It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If politicians weren't so crazy maybe conspiracy theories would be less insane.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I think the only reason why conspiracy theories are so crazy is because politicians are insane. Remember all the conspiracies that came about when Reagan said that he had star-wars technology and while it turned out fake people were scrambling to find something out of what he could be talking about? Or when conspiracy theorists initially said the government was experimenting on civilians, only, for it to be proven true (while not to the extent conspiracy theorists talked about), and that Mk-Ultra is real, and the government did test on people during the Cold War? If the government did not intervene in places like El Salvador or install death squad Nazis in Argentina and support the bloody pinochet regime... people would be far less suspicious of the US government and of capitalism. But, because the United States supported fascist regimes during the Cold War just to support capitalism, many people equate capitalism with fascism over the world and do not realize that capitalism can be a revolutionary force for the oppressed.

They just see the institutions that are in power and blame capitalism for everything. If the US didn't intervene in the Philippines, or have ulterior motives for intervening in the Cuban-Spanish war, or not go to war with Iraq right after 9-11 maybe people would be less suspicious of them. Politicians never say what they mean either. So, when Obama said that he would end torture, and restore our civil liberties earlier when he was campaigning you knew he never meant it. When Bush said that he believes in freedom you knew that he was BSing all the time. No one wanted to admit it and just write him off as a stupid idiot. Bush may have been an idiot, but he wasn't a stupid idiot. He was purely evil using his stupidity as a distraction to keep everyone from focusing on what was really going on.

Aliens have nothing to do with it or why our leaders are stupid and evil. They just simply are and they are fighting for their interests not the interests of the people. I can't think of one politician who isn't hypocritical in one way or the other-- even Gary Johnson and Ron Paul are a little hypocritical, though, Gary Johnson a bit less hypocritical than Ron Paul , and Ron Paul a lot less hypocritical than most. All of politics is voting for the lesser of the two evils. But, why should we keep voting for the lesser of the two evils? We need true libertarians, true Green party people, true leftists, true right wingers running for political offices. Not people who can be bought and sold, or, whose ideas are completely idiotic and will ruin our civil liberties, or have disastrous consequences for us in the long run. Why can't we have a politician who speaks the truth, has the right ideas, and, is smart about the way he or she does things? Do all politicians necessarily have to be destructive to our country in some way or another?

IMO, congress should only meet once a year. We'd be much better off that way.
edit on 22-11-2012 by Frankidealist35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Bush may have been an idiot, but he wasn't a stupid idiot. He was purely evil using his stupidity as a distraction to keep everyone from focusing on what was really going on.

IMO, congress should only meet once a year. We'd be much better off that way.

Incorrect! He was NOT an "idiot" and NOT a "stupid idiot"! He was a "DAMN STUPID IDIOT!!!".

And Congress should all be FIRED and replaced with REAL PEOPLE who are NOT TRAITORS and SELL-OUTS to American citizens, the Middle-class, and to American jobs.

EDIT TO ADD: That Bush was a "DAMN STUPID IDIOT!!!" again as it needs repeating.

edit on 22-11-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by oper8zhin

I agree that congress should be fired but we tried that in 2010 and got crazy tea-party people... if we elect the Dems we might get people who are less insane on social issues, but, they're just about insane with everything else. I am more in favor of conservative economics as a libertarian and more with Democrats on social issues, but, right now it's just a pick your poison kind of thing, and, many people are choosing one poison over the other. We all know we're going off a cliff but depending on who we are just voting for how we go off that cliff right now. How do we get people out of this mentality?

Also, George W Bush may have been a stupid DAMN idiot, he was a schemer as well. And no, to the Democratic operatives who might post in this thread-- don't make uneducated posts blaming Karl Rove. Karl Rove was just a campaigner. He doesn't have actual power. Though, Karl Rove is also a DAMN STUPID IDIOT AS WELL

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think it has more to do with compartmentalism and the fact that politics is the art of speaking without saying anything

The type of people who go into politics at the mid to upper levels believe that they are part of the elite so they wrangle words to position themselves for the next "title" (trophies)

When confronted with questions they know nothing about they must answer in a way that makes them seem in the know

On the other end of the spectrum you get sonny bono and Jessie Ventura
It is up to us to do our own research. Don't just take a professional liar's word on it

Cheers

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Have you seen the movie the Campaign? it captured this perfectly. The debate moderator asked how they would solve the economy and they just said they would provide jobs, and they ranted on for a bit and then one member in the audience pointed out that they were just dodging the question. It perfectly describes how politicians speak. What if people in real life were smart like that?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by Mrgone

Have you seen the movie the Campaign? it captured this perfectly. The debate moderator asked how they would solve the economy and they just said they would provide jobs, and they ranted on for a bit and then one member in the audience pointed out that they were just dodging the question. It perfectly describes how politicians speak. What if people in real life were smart like that?

I once lived with a girlfriend who's IQ was way higher than mine and could recall conversations verbatim. That made me pay more attention to every conversation that I have. My problem has been engaging people who are full of # who have an agenda. Bosses, coworkers, family.

Politicians speak and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

I'm going to catch that movie. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join