your intellectual prowess...

Care to present to us obvious cretins of deep thought examples of his "blatantly and demonstrably fraudulent writings"...

Please... if you would be so kind...oh most haughty and superior of mind...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
He made them up or can you cite which accession numbers they were?

Yes, Sitchin just made up stuff to fill in where academia had no data. Yep the translations point to Religious myth not history, most religious stories are a tad weak science wise and should not be considered history or factual.

For the Lost Book Of Enki tablets, I am not sure if Sitchin had those in his possession or not, but nobody has much to say about it on the net because they simply don't know. If you have read what the Sumerians have to say - it is extremely mysterious. You can piece together the knowledge of history written from the world's holy books.

Now when we have mysterious stone structures correlating with the ancient myth like Dwarka, it is totally mysterious to say the least. So we look back to this first civilization that came out of nowhere, and we listen to what they say, we also listen to the ancient cultures of the world. It just so happens that some of the ancient culture says they have been visited, like us at Roswell.

So you put together the evidence, which does take time to study. You find that around 10,000 BC, right before a great event that Plato wrote about, a certain group of aliens came down on the world's mountains - Turkey, China, and South America. They merged themselves into civilization and built the pyramids.

There is questionable literature in the Oxford data also - look how incomplete this is - they are probably leaving out the word Anunnaki, maybe not but it shouldn't be that incomplete.

After the …… of kingship had descended from heaven……seat in heaven …… flood. …… mankind. So he made ……. Then Nintur ……. Holy Inana made a lament for its people. Enki took counsel with himself. An, Enlil, Enki and Ninḫursaĝa made all the gods of heaven and earth take an oath by invoking An and Enlil. In those days Zi-ud-sura the king, the gudug priest, ……. He fashioned ……. The humble, committed, reverent ……. Day by day, standing constantly at …….

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing
a reply to: greyer

SitchinIsWrong.com

Just saying...

Ah yes that old Site created by failures whom claim to be scientists and are working trying to grab people's money to by clicking there website which is sitchiniswrong.

I wonder how much they are in earning in AD revenue by just spreading there site? i could only even imagine.

Laughable that site is even trying to debunk Ancient Astronauts to. While at the same attacking Zecharia Sitchin that only is a fail combo.

UFOs in Religious Art? Nope.
Yup.

His take on the Alien Skulls.

Yes,. Virginia, real scientists are aware of these skulls and don't think they are anything alien at all. For the company's website and a couple scholarly articles from peer-reviewed journals about those "alien" alongated Peruvian skulls. click here to go to my post.

Real scientists? or more rather government mainstream scientists is the better term i would say.
edit on 30-6-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: greyer

For the Lost Book Of Enki tablets, I am not sure if Sitchin had those in his possession or not, but nobody has much to say about it on the net because they simply don't know. If you have read what the Sumerians have to say - it is extremely mysterious. You can piece together the knowledge of history written from the world's holy books.

Are you even sure that there are any such tablets? I suspect Sitchin just made the stuff up, he wasn't particularly careful or zealous in seeking information

So we look back to this first civilization that came out of nowhere, and we listen to what they say, we also listen to the ancient cultures of the world.

That's a very common fringe meme which was made up by someone many decades ago based on essentially nothing. The Sumerians did arrive and merge with the Ubadians and from their union with them and a possible semitic tribe their civilization arose, fast compared to previous cultures but still slowly, one can see the slow development of writing from clay token to marks on clay tablets, etc.

So you put together the evidence, which does take time to study. You find that around 10,000 BC, right before a great event that Plato wrote about, a certain group of aliens came down on the world's mountains - Turkey, China, and South America. They merged themselves into civilization and built the pyramids.

I too have studied and I would say that their was great climate change at that time, stress, people invented agriculture, more people could live and be sedentary and cultures took off in some places, civilizations arose and the people built pyramids and many other structures.

There is questionable literature in the Oxford data also - look how incomplete this is - they are probably leaving out the word Anunnaki, maybe not but it shouldn't be that incomplete.

In Sumerian there is no such word as Annunaki, it comes from Babylonian. The Sumerians used Anuna. Anuna is the Sumerian word for the Gods known to the Babylonians as the Anunnaki.

Yep Sitchin was such a great linguist that he made that mistake, lol

You might want to try and find a Sumerian document stating that the Anuna were from a planet known to the Sumerians as Nibiru, good luck on that.

edit on 30/6/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

The ancient aliens in religious art is almost universally misinterpreted BS. See ancientaliensdebunked.com...

