It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria - Update and Information thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'm starting this thread to compile information regarding Syria. It was suggested by several people on, and was inspired by, this thread:

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates www.abovetopsecret.com...
created by Nettlas.

Many feel, myself included, that this thread was extremely helpful and valuable in keeping a record going that people can check back with and update to without being derailed constantly by discussions and arguments over which side is right and wrong.

This is the opening post of that thread:

Originally posted by Nettlas
Ok, so I know that there allready is a couple of threads about the escalating conflict between Israel and palestine.
But those threads just keep branching out into fights about wich one is the better country and whatnot.

PLEASE JUST KEEP THIS THREAD TO UPDATES ON WHAT IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW. NEWS UPDATES, POST TIPS, ARTICLES, LIVESTREAMS.

KEEP US UPDATED!

AND IF YOU HAVE THE NEED TO ARGUE ABOUT SOMETHING, THEN POST IT ON THE OTHER THREADS. PLEASE.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Skyfloating because: removed the all-CAPS title.

I'd really like keep with that theme that here, though for sure in the beginning pages there will be a need for posts with information about what actually IS happening, as opposed to what the MSM and political/govt spin/line is, which I personally tend to believe are lies. (though I am open-minded and can admit when I'm wrong when faced with evidence. It is not my intention to cling to one conclusion. I like to get to the truth, not support my beliefs or persist in false beliefs.)

To start things off, I'll start with this video. It is a fairly short, under 7 min. It mainly raises the question, who benefits from this? The people/countries supporting the 'rebels' - what do they usually stand for and support, what are their usual aims and agendas, and what does this then mean in the context of what we're seeing/being told?

I like this video especially, because it is not telling us what to believe; he is asking questions about how can it possibly make sense, be for the Syrian people's benefit, for their freedom, when the countries supporting it don't care about those things in their own countries, or represent it by their actions in other areas etc.

As the member Senduko noted in response: "A good question holds more truth than an answer."

"...So what you're asking us to believe is that a revolution which is supported by McCain, by Lieberman, by Britain, France, America, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar is a revolution for the good, for truth? Is that what you're asking me to believe?"

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I was just going to suggest someone start a thread for this crisis. I also started a thread in relation to journalists in Syria, that I wrote back in February. I made that thread and this post because of the recent days events in Syria and in Homs.

BTW glad to see you from the Gaza thread

edit on 22-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

hmm and my question is that did Egypt or Tunis revolute by Gun !?
why there is so insistent to back internal war in Syria !!?
the conflict between Israel and Hammas led to ceasefire ! is the conflict in Syria more complicated !!!?
Why do those puppet Arab monarchies back ceasefire and political solutions in Palestine but they send weapons for the terrorists (Jihadists) in Syria !!!!?

edit on 22-11-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

Syria is more complicated. There are too many factions at work, all who have a different agenda when all Syrians want is freedom. They have lived mostly unaffected for enough years that I think their tensions have boiled to a point that goes beyond Tunisia or Egypt or any other country in a 'revolt' right now. This is a civil conflict/war...something most middle eastern nations haven't seen too much of in terms of all out war (at least in recent years)
edit on 22-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yes, and as has happened many times, the conflict draws the people together.

From my understanding of it, many people who did not previously support or like Assad are now, because they do not want a NATO solution.

As George Galloway says in the video in the OP:

"I am not with the Syrian regime. I am against their enemies, because their enemies are worse than them. I was not with Saddam Hussein, but I was against his enemies, because his enemies were worse than him."

Without a doubt Iraq and Libya are in NO way better off for the US/NATO having done what they did, no matter how bad things may have been prior to it.
edit on 22-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: correction

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I will keep this short. Just wanted to say I am glad that you are starting a thread in the same ´theme´as I did, and I hope that this is a revival to the ATS forum for keeping threads to subject and bringing folks together here on this site.

And also, I like to take this last line to say thanks to all your contribution on my thread. You are all great!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Here is another video "Manufacturing Dissent : "The truth about Syria". It was co-produced by an independent journalist Lizzie Phelan, who followed the conflict in Libya as well. Though it does, and she does, present from the conclusion that the 'rebels' are not what we're told, the video is more about the media's role.

"Manufacturing Dissent is a feature about the psychological-warfare by the media and political establishment of the west and their allies aimed at facilitating the US, European and Israeli agenda of getting rid of the current Syrian government. It demonstrates how the media has directly contributed to the bloodshed in Syria.

Manufacturing Dissent includes evidence of fake reports broadcasted/published by the likes of CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera and others and interviews with a cross section of the Syrian population including an actor, a craftsman, a journalist, a resident from Homs and an activist who have all been affected by the crisis."

Produced by journalists Lizzie Phelan and Mostafa Afzalzadeh.

Here is a link to her site where it's posted.
(I haven't read much of her stuff, there is A LOT there, and there are so many other things I'm trying to get to also!)

lizzie-phelan.blogspot.ca...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Cheers Dragonfire

Thanks Nettlas, ditto, and thank you!

And thank you in advance to everyone contributing and commenting.
Oh yeah, and for 'Denying Ignorance'.

edit on 22-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

edit on 22-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Here is a blogger that has been following Syria as well, and she provides links for her information.
Again, her point of view is that everything we're being told is lies. I'll say again: I don't want to seem to be pushing a certain side in the story, however, the media is full of their version of it, and my intention is to get to the truth of what is happening. I take everything with a grain of salt and look for a number of sources for information.

