It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria - Update and Information thread

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

The reason other Arab states are supporting US/NATO/Israel is to keep the Muslim terrorists from turning them into an "Islamic State" too. They know that the terrorists are the ones fomenting chaos and instability in the region more than the U.S. or NATO ever could. Pick the lesser of two evils.

No...This makes no sense whatsoever. They are the ones supplying the money and weapons to these terrorists in order for them to do what they're doing!

I understand that it is very complex and the Arabs have been double-crossing each other for a long time, and things are never what they seem, but that statement just does not make sense, if I'm understanding you correctly.
edit on 26-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: correction

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Here is a video about what the average Syrians are feeling/thinking. (Of course we have to rely on the translations provided, assume they are correct; but there are some english speakers.)

Here are a few of the comments on the video:

The Christians of Syria shame on you for supporting the criminal Ass=ad against hi own people just because of an irrational hatred of Muslims whom you live side by side with.
Baybairs3000 2 weeks ago

The Christians of Syria have lived for 1400 years with Muslims, they or ANY OTHER MINORITY do not support the killing of Muslims. The killing of Muslims is done by your Wahhabi buddies. All these minorities (including secular Sunnis) won't live with al-Qaeda, and that's what your FSA is, a bunch of Wahhabis, Salafi Jihadists hellbent on creating an Islamic State. if you don't believe me, go watch my videos. Good luck, and I hope u open ur eyes before ur primitive buddies behead u & ur family
Eretz Zen in reply to Baybairs3000 2 weeks ago 11

Propaganda by both sides on utube. Who is telling the truth?
misipi39 2 weeks ago

this is not propaganda. Most Syrians do not support an Islamist insurgency who's basically al-Qaeda.. your western media has been camouflaging the ugly truth.
Eretz Zen in reply to misipi39 2 weeks ago

Maybe misipi39.. the Syrians should be allowed to to give their opinions about whats best for them..and not have Mrs Clinton..telling Syrians "whats good for them". Imagine if all you were told in the west was a lie? Best way to know the reality is ask Syrians in a monitored elections by UN and international community. something that Assad agreed. but US do not want.. knowing they have little chance to get a puppet leader if fair elections are done in SYria.
Vann7 in reply to misipi39 (Show the comment) 2 weeks ago

Was not aware assad had agreed to elections.
misipi39 in reply to Vann7 2 weeks ago

Of course you will not. Western mainstream media and NATO leaders have been hiding all the facts of Assad and Syria.They have other agendas.Since the uprising began in very first weeks before anyone died he agreed with democratic reforms.So much for dictator holding into power? But naturally Mercenaries/islamic extremist many not even Syrians,will not stop fighting if they are paid for it and supplied weapons. Interview with Assad youtube search.[Syria's Assad vs CFR Globalist Barbara Walters]
Vann7 in reply to misipi39 2 weeks ago

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
I will give updates when needed. But I am not going to contribute to a conversation in a thread labeled "update and information" when all it is here for is to spew opinions about a people no one has any proof of. I don't care what your opinions are. I am here to get updates and facts. If you want to make implications and accusations then make a thread for that. People shouldn't have to sit here and read to the garbage you guys are typing.

Garbage? You don't make it very easy because most of the information being presented is from what most people would call a reliable source.. The problem I have with your stance on the subject is the fact you have not presented anything apart from a wikipedia link which I wouldn't call reliable at all.

Why don't you give us something to prove that your beliefs may be absolutely correct? Show us why Assad is a big bad boogeyman but with proof of your own? Really, before you go trashing what people are doing here, why don't you verify your beliefs first with facts?

As I said before...if you would like I can post every single source on that Wikipedia article for you...since apparently looking at them yourself require too much effort.

I have provided more than enough links and information. If you choose to not accept such information then that's not anyone's problem but your own. Your decision is made and I am not going to waste my time trying to change anyone's mind.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Really you need to stop baiting me. I don't know who that person is and I never claimed to know who he was. I posted a link with the information. I didn't comment. I also don't pretend to know who these people are and I certainly don't pretend to know more than someone who is actually on the ground there. If you have a problem on how they presented their story, complain to them.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Again, I do appreciate your contribution to this thread Dragon.

That said, you also seem to be refusing to look at evidence presented, which shows that the FSA have become extremists who are committing violence against the Syrian people, whom they are purporting to be liberating, and therefore they do fit the definition of terrorists.

That may not have been what was happening in the beginning, but it is happening now.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
Again, I do appreciate your contribution to this thread Dragon.

That said, you also seem to be refusing to look at evidence presented, which shows that the FSA have become extremists who are committing violence against the Syrian people, whom they are purporting to be liberating, and therefore they do fit the definition of terrorists.

That may not have been what was happening in the beginning, but it is happening now.

It's a two way street. You can't blame everything on the FSA or rebels. Both sides are equally as guilty as the other. I never said I disagree with anything you guys presented. I simply pointed out that you want to call every one of those people terrorists when you don't sit here and disavow what the Syrian regime is doing. If that's how you want to decide what a "terrorist" is, then you have no clue what terrorism actually is.

