It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria - Update and Information thread

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Don't know if any of yous have come across this information but I drop it in here anyway.. Credit to xthena for finding the news

Christian deaths in Syria

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Thats what they said about Homs and Aleppo during the summer, but in reality the majority of the people there support Assad and not the armed groups.

Speaking of Aleppo...

The armed groups located in Aleppo gathered to denounce the creation of the National Coalition and to claim the establishment of an Islamic Caliphate.

In the video below, the spokesman lists the names of the main armed groups participating in the meeting: Gabhat al Nousra (Al-Nusra Front), Ahrar Al Sham Kataeb (Free Land of Ham Phalangists) Liwaa al tawhiid (Unification Phalangists), Ahrar souria (Free Men of Syria) Halab al shahba al islami phalanx, Haraket al fagr al islamiia (Dawn of the Islamic Movement), Dra al ummah (Nation’s Armor) Anadan phalanx, Al Islam phalanx, Liwa’a gaish mouhammad (Muhammaf Battalion) Liwa’a al nasr (Victorious Phalangists), Al baz phalanx, Al sultan Muhammad phalanx, Liwa’a dra al islam (Armor of Islam Phalangists), etc..

www.voltairenet.org...

This is the first time I've seen the names of the groups listed. Off to see where they all came from.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I can't find the origins of all of these militia groups, but so far I've found that some of them have been created by:

Syrians
Palestinians
Al Qaeda (Iraq)
Hamas (Iraq, Iran, Qatar)
Hezbollah (Lebanon)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

Hey I see when you link up threads etc, you get that crap on the end of your links

Heres a way I just learnt myself - you go - [ url = (add link here) ] Title of your choice [/url] .. Where I've added spaces, just take them out. You might already know but if you didn't

edit on 1-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

No, I didn't know that, thanks! lol

Sometimes it does that, sometimes it doesn't, I wasn't sure why, lol.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Update at Penny's blog:

BBC REPORTING: Damascus internet back
Internet services around Damascus have resumed after a two-day blackout.

CNN REPORTING: Internet and phone services restore for most of Syria

Internet and cell phone coverage were restored Saturday to most Syrian provinces.

pennyforyourthoughts2.blogspot.ca...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Enforcing a "No FLy Zone" over northern Syria from Turkey…

America has no trouble announcing its intentions and who's side it is on. Patriot Missiles will fly from inside Turkey and knock down Syrian jets flying inside Syria's borders.

Arizona Sen. John McCain has endorsed setting up Patriot missile batteries to enforce a no-fly zone in Syria, which the Republican believes will be critical to quell the violence that has raged in the war-torn country for more than 20 months.

Syrian jets are flying up there near Turkeys borders in order to interdict the flow of arms and insurgents from Turkey into Syria. Looks like the US is going to get a no fly zone over Syria after all. Shooting guided missiles across the border into Syrians airspace isn't a violation of international sovereignty is it? Like The CIA drone programs, they don't actually cross the borders, they just fly "overhead".

Imagine if the Mexican Government were to start downing US planes patrolling the border "over" US territory.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Here's a short article on John McCain's comments:

"American and French Warmongers openly Plot the Destruction of Syria -
Senator John McCain and French author Bernard-Henri Lévy Openly Conspire Against World Peace"

By Tony Cartalucci Global Research, December 01, 2012 Land Destroyer 29 November 2012

www.globalresearch.ca...

A recent event held by the Neo-Conservative Foreign Policy Initiative, featured a “conversation” with Senator John McCain and self-proclaimed “philosopher” Bernard-Henri Lévy. Both men played a pivotal role in arranging and promoting the arming, funding, and diplomatic recognition of terrorists in Libya who have now overrun much of the country, committed wide scale atrocities, and have left a US Ambassador dead and a US consulate burnt to the ground. Despite this, they now openly seek to repeat their “success” in Syria.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I just found a blog, linked to at willyloman.wordpress.com..., called Syria 360°, which has tons of info. Just looking through it now.

Here is a post called "The Uprising in Context", again with tons of info and links.

syria360.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Another article from Syria 360° on Syria and the French connection, particularly interesting in light of France recently being the first to publicly support the new Syrian opposition council:

"SYRIA: FRENCH COLONIZERS HAVE NOT ACCEPTED THE LOSS OF THEIR COLONY"

A photograph taken in 1941, when Syria was still under the rule of French colonisers, has recently been circulating on social networking sites. In the worn black and white photograph, French General Georges Catroux is walking next to an elderly man with cunning eyes, Nur-Eddin al-Khatib. More than 70 years has passed and the grandson of this Nur-Eddin – Mouaz al-Khatib, a former preacher at the Umayyad mosque in Damascus and now a deserter and traitor – has been elected head of the “Qatar Coalition” which was created on 11 November at a meeting in Doha.

photo caption: French General Georges Catroux is walking next to Nur-Eddin al-Khatib, the grandfather of Mouaz al-Khatib, the incumbent president of the National Coalition for Opposition Forces and the Syrian Revolution. Photo taken in 1941.

