It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help communicating with a spirit in my home

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by doodles40

My pleasure buddy. If things get intense, just remember to look at everything logically. I was doing an EVP session and I felt a cold spot "flow" onto me. At first I got a little excited, then nervous. I collected my thoughts and remembered to think it through logically. Low and behold, I had a window open and it was producing the cold spot.

The mind is a very powerful tool.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I agree with MCX1942 try EVP. I am not a paranoral investigator but have used EVP to communicate with the fellow in our home. You may find its a personal attachment rather than your home is haunted. We did! Good Luck!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25
human spirits do not roam earth after death. You are dealing with non human entities. Turn to Jesus Christ, the Maker and Master of spirits, the God of Abraham, and pickup a Bible and crucifix. Good luck

Love how you take the time to stop by and preach religion
, this was not constructive at all...you speak as though you are certain this is not possible...where are your facts to support this? I personally have had contact with many spirits...you are right they are not human...they are pure energy trapped in between dimensions...they had untimely ascensions that were interrupted by negative consequences...this is why it is necessary to be in the right frame of mind every day...some are not prepared and need help moving on.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantazero
I agree with MCX1942 try EVP. I am not a paranoral investigator but have used EVP to communicate with the fellow in our home. You may find its a personal attachment rather than your home is haunted. We did! Good Luck!

Yeah I wouldn't mind giving EVP a go but I don't really have the equipment, and a lot of the EVP stuff you see is pretty questionable and seems like you wouldn't know what they were saying if you hadn't already been told what it was they were saying. But I mean I havn't personally tried it so I can't exactly dismiss it. Do you know any cheap ways to do EVP recordings? As in with household items like an ipod with recording capability or a phone? Or do you need to buy a recorder?
This questions aimed at you too mcx1942

edit on 22-11-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Any recording device works. Look around your house, you probably have one.

I myself am using an old mp3 player that has a mic on it that records in WAV format.

You can use old analog recorders too. Like an old tape player that can record.

I have seen some sites say cell phones work too but I do not like the fact it is a device that is "plugged into" the air waves already. Too high a chance to catch random interference.

I do not know much about the Ipod, that may work. I think Ipods are just mp3 players. Try it out.
edit on 11/22/2012 by mcx1942 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Oh ok I'll have a look around the house, and I have an ipod touch that can record I think, so I guess I could give that a try.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Oh cool yeah the ipod records in the WAV format and I can copy them onto the computer, so at least I know I can use that when I find a good time to try it out.

Thanks man, if I do find anything good I'll let you know

But also in saying that my main focus for now is to find out if there is a little boy haunting (or I guess I prefer to say visiting) my house, and if I can help him in any way
edit on 22-11-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Cool, that should work fine.

To date I have found three audio anomalies. Two sound like answers to my questions. One is a very faint "yeah", other is a very faint "yes". But I can not be sure because they are short words that can be mistaken for sounds and vice versa.

My third EVP is two syllables. But I left the room when it was captured. I was thinking maybe the spirit is intimidated by me and if I left, I might catch something. I did catch my first two syllable sound but I was not in the room and any number of possibilities may have occurred for me to catch it.

I also recommend if you start using audio software to clean up the evps and make them easier to hear, to only do very minimal noise filtering and sound amplifying. I found if you toy with this too much any sound can resemble words.

When I first started, I thought I was catching EVPs left and right. But nope. I was just tweaking the sounds too much. Keep audio tweaking to a bare minimum or none at all. A good free audio program is Audacity.

The 3 audio anomalies I do have, can be heard without any sound manipulation but they are very, very faint.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Keep trying MCX1942! I seem to get more complete sentances which most of the time answer questions. This may be do to the personal attatchment that is claimed. If your an investigator you should look into making a "ghost box" or running "EVP Maker" through a computer.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantazero

Howdy friend,

I have read that in a lot of places, that the more you do the better you get at capturing them. I think it may start to become more of a subconscious act of your interactions with the spirits. I must say from what I have caught so far, it has intrigued me more than anything in my life before.

The Shack Hack(ghost box) is something I will get here soon. I would like to experiment with ITCs and the shack hack is a good way to start out. I know the skeptical reasoning behind why ITCs are questionable but I would like to experiment with it.

