It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

increased seismic activity , disaster is imminent?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

If you're lucky, ModernAcademia will come along with several links similar to the ones you've provided showing that there has been quite a bit of research into the correlation between solar activity and earthquakes but no one can really agree on what specifically triggers them.

Increased solar activity
Decreased solar activity
Sudden changes in solar activity
The list goes on and it's all still circumstantial.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

If you're lucky, ModernAcademia will come along with several links similar to the ones you've provided showing that there has been quite a bit of research into the correlation between solar activity and earthquakes but no one can really agree on what specifically triggers them.

Increased solar activity
Decreased solar activity
Sudden changes in solar activity
The list goes on and it's all still circumstantial.

Yes, we have a lot to learn about the sun and the earth and the connections between them and the rest of the solar system.

Oct. 30, 2008: During the time it takes you to read this article, something will happen high overhead that until recently many scientists didn't believe in. A magnetic portal will open, linking Earth to the sun 93 million miles away. Tons of high-energy particles may flow through the opening before it closes again, around the time you reach the end of the page. "It's called a flux transfer event or 'FTE,'" says space physicist David Sibeck of the Goddard Space Flight Center. "Ten years ago I was pretty sure they didn't exist, but now the evidence is incontrovertible."

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
5,2 hit luzon, philippines

edit on 23-11-2012 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Oct. 30, 2008: During the time it takes you to read this article, something will happen high overhead that until recently many scientists didn't believe in. A magnetic portal will open, linking Earth to the sun 93 million miles away. Tons of high-energy particles may flow through the opening before it closes again, around the time you reach the end of the page. "It's called a flux transfer event or 'FTE,'" says space physicist David Sibeck of the Goddard Space Flight Center. "Ten years ago I was pretty sure they didn't exist, but now the evidence is incontrovertible." science.nasa.gov...

we have a magnetic field hole? it was crazy, the atmosphere has also been perforated?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy
5,2 hit luzon, philippines

A magnitude 5.2 in the Ring of Fire isn't anything to worry about. Really, if there was no activity there it would be worrying.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
i could explain this in one way and downright call you simple minded and have you go googleing happy.. but i wont

because im so nice ..

what i will do is say that 5 + mag quakes in different part of the ring of fire is normal and this year its been rather slow quake wise ...

what you need to look out for in any given period is a increase in quake that are over 7.9 in areas that are close to together or even an increase in 6 + mags same deal applies here ..

personally im not worried in the least and watching quakes and volcanoes is my hobby .. and iv done a lot more research into these two subjects then you . ... and you ask anybody whos old school in this forum i know what im talking about ...

you should take a peek at a few of my threads .. es the volcano watch threads .. as im the author behind those ..

im here to help educate the people a bit .. or a lot and to help you understand the working of mother earth..

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Yeah yeah, but what does it SAY?........In english.........

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I found this interesting. Seismic and just about every thing seems related to the sun cycles and they seem related to lineups that make the sun act up. Also we've had 2 solar eclipses this year and I was told that earth runs on sunshine, ie earth core, so there is a connection between eclipses and earthquakes as well.

But this is a forecast for a solar storm.

2MIN News November 22, 2012: MAGNETIC STORM WATCH - Nov.23-25

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Very normal activity as i have seen, i have been browsing RSOE EDIS site many years daily. But i wouldn´t say not to worry but since there is no such a thing as predicted earthquakes anything can happen. Today no big ones, earthquake from 4-5 most people do not even recognize it.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
help, i dont know how to create a topic on here

can someone PLS make one about this huge erution at the moment heading right toward us .....

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

thx

UPDATE: Major earthfacing solar eruption. The horizontal filament just south of the equator, center disk, erupted a few hours ago and produced a hyder flare / solar tsunami. The CME is undoubtedly going to hit earth between Sunday night and Monday night - THEREFORE, the Aurora and Magnetic Storm watch is extended through November 27th, and the quake watch may just start early. (from suspicousobserver on youtube)

nvm the making a new post thing, seems its quite at home right here

edit on 23-11-2012 by pheniks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I read this morning that the Yellowstone caldera is a foot higher than it was in 2009.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I noticed a number of quakes today Nov. 25th in South America..seemed like there were more than usual.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join