OAK ISLAND???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Has anybody stopped to consider that with all the half assed amateur attempts and screwing around over the years that whatever it is or was down there may have already been destroyed or so badly corrupted that we'll never really know for sure what was down there?

Tragic idea, I know but somebody had to say it.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. It's the thrill of discovery. A lot of people want a definitive answer to the question of what is/was down there.

Satisfaction has been delayed too long.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Still doesn't answer the question though...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Has anybody stopped to consider that with all the half assed amateur attempts and screwing around over the years that whatever it is or was down there may have already been destroyed or so badly corrupted that we'll never really know for sure what was down there?

Yep and maybe a natural site made endlessly 'mysterious' by a libel application of pious fraud
edit on 23/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

No. I still think we should dig around, make a concerted effort to do some archaeology with what's left.

It would be nice to know if it is Templar-related.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

If you read the history of the site it is so disturbed that any excavation would be hopeless.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I wonder what would show up if they did some sonar pings of the pit or some sort of side scan sonar or ground penetrating radar could be quite interesting results or just alot of useless backscatter on the image...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

That's depressing. Then we'll never know.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by PrplHrt

If you read the history of the site it is so disturbed that any excavation would be hopeless.
True...but I'd dearly love to see this figured out. I have stood at the foot of the causeway leading to Oak Island and felt the tug.

Some interesting stuff has come up on prior threads, and I submit a link so that the subject doesn't die.www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I've never understood the idea of building a booby trap & not having a "release mechanism". If you were to bury something so significant to you, would you just be so much of an A-hole to say "if I can't have it, no one can...ever."?

I'd build a trap to discourage people from getting my goods, so I could later come along & get it.

What I'm getting at is, I bet there's a pit that will re-route the water. Probably right below whatever is there. I'd look for another depression near by, and dig.

It doesn't make sense not to have one unless it IS a tomb & the buried was never meant to see the light of day. The evidence points to that not being the case though.
edit on 26-11-2012 by V4SL4ND because: punk shoe ation.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
wow. I never heard about this before. When was that built?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Read the book "The Money Pit" or any of the other zillions of them on the subject. Also YouTube if youre lazy............

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I've been following this for a few years now and have my own theories on the subject, though i have no idea what could be down there or who put it there.

Firstly, i believe that the pit was designed as an airtight structure. When the third platform was opened, the seal was broken and allowed the water to fill the pit, making further progression impossible.

Secondly, i believe that the structure wasn't dug, but rather built up and earth filled around it. I believe that there must be a second chamber that is above sea level but can only be accessed from the bottom of the pit - in a way, you have to go down, across and up. To me, this would be the only way you could make such a structure without using machinery that we know they couldn't have had all of those years ago.

I don't think that it was built by fleeing templar knights as the wood would have rotted by the nineteenth century, but i'm surprised that no-one has used modern technology to date the wood.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
I refuse to beleive that with todays technology we cannot get to the bottom of this. if water is rushing in, mix the use of industrial water pumps along with large hollow tubing to block out the outer walls as you go down further....holding the walls of the hole back the further you dig down.

Its one thing being able to find whats there, its probably a greater mystery how it was built considering the flooding water table.

Humans have been exploring deep under the sea for literally hundreds of years.

Even crude devices to help explore the depths have been in use for thousands of years.

So that begs the obvious question...with access to diving technology, why is so much emphasis put upon pumping the water out of the shaft?

Who cares if there is water flooding the shaft...surely common deep diving gear would be all that is required to get to the bottom? Clear the pressure seals (the oak platforms sealed with putty) using machinery, and get some divers down the water filled shaft, simple.

I am more amazed that nobody seems to have done this, than at the pit mystery itself.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Yep and maybe a natural site made endlessly 'mysterious' by a libel application of pious fraud

A natural site would not have layer upon layer of cut and set oak log platforms complete with pressure seals of putty. It also wouldn't contain sheet metal, inscribed stone and parchment.

Add that there are plenty of natural sink holes in the world many times more impressive than the oak island pit, that don't have generations of wealthy and famous people wanting to excavate them, to the point of risking their lives and fortunes to do so and it is plainly evident the oak island pit is anything but natural.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

A natural site would not have layer upon layer of cut and set oak log platforms complete with pressure seals of putty. It also wouldn't contain sheet metal, inscribed stone and parchment.

Add that there are plenty of natural sink holes in the world many times more impressive than the oak island pit, that don't have generations of wealthy and famous people wanting to excavate them, to the point of risking their lives and fortunes to do so and it is plainly evident the oak island pit is anything but natural.

The problem is those 'artifical' items may not have existed at all

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jademegjosh

leonard nimoy did a show on this subject.
www.youtube.com...

still facinating after all these years

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I can't remember where I read it, but recently I read an article that theorized, the pit was constructed to hide British royal army payroll.
The author found references to the royal engineers constructing a safe place to store payroll, during the revolutionary war. The place was safely out of reach of the rebels, yet accessible to the royal army/navy.
If any one had the expertise and abilities to construct such a pit it would be the engineers of the royal army.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Maybe what ever is there was never meant to be seen again,if it was deem by someone to be a dangerous item,by hiding it in this manner they wanted to make sure it never would see the light of day,If it is the Ark of the Covenant ,the claims of it being a powerful artifact might be well to leave it alone

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I thought that as well while watching one of the YT vids but logic/self-preservation kicked in and the idea of diving into a giant trap that has only strengthened itself over time suddenly seemed crazy.

The idea of tunneling into it from below or even from the side seems intelligent. No doubt, the guys who own it now will run through every possible idea until some kind of discovery is made.

But hell, if it were just a giant distraction device and the actual 'treasure' were just sitting a few hundred feet away, 10 feet underground it'd be twice as brilliant.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join