It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You or a Friend Have Lost Their Job, or House, Tell Your Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have a post on food stamps and began to read stories from people who are themselves needing them, and what they are going through. I realized I needed to post a place for everyone to tell their story, about how hard it really is out there. Please write what is happening to you or people you know, so we can create the real picture of what's happening in America.

Thank you

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Currently I am an intern at a small company doing what brought me six figures in 05 for free.

The staff are all younger than me except one person. I am living in hotels by the week off of the last of an inheritance that saved my life. Down to the last hundreds. I skipped thanksgiving with my kids so they could have one. They are fine and with the ex's family today.

I may be able to turn the internship into a contract gig in December. Next week is going to be tight. I may spend some days in the car.

Sometimes we find ourselves on the bottom and don't see the next drop. How much farther down could there be though?

I think things are looking up. Keep positive out there. Many strangers have shown me kindness. We all need to pass it on and help the next person. Once we are in a position to do so

Take care everyone
edit on 22-11-2012 by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I have two friends that have been effected since 2008. One lost his car dealership and the other lost their job as a programmer. Its been how many years and still no job. Now the bank has foreclosed on my friends home and she has to be there while Realtors bring people through to buy it. All of those payments and not one dime comes back. I think it should be a law that a portion of the principle you paid off should be given back to the owner to help find new lodgings.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Hang in their, I wish all of us could help each other, but sometimes just knowing you're not alone helps.
Sure hope you can get a gig on your job.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
My husband and I both lost our jobs in 08 because the company moved south.
That same year my husband became disabled and it took a long time before he got checks from that so we cashed in our retirement funds. In 2011 I had cancer and fought that for some time. Right now I'm living off my savings but that won't last forever.

My brother had a high paying job and is now unemployed.

So many people have lost jobs and it's sad that we have so many illegals holding jobs.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Its interesting how many people have lost their jobs and homes, but how few want to actually talk about it. I wish people to understand that its not their fault if they believed america would go on like this forever. When an industry like the banks goes uncontrolled, it causes exactly what happened in 2008. If they had been prosecuted, we might have a chance, but now government has given them the white card and wads of cash.

What I don't get is this. If all of those inputs of cash had been given to the public, to pay off their mortgages instead of the banks, would that not have made the banks liquid, let us keep our homes and starting people spending like crazy?

Too simple?

new topics

top topics

join