This is a civil war in Syria. People, both FSA, civilian and military are going to die and they will die by atrocities committed on both sides. That happens in war...and they will fight it by whatever means they see necessary. You may not agree with those means, but that doesn't make them a terrorist.
edit on 26-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I thought this is quite interesting:

Anonymous ‏@YourAnonNews
We will release a stash of Syrian Government emails in the next 24h, featuring Kofi Annan correspondence, cash & weapon deliveries. #OpSyria

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
That is interesting, we'll see what they contain...last time emails were leaked, it was his wife's shopping lists or something...

twitter:

28m Syrian Truth @ Syrian_Truth
#Syria #News #freedom #Revolution Syrian Truth l Press TV l France gives $1.5mn to Syria insurgents Nov... fb.me...

and from the fb post:

Syrian Truth l Press TV l France gives $1.5mn to Syria insurgents
Nov 26,2012
French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius says the country has allocated 1.2 million euros (1.5 million dollars) in emergency aid to the newly-formed Syrian opposition, known as the National Coalition.

I believe they were the first country to come out in support of the newest incarnation of the Syrian National Council, even though militant groups of the FSA refuse to recognize it as legitimate. (It has been posted about in the previous pages.)

article here:

www.presstv.ir...

It should be noted that Syria was under French Colonial rule from about 1920-1946, so I wonder what some of the Syrian's think of this, of France in particular's role in all this...

French troops occupied Syria later that year after the league of Nations put Syrian under the French mandate. With the fall of France in 1940, Syria came under the control of the Vichy Government until the British and Free French occupied the country in July 1941. Continuing pressure from Syrian nationalist groups forced the French to evacuate their troops in April 1946, leaving the country in the hands of a republican government that had been formed during the mandate.

www.salamieh.com...

edit on 26-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: correction

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Anonymous is claiming to be releasing Syrian government emails in the next 24 hours. They claim Kofi Annan has correspondence in the emails along with other information on weapons and cash transfers:

Par:AnoIA ‏@Par_AnoIA We will release a stash of Syrian Government emails in the next 24h, featuring Kofi Annan correspondence, cash & weapon deliveries. #OpSyria

From here and here. The YourAnonNews account is considered, at least on twitter, to be the mouthpiece for Anonymous's doings these days. If you have twitter I recommend following both accounts and the hashtag.
edit on 26-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: typo

edit on 26-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Syrian rebels destroy Assad’s radar station facing Israel

-> www.debka.com...

no idea how accurate this is, since I can only find it on a few websites and no MSM ones, but still, if it's true, it's interesting.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
twitter:

Truth Seeker
@ truthseeker0511
@YourAnonNews You MUST
ALSO RELEASE data about
countries (Qatar, Saudi Arabia,
USA, NATO) funding the
terrorists that are destroying
#Syria

Truth Seeker
@ truthseeker0511 53m
@YourAnonNews Can you also
release data/emails relating to
#USA and #NATO funding of
Islamofascist miltias such as
the #FSA ?

Μικρός Στρατιώτης
@ unepommeparjour 45m
@YourAnonNews When are
youe releasing Israel gov. e-
mails? Qatar, Saudi + Turkey
gov e-mails with cash +
weapon deliveries to FSA?
Never eh?

Yes, please...Let's see everyones dirty secrets.
edit on 26-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comments

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
twitter:

AJELive
@ AJELive 2m
Injured taken to Turkey after
#Syria border air strikes
aje.me/Qm3vOD

blogs.aljazeera.com...

off-topic, but- Weird, I just mentioned this:

Top The News
@ TopTheNews 4m
Just found this: September
7th, 2001, Raytheon and
Haliburton were awarded a
$5B "indefinite" contract for
"WMD" work defense.gov/
contracts/cont…

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
"They also
shelled the camp full of refugees,"
said Mahmoud Ahmad of the
Free Syrian Army."

I think this might be what a comment posted earlier was referring to; that there was a later tv broadcast from the camp and it had not been damaged.

Will look for more info on this.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Par:AnoIA ‏@Par_AnoIA
Syria Teaser: par-anoia.net... - Arms delivery over Ukraine in an AN-124

Cannot post link to PDF so go to the tweet directly to download from link.

The email alleges that Iran is using civilian aircraft to transport arms and other material to Syria and Gaza, and it essentially asks for a flyover and continued relations in allowing them to use their airspace?

Since 2008 Iran is the main transit point for Palestine armament. Ukraine 2008 arms trade operations sanctioned by The Minister of Defense Anatoly Gritsenko and conducted over Ruslan SALIS GMBH cargoes has become difficult to control.

The large volume of 1.2D projectiles of Ukraine origin found in Egypt and Syria en route to GAZA delivered by Ukrainian An 124-100 aircrafts, officially transporting EC725 Helicopters cleared at ULDUS Entry Point.

edit on 26-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
A good article about the different forces/factions in play in the area:

moderntokyotimes.com...