The alien skulls are all bunk. Either they are due medical conditions like the starchild skull or are the result of artificial cranial deformation - no one but the true believers believes in any of that stuff anymore..

History Channel has a lot to answer for..

And say what you like about Heiser, but at least is properly trained in Akkadian and Sumerian and has the academic credentials to prove it - unlike Sitchin.
edit on 30/6/2014 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: Because MOAR!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

When someone uses words like: "poppycock"...

I have no defense and must defer to your intellectual prowess...

Care to present to us obvious cretins of deep thought examples of his "blatantly and demonstrably fraudulent writings"...

Please... if you would be so kind...oh most haughty and superior of mind...

I gave you a link to a site which does nothing but..

Here, try this for a primer -

edit on 30/6/2014 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: Because MOAR!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

That's a very common fringe meme which was made up by someone many decades ago based on essentially nothing. The Sumerians did arrive and merge with the Ubadians and from their union with them and a possible semitic tribe their civilization arose, fast compared to previous cultures but still slowly, one can see the slow development of writing from clay token to marks on clay tablets, etc.

That's an interesting opinion. But I have heard from many researchers that if not the writing many many things involved with this civilization started immediately. I know this whole science is changing as we speak because we are learning more, but when the Sumerians state in their literature that these already questionable gods taught them how to make weapons, how to be intimate, how to produce grain, how to drink beer and even be a civilization, it sounds too questionable. But, what do you think of the Ubadian reptile figures? Some claim they are the representation of the Anuna gods.

I too have studied and I would say that their was great climate change at that time, stress, people invented agriculture, more people could live and be sedentary and cultures took off in some places, civilizations arose and the people built pyramids and many other structures.

Yes I think we should agree that nowadays we are realizing that many things could have happened in that time. Volcanoes could have created tidal waves, they are now talking about a solar outbursts which could have done major damage...

In Sumerian there is no such word as Annunaki, it comes from Babylonian. The Sumerians used Anuna. Anuna is the Sumerian word for the Gods known to the Babylonians as the Anunnaki.

Yep Sitchin was such a great linguist that he made that mistake, lol

You might want to try and find a Sumerian document stating that the Anuna were from a planet known to the Sumerians as Nibiru, good luck on that.

I was aware of that, but it doesn't make much difference because the people who came up with Annunaki were still referring to the same Anuna. Yes Oxford doesn't give us Nibiru but I can understand that. First you have to realize that the government cover up for this subject is just as big as the UFO cover up. Why? Because we were visited in ancient history and that is where the truth is.

In past history there is SO much evidence that we are being controlled and run by dishonest devils if you disagree with that then sorry but your eyes are just totally completely closed to what occurs in reality. I am so sad at all I have found to be such childish egotistical nonsense committed by these people only for the sake of keeping the general public in ignorance.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Who are these numerous researchers who have told you the Sumerians popped out of nowhere?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

That's an interesting opinion. But I have heard from many researchers that if not the writing many many things involved with this civilization started immediately.

You've never read a single word about the Sumerians from a non fringe source have you?

Okay name names and provide evidence.......start with the written language

I know this whole science is changing as we speak because we are learning more, but when the Sumerians state in their literature that these already questionable gods taught them how to make weapons, how to be intimate, how to produce grain, how to drink beer and even be a civilization, it sounds too questionable. But, what do you think of the Ubadian reptile figures? Some claim they are the representation of the Anuna gods.

Er so HG with thousands x thousands of years of hunting experience had to be shown by aliens how to make weapons?

I was aware of that, but it doesn't make much difference because the people who came up with Annunaki were still referring to the same Anuna. Yes Oxford doesn't give us Nibiru but I can understand that. First you have to realize that the government cover up for this subject is just as big as the UFO cover up. Why? Because we were visited in ancient history and that is where the truth is.

Lol, nope look up the initial 19th century translations you'll notice Annunaki are not there either...wrong word - wrong language

In past history there is SO much evidence that we are being controlled and run by dishonest devils if you disagree with that then sorry but your eyes are just totally completely closed to what occurs in reality. I am so sad at all I have found to be such childish egotistical nonsense committed by these people only for the sake of keeping the general public in ignorance.

Or you are completely wrong

edit on 1/7/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Who are these numerous researchers who have told you the Sumerians popped out of nowhere?

