It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apologies in advance...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm in a real crappy mood...and just need to vent...

Anybody else ever really get the shaft at work, courtesy of the boss' friend?

Today's our big office move, and I get shafted office-wise... The office I should've gotten was given to a "junior" rep, who's a friend of the boss!
Well, I've helped her (i.e. given Junior the solution) on most of her crap as it is. Well, the hand-holding and spoon-feeding is going to stop... Let her sink or swim (likely sink) on her own merit for a change... She'll likely be gone soon if so (boss' friend or not, clients only take so much)...

So please excuse me if I don't seem myself over the next couple days...I'm just a little pissed. Sure, I know some of the "bleeding hearts" will wonder why I'm worried about a smaller office, vs. starving Iraqis, or some other crap, but it's a pride thing...and a matter of principle...

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Perfect example of the "it's who you know, not what you know". Sad but true.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What a basturd. Lets hunt them down and impale them with pitchforks

XAOS

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
so politics are pretty intrigal...it's just that I'm in a management position because of my ability (and in a relatively very short time...). I have people under me that have been with the company for over a decade... So this really steams my hide... I used to think I was pretty much above engaging in some of the petty politics... Looks like I'll have to pay more attention to socializing with the drunkards now, if I'm going to move up....*sigh*

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I say vent my friend, I know all too well about how you feel, no need to apologize for a situation like that.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Gaz,

I know what you mean man, I have been screwed in the office like that as well. Not a lot you can do, except maybe find a new job and live your life without your company if you possibly can. The problem is with the economy like it is, that would be tough right now...

But, if you find a better job, when you turn in your notice, piss on your bosses desk...

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Vent on...vent on!

I hear ya...and can SOOO relate...having had many similar things happen in my career before. You are doing the right thing by making the decision to pull back and let her sink or swim on her own merits. Sure, its nice to help out a co-worker...to help bring them up to speed and support where you can...but ultimately they are there to do a job. And if they can't do that job, then they are a liability/burden...not just to the organisation as a whole...but to fellow workmates and more importantly to the clients who are the very reason your organisation is in business.

You know the saying about "Giving someone enough rope..."? Hehehe...yeah, just keep doing your own thing...she'll seal her own fate by her own ineffectiveness.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ahh i know exactly how you feel Gazrok, as I have missed out on 'promotion' through the interference of an ex-boss as well. The guys now dead (not my fault) but the damage is taking a while to undo. Its terrible how easily you can be screwed if the guy above you doesn't like you.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
"Anybody else ever really get the shaft at work"

Oh yeah so much I gave it up!

"I'm just a little pissed."

Well, I know your pissed off at work but its 12.20am here and I`ve been down the pub since 12.30pm. And all I`ll say is "Let her sink"

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
The guys now dead (not my fault)...

Hmmmm....you seemed awefully quick to clarify that one Netty ol' chum...

...has there been anyone else who did you wrong that ended up dead?? Like maybe suffered unexplainable brake failure while driving...or kinda accidentally stabbed themselves repeatedly in the back while brushing their teeth??

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Actually it may be the field I work in. In our department in the last year, 1 died of bowel cancer after having a heart attack, 1, has had bowel cancer, and now knee surgury, 1 has a heart complaint getting worse, and thats out of 5 people!

Its sad, but sometimes I certinally wished him dead, and that the first time I have ever really hated someone. But he died of cancer of his own accord.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This office better have a pool loaded with naked chicks or something for you to be mad over it.

join