I have used EVP Assistant, only once so far. It is a great noise generator(white and others). I was not successful but it was my first try. I tried all five sounds but did it in one sitting. Was really just a test run. I am going to be having sessions with only one sound at a time to see if one is more successful. It has a Spiricom noise generator, which I then started researching everything I could find on the Spiricom. There is very interesting info on this.

I do have EVP maker but I have not used it yet because I'm not sure how to use it. I gave it a quick look but did not fiddle with it too much. I guess you can record your own sounds and have them turned into a noise generator? Is it something like that? If you could give me any tips on that, I would be very thankful.
edit on 11/22/2012 by mcx1942 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Fascinating! I can't wait to see what you come up with. I am glad that you desire to help this child move on.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Reply to post by doodles40

Go back to where you had your defining encounter, to where he showed himself in the window of the house opposite. Look to the window, signal your intent to interact with this little boy's spirit.

I find that if you return to the spot of the encounter and let a spirit connect with yours it will give you all the answers you seek without saying a word.

Your intentions are pure so hopefully he will eventually make contact with you. Sometimes communicating a message is all a spirit needs to peacefully pass to their next reality

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I'm wondering what could cause a spirit to get personally attached to someone. I believe I may have a spirit attached to me. I believe it's a she and her touch doesn't bother me. That is the strange thing about it. I usually see nothing except a few times when I see something like slightly wispy specks. I do feel something physically when I am touched. As far as I know, the spirit stays home in my house when I go out. I have not noticed anything strange in other people's houses. I didn't even notice anything for the first week after I moved into my new house several years ago and then I got the impression someone moved in with me after I moved out.

I've even interacted with whatever or whomever is in my house by asking her to go flush out an entity in a friend's place and the friend told me all paranormal activity stopped in her place after that. Strange. I could have multiple entities living with me. As long as everyone stays friendly, I'm in no hurry to attempt to communicate. If I started to see a human shaped ghost, I might change my mind. Sometimes I wonder if what we are experiencing could be other living people who are interacting on the astral plane with our physical reality and stopping by to visit or play in some cases not even realizing what they are doing while they are asleep.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Fascinating! I can't wait to see what you come up with. I am glad that you desire to help this child move on.

Thank you and yeah I will keep everyone updated, but don't expect anything too quickly like I said this has been going on over almost 3 years, but hopefully everyones suggestions will help me find some answers

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Charlestrad

Yeah that would be a little hard though there are actually people living there at the moment and I don't know them very well, so it's similar to how I was saying I'm weary of asking the landlord about it, they might think I'm some kind of nut job

But yeah for some reason I get the feeling that this spirit wanders over to our house most of the time, would definitely be worth it to ask the neighbor if I do get to know them, rather thank standing outside their window late at night looking like I'm talking to thin air

Great suggestion though it definitely sounds like it would be the right thing to do, so hopefully he decides to pop up somewhere I can access without looking like a weirdo

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Oh ok that sounds interesting? Like I mentioned earlier to BrokenAngelWings33 I had an experience where I think the spirit of a little girl followed me to a new house and then dissapared. I assumed this was because the new house we had moved to had a better feeling to it, the house we were living at before didn't have a terrible feeling but every now and then there were bad vibes, Like one time when I was lying in bed It felt like someone fully grabbed my face for a few seconds, was not nice, We hadn't blessed that house though, but we did at the next house we moved to so maybe she wanted to get away from bad spirits at the other house.

How did you get to know about the spirit you feel is attatched to you?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
You can't communicate with a demon without inviting demonic oppression to happen. (another word for that is haunting). I'd leave it alone, and if it rares it teeth then only God can help you to this mess.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Ask the ghost if he can watch & protect your house while you are away.

~FK

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
You can't communicate with a demon without inviting demonic oppression to happen. (another word for that is haunting). I'd leave it alone, and if it rares it teeth then only God can help you to this mess.

Well what are some ways to tell it's a demon? Or what makes you think it's a demon? Any advice?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuriousKitty
Ask the ghost if he can watch & protect your house while you are away.

~FK

Haha will do

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join