It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh My--The Pope admits they screwed up again

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Jesus was born Jan. 6.

en.wikipedia.org...

bible.org...

www.agapebiblestudy.com...

Eastern Orthodox churches still celebrate the birth of Jesus on January the 6th. In A.D. 361, Roman historian Ammianus Marcellinus quotes St. Epiphanius who says that January 6 is "hemera genethlion toutestin epiphanion" (Christ's "Birthday; that is, His Epiphany").

richardfreemantoole.blogspot.com...

www.slideshare.net...

The earliest known reference to the December 25 being the birthday of Jesus is found in the Chronography of 354, an illuminated manuscript compiled in Rome. It says that in the East, early Christians celebrated the birth of Christ as part of Epiphany on January 6.

en.wikipedia.org...

penelope.uchicago.edu...

Sometimes between 340 AD and 350 AD (sources disagree on exact date) Cyril of Jerusalem writes to Pope Julius I and asks him to assign the true date of the nativity "from census documents brought by [Roman Emperor] Titus to Rome". Julius assigned 25 December. This date corresponds to pagan celebrations of Mithras (and some other pre-Christian deities). However, this is the date the western Christians still celebrate as the birthday of Christ, while Eastern Christian churches still celebrate it on the January 6th.

www.newadvent.org...

www.digplanet.com...

www.scripturescholar.com...

I am still new but I love reading about all religions. I hope that I haven't offended anyone for adding my 2 cents, lol.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Most scholars will tell you that Jesus was born in the spring due to the fact that the sheppard’s were in fields with their sheep which does not happen in the winter time. And the birth is somewhere around the 2-5 BC due to the historical census that was taken at that time by the Romans.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The date method that I think tends to yield the better date stems from astronomy and the story of the Magi. The Essene were most knowledgeable of the stars and Jesus birth appeared totally planned to make a Messiah. Signs from the heavens were all part of their plans.

The churches didn't have the power to predict the ancient alignment of planets that we have now and this tends to show a better date for the Jesus Date of Birth.

So, to add more fuel to the fire that the church just picked a date to line up with Pagan concepts for Sun Worship, this alignment of the planets to make the Star of Bethlehim appears a huge clue for a better date:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Jesus was born in June', astronomers claim
Astronomers have calculated that Christmas should be in June, by charting the appearance of the 'Christmas star' which the Bible says led the three Wise Men to Jesus.

They found that a bright star which appeared over Bethlehem 2,000 years ago pinpointed the date of Christ's birth as June 17 rather than December 25.
The researchers claim the 'Christmas star' was most likely a magnificent conjunction of the planets Venus and Jupiter, which were so close together they would have shone unusually brightly as a single "beacon of light" which appeared suddenly.

Using the St Matthew's Gospel as a reference point, Mr Reneke pinpointed the planetary conjunction, which appeared in the constellation of Leo, to the exact date of June 17 in the year 2BC.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

They say they are up to 7 years off. It could be 2006 or as late as 2020.. I'm guessing it's 2012 now.. big comet coming in.. trumpet?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
The Vatican's Pope now joins in the numbers that tell the year of Jesus birth is wrong and thus the dates for the calendars have the wrong datum point of origin.

Not only that the Pontif says Christmas was not even close to Jesus' birthday and is related only to pagan rituals of old.

So, now all this special times for Dec. 25 are all wrong, all the stuff on animals around the Jesus birth is all wrong, and the church has presented a fairy tale, rather than history:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Jesus was born years earlier than thought, claims Pope
The entire Christian calendar is based on a miscalculation, the Pope has declared, as he claims in a new book that Jesus was born several years earlier than commonly believed.

Christ's birth date is not the only controversy raised by the Pope in his new book – he also said that contrary to the traditional Nativity scene, there were no oxen, donkeys or other animals at Jesus's birth.

The idea that Christ was born on Dec 25 also has no basis in historical fact. "We don't even know which season he was born in. The whole idea of celebrating his birth during the darkest part of the year is probably linked to pagan traditions and the winter solstice."

So now we discovery that most Christians are more pagan worshipers, wanting of truth and fact, which they all misrepresented over the centuries.

Shame be upon them.

Jesus was born on February 11 0. As an Aquarius. Some will argue it was the 3rd. Not. The 25th Dec. was a comprised/compromised date to satisfy and or dispell uprisings within the Pagan belief/believer constabulatory living at the time. Most did not believe in monothyism. Jesus was not born in a manger, not a stable but as a thought form elsewhere inserted idea form. Here is The Christmas Card, Joseph leading a donkey, Mary the burden not the beast. Inside the cover reads "Hey Joe, whos been messing around with your wife?"
edit on 14-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join