It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Grants Reprieve To Student Expelled For Refusing To Wear Tracking Device Badge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
its sad when your kids and their kids will think its normal to have a drone following them around the rest of their lives.

you want a $10 billion defence contract, invent a mini remote control drone the size of a basketball that follows a person around like a dog every where they go.

they'll probably even market it like a pet.

the way they target kids is criminal. you send your kid to school and you think they are learning and studying, instead they being forced to wear rfid devices.

i see more people moving to third world countries where they are actually freer because their governments can't afford such non sense.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
How is this any different than a corporation forcing its employees to wear badges? Those badges have RFID and yes, they track your movement throughout a facility.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Cheers for the student that has the awareness about what it means to be "filed and monitored". To be true, students can get away with it because they are still young and need to be eased into new confinements. You want them slowly roasted, not burned.

You are right, indoctrination begins with the young. Technology is also born of war. The liscense plate reader systems developed in Iraq are now implemented in the US and there are problems. Not with the system, but with that "old privacy issue"...

hamptonroads.com...

Filed and Monitored. Who needs chips?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Is it for skipalots or all students?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
This is a good idea.

If you're not smart enough to avoid it, you should be tracked.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Good for him. It's about time a judge stands up for JUSTICE in this country. I'm so sick of the paid off corrupt scum.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This makes me angry. Why in the world would they need to "track" kids??? GRRRRRR

Schools are there to provide a safe environment for the kids to learn to make good decisions and be responsible for themselves. It's a place where there are consequences for hurtful behaviors but not consequences like prison sentences. It's supposed to be where, when a mistake is made, a discussion can be had concerning it and the student will be able to see the effects of their actions and learn to be more caring of their fellow humans.

It's NOT a place to herd them like cattle, to stifle their creativity, to build fear of "big brother" to train them to be good little lab rats.

Yes, student safety is important, but that's why you have other adults there, you have teachers that care about the kids and watch out for their safety in lieu of parents, where they are given the freedom to make mistakes that won't endanger their life and learn from the decision that's made.

Schools are there so the kids can learn how to interact in a social environment at the same time they are learning academic concepts. They can learn academic concepts anywhere, but the social learning is important. Why are they being stifled in this with tracking devices????

If the school isn't capable of keeping reasonable tabs on the students without some kind of tracking badge, there's something wrong with the school.

I think you are very correct in the thought they are "training" them to think of it as normal... and it makes me very, very angry!!

.....on a different note, with the abilities of our children in this day and age, they WILL find a way around it, they WILL find loopholes, they WILL develop a resistance to it.... and I encourage it fully!!

don't tell anybody, but I've been known to plant ideas of "insubordination" ....in my earlier years of course.... would never do anything of that nature these days

edit on 23-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
its sad when your kids and their kids will think its normal to have a drone following them around the rest of their lives.

you want a $10 billion defence contract, invent a mini remote control drone the size of a basketball that follows a person around like a dog every where they go.

they'll probably even market it like a pet.

the way they target kids is criminal. you send your kid to school and you think they are learning and studying, instead they being forced to wear rfid devices.

i see more people moving to third world countries where they are actually freer because their governments can't afford such non sense.

FURBIES!!!!

and they're making a comeback....

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Be thankful for your ignorance, for soon the Fruit will weigh on you like chains.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Supposing we all refused to wear them?. They can't imprison us all?. It's about time the control freaks were given the finger.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
Its the bologna game folks. That's where they take away a small slice of our freedoms and it is too small to fight over. eventually they have taken so many small slices that all that is left is a small slice and that is not worth fighting over either.

We won't lose our constitutional rights all at once because that would start a revolution. We will lose them (and have been for decades now) in small increments that aren't worth the fight until their are no rights left.

Yes, AKA the 'Totalitarian Tiptoe'

It starts in schools because the RFID can be justified as fighting truancy and improving child safety- the schools back it because better attendance records equals more funding.

As others have mentioned, these kids grow up accepting this as normal and it spreads further.

Interesting this story is Texas, I started a thread not too long ago about a similar thing-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

According to reports, the school districts implemented new rules Oct. 1 that require each student to attend classes with photo ID cards embedded with a radio-frequency identification (RFID) chip, so officials are able to track every pupil's location. Educators have said the requirement is necessary to stem rampant truancy, which is, in turn, taking a huge chunk out of the school's funding. If the program is eventually judged to be effective, officials plan to roll it out to all 112 schools in the district, covering some 100,000 students.

The RFID defenders turned up quick in that thread but seem to have stayed away from this one so far

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferryman
Supposing we all refused to wear them?. They can't imprison us all?. It's about time the control freaks were given the finger.

Im more in favor of giving them a taste of their own hemlock...

I think people behind these proposals should be forced to be tracked everywhere they go for a year and see how intrusive it can be. Better still there should be a tv channel and website that shows their locations, what they are doing at that moment, what they buy, sell, watch, how fast they drive, etc etc etc.

Its always easy to suggest idiot ass ideas that affect people other than those who are suggesting it (like Obamacare and Congress). Sometimes they need a reminder note tack hammered to their forehead to get them to understand just how much of a headache suggestions like these can be.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

That about sums it up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join