The same patterns which
emerged in Iraq are now happening in
Syria. However, this time Turkey,
America, France and the United
Kingdom are on the same side of
Islamist sponsored ratlines which are
based in Saudi Arabia, Qatar and
throughout the Gulf.
It is incumbent that Syria and Iraq
share greater intelligence work and
collectively try to form a bulwark
against sectarianism and terrorism.
Also, it is essential that the Russian
Federation and Iran step up and help
both nations against international
terrorism – and the “failed state
domino system” which often follows
the meddling of outside nations. If
these nations don’t work together
then one by one they will all succumb
to the same forces which will sponsor
and support meddling internally. [/ex ]

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It also illustrates the ludicrousness of it all.

The U.S. going around peddling democracy, in league with people/groups they themselves have declared terrorists, who have none themselves, is an audacious ploy to have the citizens of these countries assist in their own destablization, which has worked, more than once! Then they play the 'good guy' and call for 'regime change' as people cheer them on.

It's absurd, yet evilly brilliant. And they keep getting away with it...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
It also illustrates the ludicrousness of it all.

The U.S. going around peddling democracy, in league with people/groups they themselves have declared terrorists, who have none themselves, is an audacious ploy to have the citizens of these countries assist in their own destablization, which has worked, more than once! Then they play the 'good guy' and call for 'regime change' as people cheer them on.

It's absurd, yet evilly brilliant. And they keep getting away with it...

Didn't the US do the same thing in Afghanistan before bombing the hell out of it? That didn't work out so well in either case has it.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Another article with info about who is who and what is happening:

www.landdestroyer.blogspot.com...

When violence flared up in 2011, it
was clear to many geopolitical
analysts that it was the result of Al
Qaeda, not "pro-democracy
protesters." The US government, its
allies, and a complicit Western press,
willfully lied to the public,
misrepresented its case to the
United Nations and intervened in
Libya on behalf of international
terrorists, overthrowing a sovereign
government, and granting an entire
nation as a base of operations for
the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group
(LIFG).
A similar scenario is now playing out
in Syria, where the West, despite
acknowledging the existence of Al
Qaeda in Benghazi, Libya, is using
these militants, and the exact same
networks used to send fighters to
Iraq, to flood into and overrun Syria.
This, after these very same Libyan
militants were implicated in an
attack that left a US ambassador
dead on September 11, 2012.

The article states that according to their own reports, they knew about these groups in 2007, yet they still align themselves with them and publicly feign surprise at the results, which cannot possibly have been unanticipated.
edit on 26-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: *sorry, posted with a tablet, why it looks weird.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
@Dragon: "Didn't the US do the same thing in Afghanistan before bombing the hell out of it? That didn't work out so well in either case has it."

What has worked is people, some people, still believe that they are actually sponsoring/represent democracy and freedom.

And it has worked to keep the war machine in business.

So, considering that it's not their kids who are dying, not their money paying for it, they're making money, not to mention the opium trade, and there's no end in sight - yes, I think they do consider it a success.
edit on 26-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I mean, I used to think that they just foolishly blundered into these things..."The enemy of my enemy is my friend", and got some unintended consequences, aka blowback...But, they continue to use the same play-book with the same players, so how could this possibly be unanticipated and accidental at this late date? No - they must be doing this deliberately.

Another excerpt from the article (I forgot to put the title of it in the above post):

"Al Qaeda "Virtue Police" Show up Along NATO Protected Turkish-Syrian Border"
www.landdestroyer.blogspot.ca...

LIFG terrorists are veritably flooding into Syria from Libya. In November 2011, the Telegraph in their article, " Leading Libyan Islamist met Free Syrian Army opposition group" would report:

Abdulhakim Belhadj, head of the Tripoli Military Council and the former leader of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, "met with Free Syrian Army leaders in Istanbul and on the border with Turkey," said a military official working with Mr Belhadj. "Mustafa Abdul Jalil (the interim Libyan president) sent him there."
Another Telegraph article, "Libya’s new rulers offer weapons to Syrian rebels," would admit
Syrian rebels held secret talks with Libya's new authorities on Friday, aiming to secure weapons and money for their insurgency against President Bashar al-Assad's regime, The Daily Telegraph has learned.

At the meeting, which was held in Istanbul and included Turkish officials, the Syrians requested "assistance" from the Libyan representatives and were offered arms, and potentially volunteers.
"There is something being planned to send weapons and even Libyan fighters to Syria," said a Libyan source, speaking on condition of anonymity. "There is a military intervention on the way. Within a few weeks you will see."
Later that month, some 600 Libyan terrorists would be reported to have entered Syria to begin combat operations and have been flooding into the country ever since.

I mean, come on...They are still continuing the charade that they are 'freedom fighters'! Are you starting to see why so few here buy it? The U.S. themselves have classified these groups as terrorists!

I suppose they didn't expect the Ambassador Stevens/Benghazi incident to blow up so spectacularly and publicly and raise a lot of uncomfortable questions...Yet, most of the public is still looking at/talking about the wrong things! It's really incredible...
edit on 26-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add link

edit on 26-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join