France has shown its gratitude to the third-generation collaborator al-Khatib, whose grandfather collaborated with the colonisers, for his faithful service. Namely the former colonial power has been the first to recognise the “Qatar Coalition” as a legitimate representative of the Syrian people. It is no surprise that the flag of the “opposition” – green, white and black with three stars – is the same as the flag from the time when Syria was under French mandate.

***Note, the above refers to the flag of the FSA. Quite an irony, no?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Here is the most recent speech, with english translation, given by Syria’s Permanent Representative to the UN, Bashar al-Jaafari.

"Speech of Syrian representative to the UN, 142 foreign fighters were killed in Syria, 30/11/2012"

And an article from Syria 360°, which links to a SANA article:

"AL JAAFARI: THE SYRIAN PEOPLE WANT A SYRIAN-LED DEMOCRACY, NOT ONE IMPOSED THROUGH VIOLENCE AND BLOODSHED" Posted on November 28, 2012

Syria’s Permanent Representative to the UN, Bashar al-Jaafari, stressed that the Syrian people want to build a Syrian-made democracy based on a Syrian experience that meets the Syrians’ needs and is led by them, but not a bloody, sectarian and salafi democracy that is imposed from abroad through armed violence.
Al-Jaafari was speaking during a session of the UN General Assembly’s Third Committee discussing a draft resolution on Syria in the framework of item 69 of the agenda titled ‘The Promotion and Protection of Human Rights’.
The Syrian Ambassador stressed that the draft resolution doesn’t lie in the framework of goodwill and has nothing to do with transparency of the care for human rights in Syria as it holds the Syrian government responsible for all what happened in Syria without addressing any condemnation to the armed terrorist groups and the countries manipulating them.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
A short article from the site "Inner City Press" I just found highlighting the irony (hypocrisy,absurdity) of France calling for a resolution against another country for arming 'rebels', while at the same time just having given 1.something million dollars to other 'rebels' (though that might not have happened yet when this article was written...) :

"Syria Tells UN of 146 Dead "Terrorists" from 19 Countries, Amid Gaza & DRC" Nov 21
www.innercitypress.com...

Meanwhile some point out that the French-requested resolution on the M23 rebels in the Democratic Republic of the Congo casts an ever stranger light on that country's and others approach to Syria.

If it is wrong for other countries in a region to fund or equip rebels in another -- as Rwanda and Uganda are alleged to have helped the M23 -- what of the assistance to Syrian rebels?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I mentioned earlier in the thread that I'd heard that natural gas plays a huge, yet all but unknown, part in the conflict. I just came across this article at counterpsyops which talks about this and Turkey's role, which has even greater significance as they are a NATO member:

"Struggle over the Middle East: Gas Ranks First"
counterpsyops.com...-9682

At the end of the article:

What we know about this issue is that the Mediterranean basin is the wealthiest in gas and that Syria would be the wealthiest state, according to the Washington Institute which also speculates that struggle between Turkey and Cyprus would heat due to Ankara’s inability to bear its losses of the Nabucco gas despite the contract Moscow signed with Ankara on December 2011 to transport part of the South Stream gas via Turkey.

Embracing the secret of the Syrian gas will let all know how big the game over gas is. Who controls Syria could control the Middle East, grip on the Gateway to Asia, possess the Key to Russia’s House, as Catherine 2nd put it, and could set foot on the Silk Road, according to China. Most importantly, they who could penetrate Syria for gas have the ability to dominate the world especially that the coming century is the Century of Gas. And with the contract Damascus signed to transport Iranian gas to the Mediterranean through Iraq, the geopolitical space would open and the gas space would close on the scene of Nabucco that used to be Europe and Turkey’s lifeline. Syria, undoubtedly, would be the key to the coming epoch.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
There is also news of a new NATO base in Turkey.

"Allied land command of NATO launched in İzmir"
www.hurriyetdailynews.com...

NATO has inaugurated a new base in the western province of İzmir as part of a new effort to update the alliance’s command structure. The new Allied Land Command will serve as a base for carrying out land operations when ordered by the alliance following the inspection, evaluation, preparation and standardization of NATO land forces.

I'll also link to this article, which is mostly the same, but has some good comments:

"NATO launches new military base in western Turkey" Dec 1, 2012

www.presstv.ir...

And the comment:

sbs
Dec 1, 2012 3:37 PM
I really don't understand how Turkey could be any leader of the Muslim world when it is basically an occupied country. Once this one is established there will be 25 littering Turkey from end to end. Turkey's naval fleet has only 8 ships & none are Turkish made. All are 15 years old or more used presents courtesy of the US. I learned this from a Turkish tour at a military museum I visited over there. The Global Research website published an article on February 14, 2011 naming all 24 of the NATO bases in Turkey. When Turkey was leaning more towards the East, had their "zero problems" with neighbors, & a visa free zone with Iraq, Syria, & Iran, the US probably came in & got Turkey in line. Now Turkey has "0 friends." Turkey's actions are despicable, but they are hardly evil geniuses. They're slaves to the West. Whoever gave them the idea that they will be a regional or world leader spoke a fairytale.

