It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs of the End of the world

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
Funny how all these signs are normal occurances. The Bible is like those "psychics" that charge gullible people that want to know their future, "I sense you have a dead relative". Instead of money it's time.
edit on 22-11-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

Let's start a thread that will be as long as the bible. We will list every possible scenario of cataclysmic events, wars, breakdown of society, just like the bible. We'll call them prophecies so that people will cry out, "But it says so on ATS!"

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

It certainly is an interesting piece from the bible and I'm sure everyone has a different interpretation of it if they have taken the time to read it. Because so much of it does touch home, it is worth trying to understand it, not like the parts of the bible where certain figures are talking to an invisible man etc.. Anyway, I'll try to give you my interpreation and whether it means anything in this generation or not.

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars

This is probably the easiest one to agree with. Obviously a lot is happening across the globe and whether people want to believe it or not, just about every country these days either is involved or at least is putting their two cents in. The Middle East is a real concern... There are wars happening right now which would play into the bible. Syria, Libya, Iraq, Israel are all major players so I can see why people would make a case that we are possibly in the end days... Are we though? Thats the million dollar question which no-one can answer.

Famine

This has been an issue in Africa for a very long time.. Maybe a few other countries like North Korea or someone but I see this mainly isolated in Africa for now. Because of this, I don't think it is at the level of an end days event. For me to believe it was, most of the world would have to be going through the same.

Earthquakes

They randomly happen all over the world. Very hard to determine whether they are intensifying or not. Its probably the hardest of all your examples.

Signs int he sun and moon, stars (Luke 21:25)

This would have to be something very big or noticable to the eyes of everyone. I haven't seen anything odd about any of the three mentioned so again, who knows. Maybe something will happen down the track but its just guess work.
edit on 22-11-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by SpearMint
Funny how all these signs are normal occurances. The Bible is like those "psychics" that charge gullible people that want to know their future, "I sense you have a dead relative". Instead of money it's time.
edit on 22-11-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

Let's start a thread that will be as long as the bible. We will list every possible scenario of cataclysmic events, wars, breakdown of society, just like the bible. We'll call them prophecies so that people will cry out, "But it says so on ATS!"

Haha, you can do the typing though...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

So you are saying that earthquakes are debatable, and famine and astrology are likely not the big crisis. So you are mostly standing on rumors of war. Do you have any good reason to try and convince us that the whole war situation now is more volatile than it was 30 years ago? In other words, why now, and why not then?

Either way whatever goes down in the middle east will probably not affect us too much realistically. The only way would be a shooting war due to alliances which is highly unlikely. I have trouble imagining a situation where the homeland is being attacked on a systematic basis or we have ration cards for sugar and butter.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Signs int he sun and moon, stars (Luke 21:25
Do a study of the day of the Lord in the OT. The signs will be blood moons falling stars and the earth wobbling like a drunk man.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join