It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OAK ISLAND???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Oak Island off the coast of novia scotia canada has been a legend of tales surrounding the story of the money pit.
The money pit is told to be around 200 years old,and is to hold unknown treasures or even an alien space craft.
It is said that we will only find what is at the bottom of the pit when 7 people die,and to date there has only been 6.
What truth is actually behind any of this tale and is there really a space craft at the bottom of the pit?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I always liked the story that the Ark of the Covenant had been buried there at the bottom of the pit. But I would gladly settle for alien hardware, lol. The most intriguing aspect of the mystery is the sophistication of the technology used to create the pit. Many well-funded, high profile attempts have been made to literally "get to the bottom of the mystery", all ending in failure. Quite a mystery indeed.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by greybeard1

Wow I did not know that. That's pretty cool.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
dp
edit on 22-11-2012 by Rubic0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yeah the pit, it is pretty amazing that it still hasn't been cracked. I am not sure if it is (i don't have time to look into it again) the only one around but if it is then they cant get to it without destroying it as i remember. They did identify parchment of some sort down there though.

The recovered a stone with writing

circa71.wordpress.com...

The next day he was mortified to discover that the pit had filled with 60 feet of water overnight. Weeks of bailing with buckets and the use of crude pumps failed to lower the water’s level inside the pit. In 1805, Lynds’ miners sank a second shaft close and parallel to the original pit. At 100 feet they began burrowing toward the treasure. The miners had to scramble for their lives when water suddenly burst into their shaft—and filled it to the same level as the original shaft. The once wealthy Simeon Lynds was now practically destitute—having run through his fortune in search of the treasure.

edit on 22-11-2012 by Rubic0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jademegjosh

It has to be some kind of safe. Why else build it with all those layers? Somebody wanted to hide something and hide it well. IMHO. It's hidden so well and so inaccessible it leads to believe even the owner didn't want anything to do with what ever is down there. I think sometimes it's better to leave sleeping dogs lie. But I'd love to find out anyway. What is the saying? Curiosity killed the cat.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This has always been one of the most fascinating things I have ever read, purely because even to this date no one has yet got to the bottom of this pit and found whatever is down there.
For me, it just seems even beyond elaborate for hiding treasure etc ^^ I like the above theory of it being something that no one wants to be found again.
Odd that we cannot, in this day and age, get water pumps in place powerful enough to sort this out once and for all.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Not sure if its lost civilizations related, my bet goes with Templar of Knights and Free Masons.
Obviously it has mason connection, if you think all the masons who have dug there Errol Flynn, Franklin D Roosevelt, John Wayne.

There seems to be certain intrest by this group so there is also a guided tours for free masons. Also there has been a gatherings of Free Masons many times in that area.
Symbols are told to be symbols of Masons, maybe they are there to mark the spot for future diggers who would be masons... like this is how far we went. That also with the coconut blanket, people even nowadays send messages like this to next persons who are exploring. Like scouts and people who do geo catching.

There were a intresting view in Ancient Astronaut

But i doubt they had anything to do with it.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Whatever it is it wasn't meant to be exhumed. People can't seem to take the hint.

It's submerged for a reason. It may be radioactive.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

How on earth anyone has dug a pit over 46metres so long ago, without it being flooded when they dug it - who cannot be fascinated by this?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
oak island is fascinating

I kinda hope no mega billionaire just excavates the whole thing, having a real mystery is kinda cool

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

So earth is not only a prison planet its a place where E.T´s dumb their garbage...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have always found this story and well...hole....to be amazing. Whatever lies at the bottom, I think may uncover a lot of truths about people that I personally don't think they're ready to know.

Someone earlier said to let sleeping beasts lie....that may just be the best advice.

Whatever is down there, is booby trapped to high hell for a reason. I'm on the side of the argument that the creator of these safe guards put them there to keep whatever is down there...down there. Be it powerful weapons, the word of God(s), and even monsters (demons, interstellar beings, etc).