I did not know there was 24, now 25, NATO bases in Turkey! I'll see if I can track down that GR article.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
"New blasts rattle Syrian capital amid ongoing clashes" Dec 2, 2012

news.xinhuanet.com...

Multiple blasts rocked the Syrian capital of Damascus on Saturday, leaving a number of people killed or injured amid incessant military showdown across the conflict- torn country.

At least three people were killed and many others wounded when a booby-trapped car went off in the Damascus' district of Ush al- Warwar on Saturday evening, the state-run SANA news agency said.

Another explosive-laden vehicle exploded Saturday in the Damascus' district of Tadamun, killing six armed men who had been rigging it with explosives.

In the Palestinian camp of Yarmouk in Damascus, a car bomb went off near a popular marketplace but caused injuries with no fatal casualties, reports said.

Also in Yarmouk, two shell bombs struck two areas in the camp, killing one person and injuring two others.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been reported in the thread yet:

twitter:

RT ‏@RT_com
Grisly video allegedly shows rebels murder unarmed, terrified loyalists in #Syria on.rt.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
"Syrian opposition says they have
agreed upon the parameters a
transitional government"

blogs.aljazeera.com...

The Syrian National Coalition for
Opposition and Revolutionary Forces,
created earlier this month in Qatar to
bring together disparate opposition
groups under one umbrella, has
agreed upon the parameters of a
selective transitional government.
The group, meeting for the first time
in Cairo since their inception, said in a
news conference on Saturday that the
transitional government would be
tasked with dealing with the
international community on behalf of
the Syrian people.

Again, how insane this is. Just in the opening paragraphs - the proposed transitional govt, created in Qatar, based in Cairo, who will soon meet with the rebels side only to try to unify their support, are going to be seen by the International community to be representing all of Syria...

Of course this seems reasonable to the brainwashed audience who thinks all of Syria are behind the 'freedom fighting revolutionaries' known as the FSA.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Interesting developments.

Japan hosts anti Syrian Opposition meeting, and a Tunnel collapsed on the same day.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

I agree including this line.

He said some of the coalition's members will covertly enter Syria in the coming weeks to meet with leaders in areas under rebel control to discuss candidates for prime minister.

Already for Prime Minster?
so The western countries and the Muslim Brotherhood just basically will install an Muslim Brotherhood puppet if not an MB then an Pro France PM.

Its almost as if these whoever are running these wars can see through them, although i doubt that the FSA will win.

He said some of the coalition's members will covertly enter Syria in the coming weeks to meet with leaders in areas under rebel control

Yes i wonder if they would be surprised to see the changes to, or more rather Islamist changes.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Some of the suspected militias aren't even running with groups.. They have just joined the fight.

Syria 360

The UN Security Council has not yet officially recognized Syria as a country confronting international terrorism. Last month, Syria delivered a previous version of the list containing 108 names.

The new list contains the names of citizens from 19 countries accused of joining Syria’s rebels: Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Chad, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Tunisia, Turkey, Yemen and Chechnya. Since Chechnya is not a country, but a republic of the Russian Federation, the list likely contains names of Russian citizens.

Now lets breakdown the countries who have ties with the west.

Afghanistan, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Libya, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Turkey

Out of the 19 countries, the west have very good relations with over half of them. That isn't mentioning the possibility of Westerners who are on the ground in Syria. It has been alleged that British and French troops were on the ground at the beginning of the Revolution and with that, some were caught. It has also surfaced that a couple of Journalists were taken hostage in Syria and noticed the Fluent English language used by some of the Rebels.

I'll also add a couple of things you will certainly not see in the Western media. Protests directed at France and the United States have been staged in Syria.

Protests at Embassies in Syria

A protest on Thursday was staged outside the French Embassy in Damascus including hundreds of people who were carrying signboards calling on France not to interfere in Syria’s internal affairs and condemning the French role in igniting the international public opinion against Syria.

The report goes on to say that the Syrian people are pretty much calling for France to stop sponsoring terrorism within their country.

Meanwhile, another protest was staged outside the US Embassy in Damascus condemning the US policies.

A protester told SANA reporter that they are holding the protest to tell the US not to interfere in the internal affairs of Syria.

Again, more evidence that the Syrian people simply want the international community to butt out. All this crap we from our media is nothing but propaganda to promote more bloodshed with the Syrian peoples blood. Leave them to sort it out themselves and with that, they will sort our their government also. By the sounds of it, they don't want change.. It is a western Idea and nothing more.
edit on 2-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join