It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Wild Day - Cougar caught on film in Banff

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I see that coyote pacing, mumbling and mutter to himself.. "For the love of God man! How long does it take you to eat? Come on already! I'm starving here!"

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AlbinoMonkey

I hear your sensitivity and I will not mock it. I believe you are looking at the whole picture with a very narrow perspective. A human perspective that is comfortable with eating and consuming other animals but abhors the prospect of being eaten by other animals. I admire the cougar for their courage and tenacity. They show their kittens love and protection just like you and I show to our children. You may go to a job and work all day to put food on the table. This cougar is simply doing its job. If you took cougars out of the environment there would be a huge impact on the biosphere. The forest would not be the same. There would be a larger population of deer and elk that would increase the potential for a devastating disease to spread. The food chain is complex and the loss of a creature can have far reaching consequences that are often unseen.
I would suggest you try to look at it more like the Native Americans who see the interconnectedness of all life. There perspective is to treat all life with respect and to be thankful for what other creatures provide to us.

edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: Too many the

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Because we don't own this planet. We just share it.

I like your attitude...I never stop being amazed at this universe and all that's in it.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HooHaa
I see that coyote pacing, mumbling and mutter to himself.. "For the love of God man! How long does it take you to eat? Come on already! I'm starving here!"

Ya, I saw Wile E. back there a few times, waiting patiently for his turn.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AlbinoMonkey

Keep in mind that most people put themselves in that situation. Mountan lions have a role in the wilderness and belong there. There are places where people could go where there aren't any cougars. Just like if you don't want to get eaten by a shark, it's not that hard to stay out of the ocean.

However if you do go into an environment where large predators are, be smart about it. Be aware of your surroundings, and perhaps arm yourself in some manner if you think the threat is serious enough.

In other words, don't blame the cougar for somebody's lack of common sense.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by avocadoshag

Great video my friend. Thank you for posting it for all of us to enjoy. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkey
Aww how cute!

Now just imagine it eating a ski/snowboarder...
music isn't so cute now is it?

I've always been confused to why people have so much love for animals that will kill/eat you alive with their faces.

Nope, still seems very cute to me frankly; is there an actual link or do I just have to imagine people who should stay out of the domains of these animals getting what they deserve?

I'll take one cougar over 500 skiers or snowboarders every single time, thanks all the same. There is one animal that will rip your face for no reason at all; it ski's, it snowboards, it drives cars and kills other species for daring to exist....
edit on 24-11-2012 by HTapoicos because: typo

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Some animals are already vegitarians. The Elk in this film for one. Deer , cows , horses, all hooved animals. I laughed at the kill you with their faces comment too. I know a few people who have that skill.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

And still I say take the mosquito out of the chain. Birds can eat other bugs. Ones that dont eat us back. Tiny vampires is all they are.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKeyMaster
Imagine if the cougar was eating Hitler or Saddam Hussein or some other sleaze ball. Eating people doesn't have to be a bad thing...

Tastes just like chicken I hear.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by VikingWarlord

Cougar Thanskgiving. What you dont see is the TV where he is watching the game when he's not on camera.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join