WE SHOULD GO ON AN ATS FIELD TRIP AND DIG THIS SUCKER UP.

***Edit to add***

This guy seems to have a pretty decent theory of what could be going on. Kind of fun to look through and read all the different ideas people have conjured up.
edit on 22-11-2012 by MmmPie because: To Add

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Cool. One of the first world class mystery I ever remember hearing about.
I was listening to my Dad and Grandfather talking about it when I was maybe
9 or 10 years old. In their tale, it had to do with Blackbeard's Treasure though
as where they lived in Fernandina Beach, Fl was speculated also to have a secret
hoard of gold and other booty buried.

What I'd like to know and have not seen anywhere are the results of metal detectors.
Or of any ground penetrating radar.
This idea of it being about burying codices seems to lend the idea that gold was not
detected and so a switch to looking for some other "treasure".

Francis Bacon is a unique and mysterious figure of history for his secret knowledge of the ancients
he was said to possess. I don't know exactly how he figures in. I gave up on the video as it was so
many lines taking off from each hexagonal and octagonal building pictured with no relation to where
they linked.

It seems to me that it being any parchment would be unlikely as the threat of water coming in to destroy
it making it a moot point. The layers of failsafes to it's ever being discovered lend to the notion that whoever
buried it also had no intention of digging it up either.

What could you want to bury to make sure that it never saw the light of day again?
Why not just throw it overboard in the deepest part of the ocean, then?
It seems that did not strike whomever buried it to be a reliable safeguard.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Perhaps it's meant to be exhumed by something/someone with a specific skill set.

Say an ancient engineer.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I refuse to beleive that with todays technology we cannot get to the bottom of this. if water is rushing in, mix the use of industrial water pumps along with large hollow tubing to block out the outer walls as you go down further....holding the walls of the hole back the further you dig down.

Its one thing being able to find whats there, its probably a greater mystery how it was built considering the flooding water table.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There have been some new seismic tests as of 2011 and drill hole and I beleive that currently the owner/operators are looking for investors to take another shot at getting to the bottom of this so to speak.

A little info from their brochures

~ June 2009 The Oak Island Tourism Society hosts Explore Oak Island Days. Tours available, guest speakers, Commotion By the Ocean Debate pits skeptics VS believers, displays, movies. Mandate unobtainable, OITS folds.
~ 2010 A new group made up of the treasure hunters, friends and family take over tours.
~ 2011 Oak Island Tours Inc. conducts new seismic work, results unknown. Early Treasure Trove Act repealed, group now works under the Oak Island Treasure Act. Borehole 10X being worked on, new drilling around the Money Pit. Another heart shaped stone found.
~ Explore Oak Island Display created in 2011.
~ 2012 EOID enjoys it’s official opening, June 23rd. Guests from around the world are impressed.
~ 2012 Oak Island Tours Inc. gets a five year treasure hunting license. Some drilling done in the Money Pit area, result unknown.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I really wish they hadn't dynamited the sea tunnel closed if they hadn't it would be very easy to get a remote operated vehicle equipped with camera and gripping claws esentially an underwater robot to enter the pit from the sea and go take a look before drilling down there again, who knows how much damage to any artefacts that are down there has been caused.... Can you imagine finding the Ark down there with a huge drill string hole right through the middle of it... That would be quite a waste

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
who knows how much damage to any artefacts that are down there has been caused.... Can you imagine finding the Ark down there with a huge drill string hole right through the middle of it... That would be quite a waste

Yeah, that's what I worry about. I saw a show about the money pit where they talked about how flakes of gold and a piece of parchment had been found stuck to the drill. It's really sad because they probably destroyed whatever treasure was in the pit, and any paper documents were probably destroyed by the water once they drilled into it.

I also find it hard to believe that we aren't able to get to the bottom of this pit with our current technology. I can't believe that someone with more money than they can spend in five lifetimes like Bill Gates hasn't funded another go at the pit. I know if I had the money I would.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If I win the PowerBall -

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join