It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs of the End of the world

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Either you believe or not this thread is about the signs and wonders of the "End of the world" apocalypse style.
Lol

What i am about to say is factual (through the comparison of modern day and 2,000 year old book) beneficial and hopefully to those who will receive the spirit of knowledge that I am about to say will hear me out.

Now, I am not saying everyone believes. Pick your belief, either with it or not or have another idea ontop of it or a side view, that doesn't matter.
I am not fearmongering, but by placing a relation to one another you might see it.
I am using Mathew, no real reason, other books include a close similarity between the "sign of the end of ages"

The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End Times 24 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.” 3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” 4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains. 9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. 15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. 22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time. 26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather. 29 “Immediately after the distress of those days “‘the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’ 30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth[c] will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.[d] 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. 32 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it[e] is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Now this is not going to be 100% on ball just would like to make a comparison with the world the bible. Which people will hate on

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars

With current issues around globally there is obvious more tension post 9-11. Not only the middle east crisis, but china, russia and North Korea as well. (we all know that China does not have the mechanized abaility to transfer ground units onto America soil. I am more or less touching on the basis of a global war in the middle east, potentially. Either way we are living in world war 3. War on terror is an endless fruitless war that will last forever! This should be reminded, War on terror will never end. Homegrown terrorist, militia, etc etc

Famine

Although, not as closely watched to those who live a Western lifestyle. I should also remind you that with higher inflation, poor crop harvest, drought and other potential damaging Western lifestyle we should understand that the way we live will eventually come to a hault. Don't forget high oil prices at the pump. If famine isn't such an issue we should remember what happen in Africa.
www.theatlantic.com...

With East Africa facing its worst drought in 60 years, affecting more than 11 million people, the United Nations has declared a famine in the region for the first time in a generation.

Hip hip hooray it isn't your western lifestyle as well!!! Right? Give thanks or thanksgiving

Earthquakes

This will be debated. We have the technology nowadays to find almost every EQ on the planet. If you believe we are having more, then by all means, believe on. If you believe it is (within range) of normal, then go on. I have little to discuss about EQ lately because many will dismiss due to the advancement of technology.

Signs int he sun and moon, stars (Luke 21:25

There are plenty of unique signs on the sun and the weather lately. Last month in Detroit we have had the warmest winter in our lives. My father never had a winter like last year. it was 50-60 degree winter. Dad, being 68. Why am I mentioning weather? Our sun does influence our weather, temp and seasons . We also have been having more solar flares as well.

Another sign... As far as the stars, if you believe in pole shift or are into astrology you may or may not notice that we may or may not have a polar shift. (stars will be debatable)

And lastly, We haven't had any great signs from the moon. Unless you connect the dots with the solar eclipse, all three of them that we had in 2012. Also, debatable...

_____

I am open to interpretation. The entire metaphor of the "end of the world" through our self and consciousness. Very doubtful. I believe that Jesus through his early years traveled the lands of India and probably have heard rumors of Budda or at least soaked some information up along the way. Would like to see ats response
edit on 22-11-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

The entire metaphor of the "end of the world" through our self and consciousness.

Yes, all those signs came to pass, and the world as it existed ended.
That was a long time ago, and now we live in the age of Christ.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Funny how all these signs are normal occurances. The Bible is like those "psychics" that charge gullible people that want to know their future, "I sense you have a dead relative". Instead of money it's time.
edit on 22-11-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

What prediction is not a normal occurrence? Cayce, Nostra?

Te4a party, occupy, Banks falling, fiscal cliff, Major debt, world economy dying.

Normal!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

What prediction is correct? If you're predicting common occurances then you're going to strike it lucky eventually. If the world ever ends then there's almost certainly going to be earthquakes, famine and whatever else.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

What prediction is correct?

Establishment of Israel

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

What prediction is correct?

