It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***To Those Without Their Family This Thanksgiving***

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Thank you for the kind thoughts OP.

Here is a new fun toy from Google to play with on Thanksgiving. I thought you might be interested based on your handle and the quote on your avvie.

You'll want to go there with Chrome, if you are able...

workshop.chromeexperiments.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
In the UK, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving, and it's sad because we have such a divide in our society at times that we could do with recharging those family oriented batteries and spending time with those who raised us and made s the people we are.

I'm sorry you can't spend this special time with the people you really care about, such as your parents.
I hope you have a really lovely day celebrating your son's birthday though.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Maybe you and yours can make up your own day of celebration. Pick a date that is special to everyone, then cook up a feast honoring all the things you and your family is thankful for....I know, easier said than done.....

Thank you and Blessings to you!!

That would be called a Family Reunion and is another wonderfull tradition in my family, usually sometime during the summer months.
Enjoy the day, enjoy the company of loved ones and count your blessings.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
HEY THATS ME! a lonely thanksgiving...i think ill just day dream and pretend like im sitting with normal people at the table. Sort of like what happened in the Movie "Hook" when they pretended to eat food and the food became real. thats what im hoping for it to happen

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

That is so freaking cool!! Thanks for the link!!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BacknTime

You may physically be alone, but I am here wishing a blessing for you

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Thank you! And a Blessed Thanksgiving to you too!!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Dear Starwise,

I wish you and your family the best and I share in your feelings.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Starwise! Now click this link and look into getting home see your father. You may qualify based on having a non medical need due to family crisis. I found that on the About Us page.

Air Charity Network

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Thank you! I am working all Thanksgiving, broke up with my ex gf last December who was the reason for my moving here, and I don't really know anyone. To top it off I started dating this girl and she said she would bring me some leftover dinner. Well I was getting ready for work and did not hear her calling me right before I left, I called her back 45 min later and she was pissed off at me and decided she didnt want to see me so now I have a 12 hour shift with no food
She's very rich, much younger than me, and a 9 on looks, I suppose she is used to her boyfriends jumping when she calls. So anyways, my Thanksgiving has sucked hard, so I appreciate your thread!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I understand what you are going through as far as your extended family situation goes. My Mother and Brothers all live on the Big Island now. I have the opportunity to go live with them. After so many years that have passed. My dilemma lies in the fact that my fiancee doesn't want to go. Nor does my youngest Son. I have never met anyone like her. I honestly know that I never will. My Son has lived with his Mother most of his life and just recently came to live with me. I do feel a sense of urgency to go and be around my immediate family at this point in my life. After years of being apart from them it's something that I think we all need. I don't particularly like the holidays because I've always been away from my family. Now that I finally have found someone amazing and had the opportunity to actually live with my Son for an extended period of time it makes my decision bittersweet. It's one of the hardest decisions I have had to make in life. It really does make the next few family holidays hard to swallow for me. Just know that no matter what your friends and family will always be in your heart. Happy Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

Thank you for the link. I will give it a look!!
Blessings to you!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This is a nice sentiment, thank you for starting this post; it's one I can really identify with, living in a new part of the country and having no family due to religious reasons (they're all Jehovah's Witnesses and will have nothing to do with me for leaving their cult as a young man). It's not always easy being a tiny island in this mad sea of humanity.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Got uprooted and moved for employment 7 yrs ago. We live in a neighborhood with similar situated people. This is the 4th yr of my husband and I hosting a "pot luck" Thanksgiving dinner and we had 26 this year. We get to mingle and visit with people who we just wave at the rest of the year. It is fun, entertaining and gives us a warm feeling for our neighbors. More people need to step out of their comfort zone and join the rest of the community. People appreciate the effort.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join