It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria - Update and Information thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This is kind of becoming a debate thread !

However, I guess with all the opinions of who does what, it's easy to see
why the situation is so confusing. So , in that regard, I guess its' a good thing.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by schmae

The Hypocrisy of the Mainstream news outlet yet again.

Syrian Rebels Tighten the nosse on Assad

Where i have this before? oh thats right back in July to, dont forget ATS the FSA terrorists dont hold any cities, nor towns other then the small parts at the border with Turkey.

And you see that image? does he look like a Syrian? with the long beard? i dont think so.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Wow...big time deja vu...

Here is another headline on that same page:

"Prospect of Syria no-fly zone echoes action in Libya" 15 Nov 2012
www.telegraph.co.uk...

"Hailed as a success following the toppling of Colonel Gaddafi, it saw the RAF fly hundreds of sorties against targets in the North African country. ...

The allied mission gave relief to rebels who had risen up against the dictator after they became pinned down in their stronghold of Benghazi, and eventually helped bring about their ultimate triumph." ...

"Raids smashed the dictator’s air force before the conflict appeared to head towards stalemate, with ill-trained rebels struggling to fight their way west towards Tripoli." ...

"But with Nato destroying thousands of targets, they eventually took the capital in August, sending Gaddafi into hiding."

And from the "The Snake Behind the Arab Spring" article, which I've read more about elsewhere, I'll try to find it and post it (the outsiders making the 'rebels' appear stronger/more adept than they actually were):
mwcnews.net...

"Under American pressure Arab League urged UN to impose a no-fly zone over Libya, and Qatar offered to cover all expenses of NATO forces to bomb alleged Gaddafi’s forces. Libyan rebels were civilians without any military training and were no match for Gaddafi’s well-trained and well-equipped army. It was revealed by Walter Fauntroy, member of US House of Representatives, that while in a self-sanctioned peace mission to Libya, he witnessed French and Danish troops coordinating NATO bombings and raiding Libyan villages, and giving the credit to Libyan rebels. At the end Gaddafi was ordered murdered rather than captured for fear of exposing all his shady dealings with the West."

It's quite despicable and unconscionable...These are some of the 'big lies' of our time and many people don't even know it...They think they're rooting for the 'little guy', and the little guy is now sitting in the shambles of what used to be an increasingly modern, mostly well-run and stable, prosperous society, with health care, education, state of the art schools and hospitals, good jobs, plenty of food, etc (how many didn't/don't know that?! Especially before the whole country's were being brought to their knees by the 'sanctions' )...While the 'saviors' carve it up piece by piece amongst themselves, (they're all ready openly talking about awarding themselves contracts to re-build what they're in the process of destroying) and the people are left begging for scraps, caught between the packs of salivating hyena's, wondering wft happened...And we sit over here and celebrate the 'little guys' victory...Un#ingreal...

edit on 25-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: correction

edit on 25-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comments

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

I think they were apalled at what happened with/to Libya and Gaddafi, and that they had gone along with it.

Despite what the self appointed mods have decreed, that is precisely why China and Russia vetoed the UN resolutions on Syria. The Humanitarian Corridor in Libya turned in to intervention and regime change, which was not what they had signed up for. You could say they weren't going to get fooled again.

So here we are. Without a BS mandate to go into Syria. Thats why things are the way they are in Syria today. Now the west, UK, France and Turkey are on about recognizing a "Coalition Governrment" outside Syria in order to again justify establishing a "No Fly Zone" and "Humanitarian Corridor".

Anything to violate Syria's National Sovereignty. They will go eventually, just waiting on the "right" excuse.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters
Air raid kills 10 children near Damascus: activists reut.rs... twitter.com...

A Syrian government air strike on a rebel-held village near Damascus killed 10 children on Sunday as they played outdoors, opposition activists said, and video footage showed residents collecting young bodies torn by shrapnel.

The children went out after a lull in fighting in Deir al-Asafir, a village 12 km (8 miles) east of Damascus, when fighter jets struck, activists and residents said.

Video footage taken by activists showed the bodies of two young girls, one wearing purple, the other red, on the street in the village, with wounds to their neck and head. A sobbing woman picked up one of the girls up and hugged her lifeless body. Another two dead boys, hit in the head and face, were shown on the backseat of a car. Men picked up the bodies of two other children while a larger body lay next to the front wheel of a vehicle.

edit on 25-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Thanks for continuing the updates Dragon.

I won't have time until later to get back here.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
I will give updates when needed. But I am not going to contribute to a conversation in a thread labeled "update and information" when all it is here for is to spew opinions about a people no one has any proof of. I don't care what your opinions are. I am here to get updates and facts. If you want to make implications and accusations then make a thread for that. People shouldn't have to sit here and read to the garbage you guys are typing.

