It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else think the Mayan calender looks like a stargate?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I think a stargate may look similar to a Mayan calendar.
Not the other way around though.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Nice..... That was one of my favs along with stargate universe pity they discontinued it.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Aztec sun stone, but yes you're right.
Every one keeps calling it Mayan because it's "prettier".

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
What does a star gate supposed to look like?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cookiemonster32

Circles are common iconography among ancient peoples. People throughout history understood "cycles" far more than we do today.

Perhaps we're to cut off from nature? Perhaps we're to wrapped up in our self-absorption to notice how the ebb and flow of time is circular. I don't know the answers.

As a student of history I can attest to the fact that history repeats itself, and these "cycles" that repeat themselves seem to be happening faster and faster.

Perhaps Terence McKenna was onto something. That, however, is for another thread and another time.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
No the Mayan calender doesn't look like a stargate the creators of the Stargate franchise took what they wanted from ancient civilizations because it fit the narrative of the show.

Circular shaped objects are scattered though out the history of man kind calenders,Stonehenge and everything else that I am currently forgetting.

The circle represents from every end there is a new beginning that repeats until the end of time so to speak.

By all means correct that if it's wrong.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Is that the same as an Ourborous(think I spelt that right) the snake eating its own tail cyclical nature of all things etc?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
img175.imageshack.us...
I think maybe a little bit outside of the box ,that the mayan calender looks like a stargate from the movie stargate with the chevrons round the outside for dialling in to different destinations etc. The Mayan calender looks like a dialed in stargate with something quite beastly comin through from the otherside .... Better get those sentry guns up and running in the gate room asap.... Whatcha think?

You mean this thing?

Kind of small...who can fit in it...and where is the gate?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Um no.... Not that exact representation obviously it would be a lot bigger otherwise what would be the point I meant that the image is a representation of a stargate in operation.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I think in someways it resembles our Hadron Collider

The Mayans were smashing Atoms together way before we were just a sparkle in our mothers eye.

edit on 23-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Um no.... Not that exact representation obviously it would be a lot bigger otherwise what would be the point I meant that the image is a representation of a stargate in operation.

Well I was being funny...forgot to add the
, however it does look like a sundial.

Also, nothing on here appears to be a movable part, how would they activate it...?

edit on 11/23/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SyntheticPerception

Very true could very well be.. I like to think the face that is being pulled in the middle there is the one the atom has on before it is smashed... Maybe they got the plans for the LHC from the calender and just didn't tell us.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

The real (possible) Stargates are in the following threads:

A great amount of interesting info from fellow member Kantzveldt

Stargates of Iran

Stargates of Tibet

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Heh heh no worries no snappynes was intended maybe all it is ,is schematics for a stargate ,circuit diagram that sort of thing....

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Also, nothing on here appears to be a movable part, how would they activate it...?

"They" wouldn't. The "universe would activate it by reaching a certain alignment, at a certain key point in time.

You get one guess when that time is

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

reply to post by FeelingPure

I mean the calender is counting down correct? What normally happens when the timer reaches zero in the movies either something blows up or something activates......

All calenders count down or up depending who you look at it to the end of the year(s) they represent my wall calender got to the end of the year last year with no explosion/activation and I have no doubt the same will happen this year!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I like to think the face that is being pulled in the middle there is the one the atom has on before it is smashed

Is it strange part of me can relate to that poor face in the middle?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

files.abovetopsecret.com...
What interests me a lot is that this image of the two beings facing each other is very similar to the two beings smirking at each other at the bottom of the calender in my post

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyntheticPerception

"They" wouldn't. The "universe would activate it by reaching a certain alignment, at a certain key point in time.

You get one guess when that time is

August 4th,2012? Oh crap we may have already been thrown into a time warp and don't realize it yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join