Establishment of Israel

And how was that predicted? I bet I can spot some huge flaws.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Sorry but we have always had famine and war. Its going to be hard to convince me we are near a turning point of instability when we clearly remember the cold war ended 20 years ago and we have not had a serious threat of extinction since. Plagues? Lets talk about the 1918 flu outbreak. Famine? lets talk about Ireland when a potato disease wiped out the staple food. War? Lets talk about the cold war, you are scared about a couple terrorists dropping a small nuke or two on one of our cities? We have made bombs with a 50 Megaton yield. Tsar bomba, if we set it up in china town it would engulf all of east orange to queens in a fireball and would level just about anything between the Connecticut panhandle and new brunswick. And that doesn't even take into account the fallout. Oh and you know the cute thing? The Soviets were so scared of the fallout they made the neutron reflector on the bomb out of lead instead of depleted uranium which is far more efficient. The original design was double the yield. What we are dealing with now is nothing. Look at the budget WWII, Vietnam, and Iraq as a percent of the GDP

WWII- 15.52%
Vietnam- 1.77
Iraq - 1.06

www.freerepublic.com...

Clearly what we are doing in the middle east is nothing comparatively.

Earthquakes? you have made my point about detection threshold, but hey we have bad ones all the time, look at the 1906 San francisco quake.

And Astrology? I am sure I could find you just about 20 strange things that happened with the planets in 1974 for example. Something curious will happen in every year because there are so many different strange alignments that can take place with the stars. It is a numbers game.

Look, here is my point. You are bringing up this scary things that are happening now but you have to realize you are only looking at recent events because you remember them. We have to look objectively at the trend and it does not support your analysis, any of it.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Te4a party, occupy, Banks falling, fiscal cliff, Major debt, world economy dying.

Normal!

Tea party - red scare
occupy - 60's counterculture kent state
banks failing - great depression
Major debt- what we had to incur to get out of WWII, or what Reagan did to make starwars
World economy dying- See great depression

Every time you through out an event to support your idea I can think of a far worse version of it that happened decades ago whether it be conservative paranoia, radical youth counterculture, economic collapse ect

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Facts and Bible in the same sentance, in fact wait..'Facts' and any religious text in a sentance together just don;t gell well, as we know most of the stuff is fairy tails.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
A sign of the end of the world . . .

A perfectly competent military officer is brought down by three bimbos on the social circuit.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Funny how all these signs are normal occurances. The Bible is like those "psychics" that charge gullible people that want to know their future, "I sense you have a dead relative". Instead of money it's time.

Very normal, with one exception. The normal cycle of the Phoenix rising from the ashes starts with the individual, then the nation and finally followed by the global community. This global experience is a novelty event and has not happened since the flood. Earth is a refinement engine. There are five baptisms to overcome. Earth, Air, Water and Fire. We are in the stage of fire. Water puts out fire. Spirit is the final stage.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The righteous shall inherit the land -Bible Psalm:37:29

And We (God) have already written in the book [of Psalms] after the [previous] mention that the land will be inherited by My righteous servants. -Koran 21:105

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rationality

Every time you through out an event to support your idea I can think of a far worse version of it that happened decades ago whether it be conservative paranoia, radical youth counterculture, economic collapse ect

Not saying that I completely agree with the OP, but there is a difference in the OP and your occurrences. Your occurrences happened at separate periods in History. The OP is claiming that his examples are all happening now.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
reply to post by rationality

Not saying that I completely agree with the OP, but there is a difference in the OP and your occurrences. Your occurrences happened at separate periods in History. The OP is claiming that his examples are all happening now.

Yes, and why does that matter? My point is that OP is saying that # is hitting the fan and it is just like in revelations which said things were gonna get real messy before the end times. Right now this just looks like the status quo as far as disaster. Way worse # has happened in all of these fronts in the last century, and even more so the last 1000 years. Why should the apocalypse be now?

Can any of the bible believers above cite anything to support their earth water fire etc? I only remember water and fire from the bible. Also why is this time novel compared to all other disasters, give detail.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Very normal, with one exception. The normal cycle of the Phoenix rising from the ashes starts with the individual, then the nation and finally followed by the global community. This global experience is a novelty event and has not happened since the flood. Earth is a refinement engine. There are five baptisms to overcome. Earth, Air, Water and Fire. We are in the stage of fire. Water puts out fire. Spirit is the final stage.

