It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a person make another person physically sick just by being in their presence?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I ask this because twice, my girlfriend has been so sick she's out of commission for a few days with nausea, vomiting and blinding headaches, happened the first time we were together which was mid October (we were together a few days, got sick the second day), and yesterday she got sick with the symptoms again.
We've been together a few other times, but she didn't get sick.
Is this possible, to literally make someone sick?
As far as my health goes, I feel perfectly fine

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I am the one who gets sick if I even think of either of my coke-head, booze-hound brothers.

Do you have halitosis, perhaps?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I know what you are talking about. I get nauseous and a "slimy" feeling every single time I hear dear leader talk.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think this may be your body reacting to a perceived threat. Fight or flight. Or puke

Some people make me want to punch them. Since that is not acceptable I have to internalize that feeling. It can cause nausea

Enjoy your family this thanks giving

link   
Maybe you are wearing cologne or something else she could be allergic to?
Do you eat anything she normally doesn't eat?

link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Oh no!!!! you mentioned your gf in your op, i hope you have your druscillaproof vest on.
Ayway you make a lovely couple.
I think to cover all bases, your girl needs to see a dr. Its probably some sort of winter virus. odd though how it comes and goes.
anyway i hope she is well at the moment.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Thank you, but no, she's in bed right now, we went to her family's house for dinner and had to leave 2 hours later.
To the other replies, I don't hae halitosis, I don't wear cologne, and pretty much we eat the same thing...
Just really concerned that this happened twice...
Once is a fluke, twice is something to sit up and make you think....

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

your right about wanting to punch people in the face but you cant

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Ever heard the term "correlation does not equal causation"? This fits here pretty nicely... I'm sure she was wearing clothes at the time of her sickness too right? So it is the clothes that made her sick... Or I bet she had something to eat too, that must of made her sick... Was she breathing at the time? That must of made her sick...

Oh but wait, on other days she does all these things and is not sick...

I like to call it coincidence...

People get sick man, just the way it is! Some people get more sick than others... You just happened to be around at the time...

I mean it is most definitely possible to make someone sick by being in their presence. Say for instance if you had just gone swimming in a cess pit, or if you have been rolling around in gone off fish guts or something like that. But failing that I would put it down to coincidence...

I will ask one question, when you meet do you ever cook for her? If so do you wash your hands after you use the toilet? You do not have to answer this but it is something to consider...

Edit: I just saw this from you...

Once is a fluke, twice is something to sit up and make you think....

Really? You think if something happens twice there must be something supernatural going on? For real? Okay so what about the times you met and there was no sickness? Why do you not count these? Have they happened more than twice? If so then why would yo focus on the minority?

Another possibility, do you subconsciously want to end the relationship? Because to me it seems as if you are clutching at straws to justify a way out perhaps? Just a theory...
edit on 22-11-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It sounds like severe anxiety.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I ask this because twice, my girlfriend has been so sick she's out of commission for a few days with nausea, vomiting and blinding headaches, happened the first time we were together which was mid October (we were together a few days, got sick the second day), and yesterday she got sick with the symptoms again.
We've been together a few other times, but she didn't get sick.
Is this possible, to literally make someone sick?
As far as my health goes, I feel perfectly fine

Maybe she just does not like being around you and it trying to get away using the nice method of claiming sickness. Follow the path of least resistance and it might lead you to this conclusion. And if this is true don't worry about it you can always find another girlfriend.

edit on 22-11-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Yeah, I think it's called marriage. Attempt at joke. Also think you should maybe consider slowing down in your relationship, I read an earlier post of your where you said you were in love, in this thread you say you guys met in October, too me that seems really fast, especially if your making her sick by your presence which probably isn't the case. Anyways, don't fall too hard, women can wrap you around their finger. Good luck.
edit on 22-11-2012 by Putyournamehere because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2012 by Putyournamehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Yes. My Ex wife can.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Can a person make another person physically sick just by being in their presence?
The mind is an extremely powerful tool, which is capable of causing many various types of reactions.

Originally posted by TFCJay

I am the one who gets sick if I even think of either of my coke-head, booze-hound brothers.

Do you have halitosis, perhaps?
Yet, I bet that typing this↑comment did not bother you at all.......

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Dont know about an individual person making another person physically sick but i do know the US military have a Non-Lethal strobe weapon that can induce severe nausea and sickness. It utilises something called the Bucha effect.
edit on 22-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
There's some people who wear cologne that just plugs me up.

Other people give me the creeps, because while everyone seems to like them, I get the impression they're mad, or sociopathic, or off in some possibly personally threatening way. Not often, but it does happen. Sometimes you just can't get away from them, either, due to circumstance, so I end up being worried and anxious every time I'm around them. But since everyone else likes them, I have to pretend to as well, which I am not good at. So it ends up causing me a fair amount of stress. That's life, I suppose.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Interesting. I rarely see anyone on the net that's familiar with that one.

It definitely works, but it doesn't work indefinitely.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I get sick whenever I see terrible pop stars that represent the youth today.
I personally do not think you can physically get sick by looking at someone. Unless they look terrible.
Maybe take of that mask good sir!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Oh boy.. relax
Keep in mind flu doesn´t happen instantly, it takes 3 to 4 days to develop. Rash is different issue then she is allergic to something you have or wear.

edit on 22-11-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean I have a neighbor who comes over and I immediately get a headache, nauseousness, and feel drained of energy. The bad part is he lives right across the street so hard to avoid. But he is always negative, probably doesn't help.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join