Here is her site:

Penny for your thoughts pennyforyourthoughts2.blogspot.ca...

The newest article, from today is linked below, here are a couple excerpts:

"Syria is providing, yet again, to the UN a list of confirmed terrorists attacking the country
Syria has presented the UN Security Council a list of 143 foreign citizens killed in Syria fighting government troops. Damascus hopes the move will force the UN to declare the presence of foreign nationals in Syria to be international terrorism.

The UN Security Council has not yet officially recognized Syria as a country confronting international terrorism

The new list contains the names of citizens from 19 countries accused of joining Syria’s rebels: Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Chad, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Tunisia, Turkey, Yemen and Chechnya."

And, on the latest incarnation of the Syrian Council:

"Think for a moment how very unreal or surreal an undertaking, that another group of nations ‘create’ a government, allegedly for Syria, then install them in another nation entirely, Egypt. Yet recognize them as the legitimate representative government of the chosen targeted country. All done without the consent or vote of the Syrian populace... How very freedom loving and democratic? How very bizarre. Insane. Upside down.
Pick your descriptor?"

Off topic, but, there is also a post that sheds A LOT of light on the Libyan debacle, with links to the original article.
"Libya- All In? Failed NATO Mission Exposed"
pennyforyourthoughts2.blogspot.ca...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hey I'm excited about this thread because
A) I miss you guys

B ) I 've been hearing about it and seeing it
just a little bit , but not enough to really
get a grasp of what's going on over there.
So looking forward to getting to the bottom of it since
no one in our press will even acknowledge it's going on .

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
bambuser.com... often has live feeds of Syria. Unfortunately not as much as they did before. Just click on the Middle East tab and follow @Bambuser_Alert on twitter for updates to live feeds. twitter.com...
edit on 22-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777

The newest article, from today is linked below, here are a couple excerpts:

"Syria is providing, yet again, to the UN a list of confirmed terrorists attacking the country
Syria has presented the UN Security Council a list of 143 foreign citizens killed in Syria fighting government troops. Damascus hopes the move will force the UN to declare the presence of foreign nationals in Syria to be international terrorism.

I didn't know that, but it would be pretty easy not to know about it considering the western media wouldn't tell you anything about it.

And, on the latest incarnation of the Syrian Council:

"Think for a moment how very unreal or surreal an undertaking, that another group of nations ‘create’ a government, allegedly for Syria, then install them in another nation entirely, Egypt. Yet recognize them as the legitimate representative government of the chosen targeted country. All done without the consent or vote of the Syrian populace... How very freedom loving and democratic? How very bizarre. Insane. Upside down.
Pick your descriptor?"

Yep, its a Libya all over except Assad can actually fight back and while he is in control of the Military, the FSA will never control Syria whether the frogs or scone stuffers recognise them or not.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by schmae
A) I miss you guys

While the "Israeli and "Palestine"conflict was going on, Syria sort of disappeared.. Except for the F**king French recognising the FSA as the government of Syria.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Right on you guys

I'm away for a bit, will check in later.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by schmae
A) I miss you guys

While the "Israeli and "Palestine"conflict was going on, Syria sort of disappeared.. Except for the F**king French recognising the FSA as the government of Syria.

You prefer Assad an Co.?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The only update I have
I know a few people from Syria living in my western country

And they are very very nice people

I also know some people who loves Damascus and is not Syrian

Please fell with your earthlings, they are your brothers and sisters
-from a country or an area with the oldest history in the world

Please stop the war
Or please accept that we are the sheeple we are the sheep, Jesus was a lam,
We must love our brotherly and sisterly sheep..... -only the sheeps
Those who do not love evil

No war is worth it if just one pure soul is killed

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I know I already said it, but I wanted to say it again. Thank you for making this thread. I'll be reading through everything, and watching the videos. I'm going to find everything I can so we can all stay up to date.

These are pictures I've found of Syria. Just as heartbreaking as Gaza, and everywhere else.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I just checked twitter to see what I could find, I searched 'Syria the truth', something like that and found a few, having checked them out much yet. At least 2 of them are in arabic, but I have a translator on my browser, so it's fine for me. (googlechrome). [ again - take with a grain of salt
]

twitter:

Syrian Truth twitter.com...

Truth About Syria twitter.com...
Here is their description: "Mainstream media is nothing more than a propaganda tool used by the global elite to control the thoughts and perceptions of the citizens. WE WANT THE TRUTH." Amen to that!

syrian truth twitter.com...

Syrian Truth
"Reporting mainly general feelings in the Syrian street + quoting my friends' opinions about Syria" twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
"Jihadist rebels in standoff with Syria Kurds: NGO"

english.alarabiya.net...

Hundreds of Kurdish militiamen massed in the Syrian border town of Ras al-Ain on Thursday in a mounting standoff with mainly jihadist Arab-led rebels who had seized much of the town from government forces, a watchdog said.

It was the latest in a string of largely peaceful drives for control of mainly Kurdish inhabited areas of the northeast and northwest that neighboring Turkey fears has given succor to the rebel Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) it has been fighting for nearly three decades.

Some 200 fighters from the Al-Qaeda loyalist Al-Nusra Front and 100 from the allied Ghuraba al-Sham advanced on Ras al-Ain, backed by three tanks they had captured from the Syrian army, the Observatory said.

More power to the person who can keep all of the militia and terrorist organizations straight in this thread!

edit on 22-11-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join