It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help communicating with a spirit in my home

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I have been meaning to write this up for a while but just havn't really got around to it, and I know this is a big read but please bare with me

First of all I just want to say don't worry I'm not trying to mess with spirits or anything bad like that I more have good reasons for wanting to communicate with this spirit.

2nd of all I don't have any proof like videos and photos so please don't come on this post saying I'm fake and all of that I am just genuinely asking for help from people who are experienced with this sort of stuff, but in saying that feel free to ask questions

Ok so I've kind of always believed in the whole paranormal thing and it dosn't scare me I actually quite enjoy it and feel like I'm kind of open to these things and over the years I have had experiences that I would definitely deem as paranormal and I may talk about some of these as the thread progresses, but to start with I am just wanting to talk about this one experience which has been going on over the last few years.

So it started when we moved to our current home almost 3 years ago. When I would be home alone and in my room downstairs I would hear things moving around upstairs and what sounded like a kid walking and running around occasionally and at the back of my mind thought it could of been a ghost but kinda just shrugged it off and thought nothing of it.

Then things started happening like the doorbell ringing or hearing someone knocking at the door with nobody there when I answered it and it can't be someone messing with me because we have a big noisy sliding gate you would have to get through to get to the door and I would hear that long before somebody even got to the door, and on top of that my room is next to the front door so they would have to be Usain Bolt to run away fast enough before I answered the door
Also other family members have mentioned that they've had the same thing with the doorbell ringing or a knock on the door with nobody being there when they answer.
One day I was upstairs on the computer and had grabbed a few cookies to eat when the doorbell rang so i put the cookies down and ran downstairs to answer the door and yet again there was nobody there and the gate was closed so I just closed the door and went back upstairs and my cookies were gone? This is what made me start thinking that if this was a ghost it may be a child?
I wasn't freaking out or anything because I could just kind of sense that it wasn't a bad spirit it was friendly and playful.

Now this is the part that topped it off. One night I had walked up the road to the shop and when I got back and was walking down my driveway I looked at one of the neighbors houses over the fence and saw this little boy standing in the window just staring at me as I walked by, and I don't want this to sound too cliche but he was kind of a glowing blueish grey color which at the time I just thought to myself was due to the fact it was night time and must have been the moonlight or something, and when I got to my front door I looked back at the window and he was gone so I thought he must have gone to bed or something.

The next morning me and my mum were talking and I brought it up, I was just like "man the neighbors in that green house's kid is a creepy little dude a, he was staring at me out the window quite late last night", and she gave me a strange look and said "Nobody lives at that green house?". And here I was thinking we just had really quiet neighbors

So that got me thinking wow maybe it was the ghost of this little boy I think has been hanging around the house.
A few other experiences I have had have been with other people which is great because that shows that I'm not crazy and just hearing and seeing things

One time was when a good friend of mine came to pick me up one night and he said he thought he saw someone crouching at the back of his car and tapping on his window and he thought it was me just messing with him and was laughing, until he saw me walking out of my front door, he was kind of spooked and was telling me to get i the car and he told me what happened and I was like oh yeah that's just the little ghost boy haunting my house, which he responded with let's get the F out of here

I've also had other friends who we hadn't even told that story to that said at times they've been waiting for me have heard someone tapping on their windows.

Now this experience was quite freaky and happened about 2 weeks ago, 2 of my friends were over and it had been raining so all outside was wet except for about 2 metres of path leading to my front door which I left open because we were going out soon. On the way out one of my friends noticed some fresh wet barefoot footprints on the dry path and asked if I had been outside or anything which I responded no and that if I had I would have worn shoes, my other friend responded the same. When we took a closer look we realized they were little child sized footprints leading into my house.

Now with all of that I have summed up that I think it is the ghost of a little boy and the reason I want to try and contact him is because I want to know his name so that I can find out what happened to him and to maybe help him pass on? (If that's how it works?) because it must be pretty lonely for him and he may be confused with what's going on or why he's here? My theory is that maybe he died at some stage in that house next door and his family moved away and his spirit could be trapped here, maybe he dosn't know where his family is? And maybe he enjoys being around the house because I have 2 young sisters and he may like being around a caring family and other children? (I am not a child by the way I'm 20 just for you people who get put off thinking it's a 12 year old making up some story) I also have a spiritual family who support me in my views and also want to know what this could all be.

Like I said I'm open to this stuff and I guess sensitive to it? But I'm not claiming to be some supernatural psychic or anything it's not something I have control over I just see and experience things here and there so It would be great to get some input from someone who is experienced and more in control of these sorts of things

Also anyone else feel free to ask questions or share your own views on what you think about this.