Garbage? You don't make it very easy because most of the information being presented is from what most people would call a reliable source.. The problem I have with your stance on the subject is the fact you have not presented anything apart from a wikipedia link which I wouldn't call reliable at all.

Why don't you give us something to prove that your beliefs may be absolutely correct? Show us why Assad is a big bad boogeyman but with proof of your own? Really, before you go trashing what people are doing here, why don't you verify your beliefs first with facts?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews
Syrian jets bomb Free Syrian Army headquarters close to the border with Turkey, opposition activists say - @Reuters

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Abu Kassem said the munitions dropped by the fighter jets were cluster bombs. Other footage showed a row of what appeared to be unexploded small bombs.

Who is this person and how would he know what bombs were being dropped?

Syrian authorities made no comment on the report, but official media have said the army has been on the offensive to "cleanse" the area of what the government calles as terrorists.

See these are the little pieces I pick out of articles like the one you have brought to the thread.. Again, it is suspected that the FSA are in the area and that is the reason why the bombings are killing innocents.

ATS thread on the same situation in Syria

Others are suggesting that the incident may not be caused by a bombing at all after viewing the video.
edit on 26-11-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Very interesting video about what is actually happening in Syria..Also with that, I will warn that it is very graphic..

If you think the Syrian army are killing innocent Syrians, think again.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerschmetterling

Near the Turkey border, that is not good, as Turkey is a NATO partner and very much a player in all this...If the fighting were to get too close, or cross the border, they could call on NATO for action.

Thanks for the update.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
"Most of the people of the FSA are defected Syrian soldiers or everyday citizens who decided to join a rebellion."

This might have been true in the beginning, and I'm not sure it is, but it is not true now. I just saw an article, which I lost and am trying to find, where one of the leaders of the FSA says this himself, and that they are having difficulties controlling the outsiders.

Very true. Here's an example...

The developments came as a new video emerged purporting to show opposition fighters from at least 14 "battalions" announcing their rejection of the Syrian National Coalition.

A fighter can be seen reading out a statement indicating that the groups, which include the powerful Liwaa al-Tawhid and the Jubhat a-Nusra, support an Islamic state in Syria.

"We, the groups in the city of Aleppo and its suburbs, completely reject the conspiratory project which was named the National Coalition," the fighter says.

The video was posted on the web on Monday.

"We agreed on establishing an Islamic state in Syria and rejecting foreign projects, including coalitions and councils imposed on us inside [the country]," the fighter says.

www.aljazeera.com...

I have a hard time believing that the average Syrian wants to create an "Islamic State" to replace Assad's regime, but I could be wrong.

Then you have the leaders of these so called groups countering what others are saying inside the group...

A spokesperson for Liwaa al-Tawhid told Al Jazeera that the video, despite being published on the group's Facebook page, was not representative of the leadership's position. "This video was done by members of the group without referring back to the leadership. The leadership will issue a statement soon," he said.

Either all of these groups are so divided that they can't keep their missions straight or these groups are lying about what they are trying to accomplish in the first place.

Personally, I think there's some serious lying going on regarding the true intentions of what these groups hope to accomplish out of this "civil war".

What a cluster!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Thanks for all the contributions so far to this thread.

"I have a hard time believing that the average Syrian wants to create an "Islamic State" to replace Assad's regime, but I could be wrong. "

No, that is absolutely correct. The original revolutionaries/protesters were fighting for freedom from an oppressive regime, they were 'fighting'/calling for reform. Becoming an Islamic State would be the antithesis of that. They were fighting for more freedom, not less.

(Syria is one of the, maybe now the last secular [definition: A secular state is one that does not allow religion and/or religious considerations to exert any control or influence over the government] country/govt in the middle east.)

edit on 26-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Here is an interesting thing I came across in the comments on 'Pennyforyourthoughts' blog, [pennyforyourthoughts2.blogspot.ca...], which took me to a fb page 'Syria 24 English'. [www.facebook.com...]

Syria 24 English

PLEASE SHARE ! ..

THE TRUTH ABOUT THE AIRPORT IN MARJ SULTAN ..

Following viewing the video released from the Brotherhood Terrorists and broadcast by Al Jazeera, showing they have control over Military Hovercraft at the Airport in Marj Al-Sultan, we immediately communicated with our informed sources that confirmed to us, that the "Airport" in the Terrorists Video, is in fact an air strip which is out of service and used for Emergency Landings mainly ..

To prove this information:

1st - You will notice there are 2 Helicopters in their video that are missing the very important "Blades" ,, this would be the most damning evidence that confirms they are in fact "Out of Service" as our source stated ..

2nd: - Military Airports have strict Guidelines that require the distance between the Craft to be a minimum of 150m for safety during take-off and landing, and also to avoid esposure to air strikes, so they would not have them lined up next to each other as seen in the video ..