I am not the type of personality to cite every person in the interviews I have listened to and material I have read just to please someone that doesn't believe in me. One of the things that is hard to get past the ego is judgement, it is hard to learn the virtue of judgement - which is the pseudo.
edit on 8Tue, 01 Jul 2014 20:30:34 -0500America/Chicago14America/ChicagoTue, 01 Jul 2014 20:30:34 -0500 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I am not the type of personality to cite every person in the interviews I have listened to and material I have read just to please someone that doesn't believe in me. One of the things that is hard to get past the ego is judgement, it is hard to learn the virtue of judgement - which is the pseudo.

So people should believe in you without you having to provide evidence? How novel. I guess not being able to provide the source is inconsequential.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Chuckle

We look forward to geyser's summary of his research on the Sumerian language, especially his examination of the proto-literate stage and how their use of tokens evolved into true cuneiform.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Chuckle

We look forward to geyser's summary of his research on the Sumerian language, especially his examination of the proto-literate stage and how their use of tokens evolved into true cuneiform.

Easy. It sprang into being from nowhere. I don't need to cite it, and if you refuse to believe me it's your own ego and judgmental nature causing the problems.

Did I do it right?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Spot on, I did recall that it was it H. Wilkins who might have first mention the fast rise but he meant hundreds of years but I think it was Z. Sitchin actually started the Sumer from nowhere idea.

Greyer I would suggest C F B Walkers' book Cuneiform, 1987 for a good short (64 pages) for an understanding of where Sumerian came from and how it developed.

edit on 2/7/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Today we have a lot of very interesting texts, especially ones with a religious content which have come to light and which most of us have never heard of until someone writes about them.

Just because a researcher is not of the main -stream from one of the universities does not mean that their work is invalid. In fact when one reads a 'university' report one should realise that it is following the official line, or the researcher would loose their funding toot sweetie! Its galling to hear from one of the top professors at Oxford that historyh is in dire need of rewriting and correcting yet no one seems to have the stomach to do it. Which leads to the freedom of researchers to do their work and inform the rest of us.

I did read that Sitchin was funded by Rothschild which I found somewhat interesting. However with regard to Sitchin's work he has made an interesting scenario which cannot be discounted one way or the other yet. We do know regarding the planets that something has come into our solar system, has forced Uranus to turn on its side, we have lost a planet between Mars and Jupiter and Venus turns counterwise to all the other planets. We also seem to have a very peculiar moon which some researchers pose interesting questions about but remain unanswered. We also know that our planet has suffered major disruption to life on a number of occasions and we find OOPARTS all over the world that cannot be explained in coal that is million s of years old. University Professors and researchers have kept very much away from all things controversial so we only have a very close linked idea of our origins tied into exactly what the Papacy laid down and governments choose to follow. Personally I would prefer the truth despite the fact I might not be over-enamoured with my humble beginnings.

There is an interesting comment we often ignore when it comes to the early times in our current biblical records and that is that there were at least two different types of people on the planet as well as all those who lived outside the Garden of Eden and that the figure many call God, did not work alone and kept other people out of his garden. We also have mention of giants so we know we didn't all look the same and have the same 'image'. Surely it is getting to be time our origins were sorted out despite some people's sensitivities, which should not be allowed to influence everyone - if you don't want to know, don't look, but let those of us who do want to, find out about our origins.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

However with regard to Sitchin's work he has made an interesting scenario which cannot be discounted one way or the other yet.

Basically every single thing you posted is flat out wrong and proven wrong. For the sake of saving time I will address the on topic part.

It can be discounted, it has been proven false. Not maybe .. not sort of ... not who knows ... it's 100% proven wrong.

Here is a place to start.

www.sitchiniswrong.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I don't care if you believe me or anyone else, so don't. I'm still going to be verbal on you unbelieving people, it's not going to change anything.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You know you have to wonder on all of this because. They went to Iraq an stole all that, I mean the US illuminati did.

So you have to ask yourself, why? Why the wars? Just what are they hiding? Enough already got out though, there was obviously a lot more they didn't want out.

PERIOD.

So Sitchens translations were much appreciated.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The whole world of illusion and slavery and false disempowering, diminishing soul, religions rest on that stuff not getting out and info on who is farming us.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I don't care if you believe me or anyone else, so don't. I'm still going to be verbal on you unbelieving people, it's not going to change anything.

Yes and you need to understand that the evidence shows you are stating made up things are real. We shall treat you with respect but your incorrect info as utterly meaningless.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join