Thank you

edit on 22-11-2012 by doodles40 because: Attempt to make it easier to read

edit on 22-11-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Being open to it is the first step. Take a few moments to research the address on google or archives from your local paper...try to find out as much information you can about the boy...if you are not able to find out much...try finding a quiet place in an area nearest to where you think he frequents...concentrate on your breathing...in and out...deep breaths...with your eyes closed. When you feel relaxed try asking questions and pay attention to what you are hearing in return. Tell the spirit you are there to help...try to feel their presence...you may need to do this several times to make the connect. the key is letting that spirit know you are available and that you are not afraid or looking to cause it more harm. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Thanks heaps I'll give that a go

And yeah I've tried to do a bit of research but havn't found anything, next step is to ask the landlord who owns the property if he knows anything because he is around there a lot doing maintanence, just a bit hesitant because I don't know how he will respond he may think i'm crazy or something
but If I need to I will have to ask him.

Yeah I was wondering if the fact that he showed himself to me means that he kind of trusts me in a way? There have been other times where I have heard things upstairs and thought it was my sisters and have gone up to check and could of sworn I saw a kid run into the next room and thinking it's one of my sisters that's woken up but when I go and check on them they are asleep in their room.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by doodles40

A wise neighbor once pointed out that the idea of ghosts is similar to guests. Give them the respect that you would a guest. They will be polite a guest

This has served me well so far
Cheer

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone

A wise neighbor once pointed out that the idea of ghosts is similar to guests. Give them the respect that you would a guest. They will be polite a guest

This has served me well so far
Cheer

Yeah I definitely treat spirits with respect, especially nice ones which is why I want to see if this little guy needs some help
Thanks for the input

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The landlord may have the answers you need.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
human spirits do not roam earth after death. You are dealing with non human entities. Turn to Jesus Christ, the Maker and Master of spirits, the God of Abraham, and pickup a Bible and crucifix. Good luck

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Yeah I'll have to bring it up next time I see him.

I had a similar experience when I was younger where we (me and my mum) think I had the spirit of a little girl follow me when we moved house? I'm really good with kids and my mum thinks that maybe child spirits are drawn to me for some reason?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25
human spirits do not roam earth after death. You are dealing with non human entities. Turn to Jesus Christ, the Maker and Master of spirits, the God of Abraham, and pickup a Bible and crucifix. Good luck

I tell you what, that Jesus has a lot to answer for. How dare he just make demons up out of thin air, and let them loose on the earth to torment the very souls he seeks to save. How can he love us so much if he makes all these horrible nasty entities - as you have just explained - and leaves them to terrorise us.

If I breed dogs, and I raise rabid mongrels and let them loose and they attack someone, no one turns to me and says "Oh Wino, Save us from evil, oh Lord." ..

even if they did I'd probably say "Nahh, bugger off, I'm busy, dogs are hungry." and slam the door.

edit on 22-11-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25

Hm well I don't agree but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. We bless our homes before we move in to them and never have any evil spirits or entities, and I also wear my own form of protection around my neck and I trust how I feel about these things and I just know this isn't something evil.

Thanks for your input though it's always good to get many different opinions

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I didn't read your entire post, it's late here and I'm off to bed. But I will in the morning. However, I can help you when it comes to contacting spirits. A few words of warning: Since you can't tell who you're speaking to, you can have imposters. Some spirits need energy to communicate which in return can make you feel weak or lethargic. Also, actively trying to communicate can cause more activity to happen.

Now, onto your question. I gather you have an open mind so that helps a lot. Remember to stay calm, your calmness will help the spirit and not frighten anything away. (Whatever happens though, do not get aggressive. Even if it's a 'bad' spirit.) Best thing to do, is to gather a voice recorder (digital works best, no noise due to internal machinery which can cause audio matrixing), get a pen and paper and just be yourself. Make sure your voice recorder can connect with your computer either through USB or a removable memory card.

Sit down in an area you feel the presence. This could either be due to the fact that you've seen or felt something there previously, know that others have seen the spirit there or you can feel it by either sensations of cold/hot or goosebumps or an electric feeling.

Start out by saying something like, "Hello my name is (your name). I know you're here and I don't want to cause you any harm or to chase you away. You're welcomed to stay and I am willing to share this space with you.".

