It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

increased seismic activity , disaster is imminent?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I saw the earthquake meter today .. on my PC (windows gadgets) and saw a lot of earthquakes with scale 5 of the 19th november till now .. what happened?

see also USGS Data :
earthquake.usgs.gov...

on 19 november 2012, solar flares occur with a very strong force .. and the CME will arrive in the earth's atmosphere on 23 and 24 november 2012 ...
www.solarham.net...

what will happen on the 24th when the CME get into the atmosphere?

I hope what I'm afraid of it wrong

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

There's been bigger earth directed CME's this year (as well as other years), why is this particular one ominous?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Don't worry about it, there is nothing we can do anyway. Pretty soon someone will come and try to tell you that nothing is related. I don't know anything, I just study research and research is starting to tie things together but until it is officially accepted than the relationship is nonexistant. When it is accepted scientists will say, see it now exists because we have found evidence.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I think so .. and still active sunspot 1618 facing Earth ...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Don't worry about it, there is nothing we can do anyway
reply to post by rickymouse

it's true friend .. and we can only pray and hope it will not happen...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy

on 19 november 2012, solar flares occur with a very strong force .. and the CME will arrive in the earth's atmosphere on 23 and 24 november 2012 ...
www.solarham.net...

what will happen on the 24th when the CME get into the atmosphere?

What will happen? I think we use the term "aurora borealis/australis" these days. Expect to see pretty skies in the northern regions.

I remember several much stronger flares in the past, they brought no harm. Didn't we have a nice X-5 flare (or thereabouts) earlier this year? Where was the total destruction from that one? I wouldn't put too much stock in doom fears relating to flares or CMEs, whatever effect they do have on the plates is apparently rather underwhelming.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

what about the increase in earthquake activity?

I am not a doomsdayer .. but just curious ..

edit on 22-11-2012 by cheesy because: spell

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

What increase? As far as I can tell by watching the dailies 0-10 mag range, we've been in an activity slump. I very highly suggest reading the EQ Watch thread and going over PuterMan's charts. I thought we might have hit a horrifying slow period until I looked at the data charts he compiled, and realized we're following a relatively normal pattern over time when compared with years and years, and decades worth of records. If you need anything explained, go ahead and post -- the regular posters in that thread are very informative & helpful with digesting the data.

edit on 11/22/2012 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

the regular posters in that thread are very informative & helpful with digesting the data

TQ

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It's all part of Global Warming's plan.
Don't worry, we will find a way to raise taxes and pay for a way to stop it.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

:lol

link   
reply to post by DrGod

link   
reply to post by DrGod

link   
reply to post by DrGod

link   
reply to post by DrGod

link   
reply to post by DrGod

link   
reply to post by DrGod

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Don't worry about it, there is nothing we can do anyway. Pretty soon someone will come and try to tell you that nothing is related. I don't know anything, I just study research and research is starting to tie things together but until it is officially accepted than the relationship is nonexistant. When it is accepted scientists will say, see it now exists because we have found evidence.

This may be true I certainly have been feeling like this.

From 1948 to 1997, the Institute of North Industrial Ecology Problems in Russia found that geomagnetic activity showed three seasonal peaks each of those years (March to May, in July, and in October). Every peak matched an increased incidence of anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, and suicide in the city Kirovsk. Read more: Solar flare: The sun touches our psyche | Washington Times Communities Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter

communities.washingtontimes.com...

I have noticed in my own research that solar activity is known to influence human consciousness. Solar flares affect the Central Nervous System (stomach lining), all brain activity (including equilibrium), along with human behaviour and all psycho-physiological (mental-emotional-physical) response. Solar flares can cause us to be nervous, anxiousness, worrisome, jittery, dizzy, shaky, irritable, lethargic, exhausted, have short term memory problems and heart palpitations, feel nauseous, queasy, and to have prolonged head pressure and headaches. Do you have any of the above lately? I am hearing from people in Canada, the U.S., South America, Japan, Greece, Malta, Belgium, Sweden, the UK, Australia etc. that all report the symptoms that I address after an episode of high solar flare activity.

carliniinstitute.com...
edit on 22-11-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Nothing can be more horrid than a 10 mag and unless iam drunk it is now perhaps happeennin .
I hope not as my smirnoff is dill half emepty.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

There is a possible correlation.

arxiv.org...

We propose a model explaining the charged particles accelerated during the solar flare and released in the space that undergone further acceleration by interplanetary shocks and produce the ring current in the earth's magnetosphere, which may enhance the process of tectonics plates motion abruptly at fault zones. It is further proposed that such sudden enhancement in the process of tectonic motion of plates in fault zones may increase abruptly the heat gradients on spatial (dT/dx) and temporal (dT/dt) scales responsible for earthquakes.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Earthquakes and solar flares are phenomena involving huge and rapid releases of energy characterized by complex temporal occurrence. By analysing available experimental catalogs, we show that the stochastic processes underlying these apparently different phenomena have universal properties. Namely both problems exhibit the same distributions of sizes, inter-occurrence times and the same temporal clustering: we find afterflare sequences with power law temporal correlations as the Omori law for seismic sequences.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join