A FAKE REVOLUTION, CAN ONLY EVER HAVE FAKE MILITARY TAKEOVERS, THEY KNOW THIS AS THEIR ATTEMPTS KEEP FAILING, HENCE WHY THEY MAKE FAKE VIDEOS, TO HAVE FAKE "VICTORIES" ... - M.D

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Again, this is something we saw in Libya. It was/is done to give the appearance of the 'success' of the 'rebels', in order to give the impression that 'they are this close, if we're going to help them, they need our help now!'.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I think fake "victories" are a pretty good indicator of who the Muslim terrorists are. Just as Hamas and Iran declared "victory" over Israel in the recent struggle with Gaza, yet has anyone explained exactly what it was that they thought they were victorious over? Victorious for having lost more people than Israel?

The good thing about the situation in Syria is that it's helping to spread more light on the truth behind the Israeli/Palestinian conflict and who all might be involved and why. Plus, it's helping to spread some light on the whole "political Islam" agenda/movement that the terrorists thought they were keeping hidden in the name of democracy.

edit on 26-11-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

I think fake "victories" are a pretty good indicator of who the Muslim terrorists are. Just as Hamas and Iran declared "victory" over Israel in the recent struggle with Gaza, yet has anyone explained exactly what it was that they thought they were victorious over? Victorious for having lost more people than Israel?

The good thing about the situation in Syria is that it's helping to spread more light on the truth behind the Israeli/Palestinian conflict and who all might be involved and why. Plus, it's helping to spread some light on the whole "political Islam" agenda/movement that the terrorists thought they were keeping hidden in the name of democracy.

edit on 26-11-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

This is really ironic, because Syria has long been a big supporter of Palestinian rights, and Israel is in this up to its eyeballs. They are currently occupying a portion of Syria, the Golan Heights, and are one Syria's biggest enemies. For all the pontificating by the Arab states, it is, as far as I know, Syria and Iran, and maybe only Iran, that actually feed the Palestinian people, as opposed to just providing weapons to Hamas.

Hamas, and by extension, the Palestinian people felt victorious because it had been the most resistance they had ever managed to date.

The US/NATO/Israel are encouraging/fomenting chaos and instability in the region and are being supported by other Arab states they are usually enemies of because, I can only assume, they are looking forward to carving Syria up amongst themselves, or at least controlling it. As I mentioned in a post above, they are openly arming and supporting the 'rebels' and they have openly talked about awarding themselves the contracts to rebuild what they are in the process of destroying. Iraq and Halliburton ring a bell?
edit on 26-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
A couple of things from the Syria 24 English fb page:

Syria 24 English
8 hours ago
#Russia #RealSyria - Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said " France's support to the so-called Syrian coalition violates the international law as no country has the right to work for the forced change of the political regime of any other country.

In an interview with French media posted by the Russian Government's official website on Monday, Medvedev reiterated his country's support to solve the crisis in Syria peacefully and through dialogue.

The Russian Premier said " a desire to change the political regime of another state by recognizing any political force as the sole carrier of sovereignty seems to me to be not completely civilized,"

"It is preferable if the Syrian opposition came to power legally and not because of deliveries of arms from other countries," he added.

Medvedev pointed out that Russia doesn't want to fragment Syria at all or the existence of another tension area in the Middle East as it would be exploited by extremists, this doesn't serve the interest of any country neither Syria nor France or Russia.

The Russian Premier reiterated that the military cooperation with Syria cope with the international laws.

"The military cooperation with Syria did not start today and always had a legal and open character... All we have delivered are arms for defense against external aggression," Medvedev said.

Medvedev slammed the call for lifting the ban imposed on providing the opposition in Syria with weapons, reminding that, according to the principles of the international law endorsed by the UN in 1970, no state can take measures aimed at the forced change of a government in another state ."

The Russian Prime Minister reiterated that the only solution to the crisis in Syria is dialogue and holding elections as the Syrians are the only ones who have the right to determine the fate of their country.

Medvedev is scheduled to visit Paris on Monday.

SANA

And:

The report that Terrorists in Syria seized Palestinian Camp in #Damascus is false.

kremltv

M.D
The report that Terrorists in Syria seized Palestinian Camp in Damascus is false. Confirmed Bull# - kremltv broadcasted from it just recently.

Will look into this for more info...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The US/NATO/Israel are encouraging/fomenting chaos and instability in the region and are being supported by other Arab states they are usually enemies of because, I can only assume, they are looking forward to carving Syria up amongst themselves, or at least controlling it.

The reason other Arab states are supporting US/NATO/Israel is to keep the Muslim terrorists from turning them into an "Islamic State" too. They know that the terrorists are the ones fomenting chaos and instability in the region more than the U.S. or NATO ever could. Pick the lesser of two evils.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Foreign interventionists spreading oil democracies all around the M.E.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join