It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice for laptop cooler for a laptop with a 17.3 inch screen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hi , im looking for a laptop cooler for my father for Christmas but the problem is he has a laptop with a 17.3 inch screen. At first i was going to buy a Cooler Master 2 at its advertized as being able to fit 17 inch but after looking at a video that shows the box for the cooler master on youtube i realized that when they as 17 inch they are not talking about the screen that are talking about the width of the laptop. Apparently 15.4 inch screen = 17 inch laptop width.

So can anyone recommend a laptop cooler that would fit a laptop with a 17.3 screen?

Im not even sure how wide a 17.3 inch screen is at HD ratio but im guessing its around 19 inches.

edit on 22-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I bought mine a long time ago, but i recommend anything from zalman notebook coolers, i have this one

www.amazon.com...

they are good quality, but on the expensive side

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
+1 for Zalman. They're definately worth the extra $$$, especially if you've got a gaming laptop

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
How much are you willing to spend on a cooler? I have a FAR better suggestion that will accomplish that and more. Depends on your budget.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I just have a cheap belkin one from walmart. cheap and gets the job done. I guess I mean cheap relativistically speaking, it's still 30 bucks.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If it was me id be into trying different ideas..its just my father wants a laptop cooler for xmas. Anything else would just confuse him lol.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

A great system and a great price can be found here for $19.99
www.shopxscargo.com... sories

I bought a laptop cooler from this store 2 months ago and so far the cooling system works! Gets the job done too.

Btw, I don't believe in paying for overpriced consumer goods. They all perform the same function, all same parts from China, so don't pay for brand name...just the product!

edit on 22-11-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Understood. It's just as well I didn't get into too much time or detail. To make it short for your own future reference then, if you want to make a single upgrade on a laptop for both Speed and Temp issues at one whack, changing the Hard Drive over to an SSD will do it.

Not only did I go from 90+ seconds to less than 20 seconds avg from cold power off state to a full working desktop (Win 7 professional) but I discovered as a bonus that most of my heat was being generated through the Hard Drive and not the CPU. When the old magnetic drive got yanked, I could run the laptop on any surface. A blanket.....it didn't matter since the fan and exhaust rarely engages anymore unless I'm 3-D rendering or gaming.

The last one I bought also came with a USB cable adapter that both runs the SATA connection AND powers the drive, all from the USB port. It only works on SSD's or Laptop size magnetic drives but using that I transferred 24 gigs at school in 14 minutes flat.
Nothing makes a better bang for the buck on upgrades, IMO.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1354271747&sr=1-1&keywords=nzxt+cooler
Above is how I cool mine. It is built tough. I have a power plug I use instead of running off of laptop USB.

Seems counter productive having the laptop power the cooler that cools the laptop because it is power the cooler....

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by staple

Thanks staple

new topics

top topics

join