It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Mursi today usurped all state powers and appointed himself Egypt’s new pharaoh."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
While everyone is focusing on Egypt's new President as the key negotiator for maintaining a ceasefire agreement between Israel and Gaza, Egypt is suffering from protests of their own as Mursi makes "revolutionary" announcements regarding the country and their new constitution....that may end up leaving the country divided itself!

"Reactions to Egypt’s new decrees include Mursi branded as ‘Pharaoh’"

english.alarabiya.net...

Here are some of Mursi's decrees...

“The president can issue any decision or measure to protect the revolution,” according to a decree read out on television by presidential spokesman Yasser Ali.

“The constitutional declarations, decisions and laws issued by the president are final and not subject to appeal.”

Mursi also sacked prosecutor general Abdel Meguid Mahmud, whom he failed to oust last month, appointing Talaat Ibrahim Abdallah to replace him, who was immediately sworn in on Thursday night.

Here are some of the reactions...

Nobel laureate and former U.N. atomic energy agency chief Mohamed ElBaradei lashed out at the declaration, which effectively puts the president above judicial oversight.

“Mursi today usurped all state powers and appointed himself Egypt’s new pharaoh. A major blow to the revolution that could have dire consequences,” ElBaradei wrote on his Twitter account.

“The revolution will not accept a new dictator in Egypt,” said leftist former candidate Hamdeen Sabahi.

“Egypt is looking for solutions and the president driven more problems,” Sabahi added.

Meanwhile Amr Moussa, ex-candidate and former Arab League chief, said: “I fear renewed unrest following Mursi’s decrees.”

Can't wait to see what the entire draft Constitution holds when they finally release it.

Is anyone really surprised? I think a lot of us familiar with the Muslim Brotherhood saw this coming a long time ago.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
the NEW egypt is all about protest

of course people in the state will whinge

he should tell them..."you destroyed the country enough...now go home"

they chose mursi....and now the trouble makers have got nothing etter to do

he should send them to isreal! lol

peace

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Phar·aoh
   [fair-oh, far-oh, fey-roh]

noun
1. a title of an ancient Egyptian king.

2. any person who uses power or authority to oppress others; tyrant.

At least he is honest.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm moving my thread and comments over to dontreally's thread! Thanks!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

yes I am really surprised. I thought Muslim brotherhood would act popularly but what I am seeing is that they are after dictatorship ! terrorism in Syria !! and even they send loving letters to Israel !!! Egyptians are not so good with Israel !!!!

top topics

join