Who told you that? The Bible?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Matthew 3

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with[c] the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

There are three baptisms listed in this one set of verses. The Earth and Air baptisms are assumed from Clay and Breath. Clay represents the Carbon (6 protons, 6 neutrons and 6 electrons), Air represents Nitrogen (777) and Oxygen (888). We are immersed in all four to develop Spirit.

Earth - We are planted into the Garden. We are not rooted in the soil like plants or in a fixed domain like fish. Instead, we can occupy all domains. This autonomy requires that we overcome these domains by hardships. The wilderness we occupy was provided to allow our growth by experience.

Air - We are given the Word of God as a guide to the wilderness. This word is also the language we learn and master. Meaning ultimately comes when we decipher the inner symbols of nature and overcome our ignorance and pride of the outer world. Meaning springs from the root, just like a plant.

Water - We are baptized into the Water (Immersion into Reality). The water cleanses the temple (body). The temple is where the sacrifice is made. This temple houses the spirit of God, along with our soul. We are to overcome as we are born again. "You must be born again." Plants die and the seed perpetuates to the next generation. Producing fruit ensures seed for the next crop.
Again, from Isaiah 2619 But your dead will live, Lord; their bodies will rise— let those who dwell in the dust wake up and shout for joy— your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead.20 Go, my people, enter your rooms and shut the doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until his wrath has passed by. 21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling to punish the people of the earth for their sins. The earth will disclose the blood shed on it; the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

Fire - We are finally baptized by Trials. The Flaming Sword of God cuts away pride and protects the tree of life. The tree of life is DNA. We light the fire we burn by. We can also put out the fire with the water.

Spirit - After overcoming the first four baptisms, we are then baptized by the Spirit of God. Jesus is necessary for us to be marked by the spirit for salvation from the Fire. The water and blood of Christ brings salvation from the corruption of the elements.

The answer to your question is yes.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Matthew 3

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with[c] the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

There are three baptisms listed in this one set of verses. The Earth and Air baptisms are assumed from Clay and Breath. Clay represents the Carbon (6 protons, 6 neutrons and 6 electrons), Air represents Nitrogen (777) and Oxygen (888). We are immersed in all four to develop Spirit.

Earth - We are planted into the Garden. We are not rooted in the soil like plants or in a fixed domain like fish. Instead, we can occupy all domains. This autonomy requires that we overcome these domains by hardships. The wilderness we occupy was provided to allow our growth by experience.

Air - We are given the Word of God as a guide to the wilderness. This word is also the language we learn and master. Meaning ultimately comes when we decipher the inner symbols of nature and overcome our ignorance and pride of the outer world. Meaning springs from the root, just like a plant.

Water - We are baptized into the Water (Immersion into Reality). The water cleanses the temple (body). The temple is where the sacrifice is made. This temple houses the spirit of God, along with our soul. We are to overcome as we are born again. "You must be born again." Plants die and the seed perpetuates to the next generation. Producing fruit ensures seed for the next crop.
Again, from Isaiah 2619 But your dead will live, Lord; their bodies will rise— let those who dwell in the dust wake up and shout for joy— your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead.20 Go, my people, enter your rooms and shut the doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until his wrath has passed by. 21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling to punish the people of the earth for their sins. The earth will disclose the blood shed on it; the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

Fire - We are finally baptized by Trials. The Flaming Sword of God cuts away pride and protects the tree of life. The tree of life is DNA. We light the fire we burn by. We can also put out the fire with the water.

Spirit - After overcoming the first four baptisms, we are then baptized by the Spirit of God. Jesus is necessary for us to be marked by the spirit for salvation from the Fire. The water and blood of Christ brings salvation from the corruption of the elements.

Thought so, that completely discredited it. Why do you act as though everyone accepts the Bible is correct and the things it says must be true? Not everyone believes in something with no proof.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Matthew 3

So I really tried to understand thins but I just could not find any good evidence supporting anything you just said. I mean where did the part about the atoms show up in the bible? it barely talks about Breath and clay let alone being baptized by it. The bible usually only talks about trial by flood and fire. The ideas you draw from this text are so derivative and free to interpretation any of these precise ideas you have about them are useless in my mind given the variability.

<<   2 >>

join