Make sure your voice recorder is running while doing this. If you get an urge to write something down, like a though you wouldn't normally have or something you find odd, write it down. Even if it's just a word, a name or something similar. Ask simple questions like, "What's your name, how did you die, where are you from, did you live here, are you happy/sad, do you need help". After asking the question wait a few seconds before trying again. Make sure you mark noises you recognize while recording. This way, you won't forget or misinterpret a noise you captured as something "ghostly".

Remember that you may not capture anything on your first try. If that's the case, try again. And again. And if you really want to communicate, try it again until the day you either capture something or feel that there is nothing there.

Upload the audio file to your computer.

When going over your audio, use a headset. Mark any odd noises down on a piece of paper. Like "Mumbling at 2 minutes 13 seconds". You may have to increase the sound or clean it up by removing background noise.

For doing that, I suggest using Audacity: audacity.sourceforge.net... (Win/Mac/Linux).

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Just out of curiosity, what are you wearing around your neck?

You said you had a "spiritual family", what kind of spirituality?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I would suggest a high level of caution on your part. But, if you wish to proceed with this you might try what worked for me. Without delving into a lot of details on my situation, what I did was ask a few yes/no questions with a response of 1 knock being yes and 2 knocks being no. Later progressing to spelling with 1 knock = a, 2 knocks = b and so on. My friend who was there, myself, and other family members were shocked at the responses.

Keep your wits about you though. Remember that whoever/whatever you are communicating with is not "under oath" and any answers you get may or may not be true depending on what is most beneficial for them. You may be very clever and/or wanting to help but you could be tricked. Also, the more you communicate the more you could be strengthening the connection between you and whoever/whatever you are communicating with.

Be careful, just because you think this is a little boy does not mean it is.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Hi there friend.

I myself am a new Paranormal Investigator. I am not a "believer" but I believe it may be possible. I am researching this because I am very interested in finding out all I can about the spirit phenomena. I have captured some EVPs but I am not satisfied they are not just audio artifacts. I am yet to capture an EVP saying "I'm a ghost, see I exist!" There are many ways to get started. I am going to post links to some info I found helpful.

Ghost hunting for beginners
www.parafpi.com...
becauseilive.hubpages.com...

Paranormal Investigation Techniques and Equipment
www.trueghosttales.com...

How to record EVPs
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is tons of information out there. Just remember to be skeptical in your research. The more you learn and practice the better you will get. Have fun friend!

edit on 11/22/2012 by mcx1942 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/22/2012 by mcx1942 because: I'm a terrible speller...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Wow thanks heaps and yeah sorry I know it's a big read but I hope you see it as being worth it when you do get around to reading it

I'll give this a try when I can

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
As I read the last paragraph I got an empathic feeling and thought that he might of died from an illness.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Just out of curiosity, what are you wearing around your neck?

You said you had a "spiritual family", what kind of spirituality?

Just spiritual in general like we aren't really a specific religion or anything like that we just have our our beliefs about stuff, and I'm part Maori and my step dad is Maori and is very spiritual in terms of Maori beliefs and spirituality.

And around my neck I wear a Pounamu necklace (Greenstone) and it has been blessed and everything and is meant to protect you spiritually.

Hope that helps

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Oh yeah thank you for the warning which I will definitely heed, don't worry I'm not going in head first with my eyes closed I know to be cautious and everything but I just have the feeling it's something good and I've always trusted that feeling whether it be to show me something's good or warn me something is bad and it's always been right so far, but yeah I will definitely still be cautious

Thanks

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Hey man thanks heaps I'll give those links a look.

Yeah I'd say I myself am a believer but not an ignorant believer. Like I myself personally believe there could be or are spirits based on experiences I have had but at the same time I'm not gonna go around telling everyone I'm right and they are wrong, I'd prefer to have solid evidence before I go and tell anyone it's 100% true, and I am the type of person that (Even though I am a believer) will try and debunk anything that happens to it's fullest before I convince myself that I think it was something paranormal, But yeah everyone's entitled to their own beliefs.

Thanks for the input

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthermantwo
As I read the last paragraph I got an empathic feeling and thought that he might of died from an illness.

Hm, well the experience I spoke about where I saw him in the window is pretty much the only time that I have claimed to see him and that was crystal clear for a good 10 or so seconds and he did look kind of sickly, but I'm not sure if that's because of the stereotypical "white Glow" of a ghost or the moonlight, but yeah he looked tired, baggy rings under the eyes and didn't look happy.

So maybe you could be on to something there? I suppose I'll hopefully find out

Thank you for that though because that gives me something to ask and something I could possibly get a response from

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join