It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the Nephilim?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well, they do say history repeats itself. Is it always exactly the same when times come back around? Things always change but the metaphor stays the same....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Take into account the theories of the satanists and their sick rituals and sacrifices of children and this whole story is playing out right here right now.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

The return of the Nephilim refers to a cloning rebirth. The theory goes that scientists have viable dna of some of the original Nephilim, and will use it to bring them back. Far-fetched? You bet. But that's one theory.

The other theory is that the Nephilim genetics made it through the flood(and are still here today) in the form of one or more of Noah's sons and daughter-in-laws. "Descendants" of the Nephilim again show up in many places later in the bible. Starting with Moses sending the spies across the Jordan river. (Which is a topic all its own. Much to discuss there.)

Those with residual dna of the Nephilim today sometimes are born with traits of the Nephilim. Height of course, but sometimes double rows of teeth, and six fingers/toes.

Check out Tom Horn's articles on the Nephilim. He is the most knowledgeable on them I know of other than Steve Quayle. But be forewarned, they both come from a Christian slant.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

The return of the Nephilim refers to a cloning rebirth. The theory goes that scientists have viable dna of some of the original Nephilim, and will use it to bring them back. Far-fetched? You bet. But that's one theory.

That's true, it would be appropriate to say "return of the Nephilim" in that case, but most of the time people are not referring to such a theory, they are just getting things mixed up and only helping to confuse the matter. That was my point... but you are correct, it certainly is valid terminology with respect to certain theories such as the one you mentioned above.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Angels dont die do they? Whos to say the fallen havent been continuing to sleep with women.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin

Because we don't exactly have Giants walking around eating everything.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I think the Nephilim were more evolved Humans before the fall of Man(pre-diluvian times). And then we some how devolved into our present state of evolution.
edit on 22-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Their descendants are still here. I've seen one and she is creepy.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

in reality we should be saying it's the "return of the Annunaki" or maybe the return of the Igigi or fallen angels. But "return of the Nephilim", it's just completely illogical by all accounts and I'm sick of it.

This I would agree with completely, I am under the impression that the Annunaki were the creator race and the Nephilim are the offspring of an Angel and a human.

In Diablo III, the main character plays a Nephilim (using the definition you gave), and ends up becoming strong enough to fight off Diablo and his army as they assault heaven - something the angels couldn't do.

I had a fun time reading this thread.
edit on 22-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
I have seen so many threads which talk about the "return of the Nephilim", and it just really annoys me because such phrasing would imply the Nephilim are some type of angels or Gods or perhaps aliens from outer space. It's easy to find many examples if this with a quick search:

Why Lake of Fire, Nephilim may return -- this year
The return of the Nephilim "aliens" and 2012
Chuck Missler: Return of the Nephilim
26th July: Return Of The Nephilim?
Return of the Nephilim

I want to clear this up once and for all so people don't sound stupid when talking about the Nephilim. The Nephilim are the bastard off-spring of the fallen angels, half human and half "angel". They were supposedly mortal giants and it is assumed they were killed off in the great flood.

It's not even logical to suggest the "Nephilim may return" because they are mortal hybrids... it's about the return of the Gods and angels who came from the sky. The Nephilim were mortal giants mixed in with human society and they were eventually killed off (seeing as we don't have giants around today).

The Nephilim (play /ˈnɛfɨˌlɪm/) were on the earth when the "sons of God" (either fallen angels or those from the line of Seth) and the "daughters of men" (either men or those from the line of Cain) began to inter-marry according to Genesis 6:4; and were giants who inhabited Canaan according to Numbers 13:33.

en.wikipedia.org...

they were also said to have been a mixed race of giant people, descendants of the Nephilim (Numbers 13:33). The use of the word "Nephilim" in this verse describes a crossbreed of God's sons and the daughters of man, as cited in (Genesis 6:1-2) and (Genesis 6:4).

en.wikipedia.org...

As we can see the bible clearly states they were the result of the fallen angels breeding with humans. Even if we go right back to some of the very first creation stories, such as those told by the Sumerians, the story is exactly the same, except the Gods and angels were called the Annunaki and Igigi.

The Annunaki were the higher Gods, and the Igigi were the "fallen angels" who revolted against the Annunaki and interbred with our women. We also see the tale of the great flood echoed in Sumerian mythology, a flood which destroyed the Nephilim giants and almost wiped out the human race.

Watch the following video and it will all come together and make perfect sense:

edit on 22/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

There is no logical reason to believe that the Nephilim were anything other than the offspring of the fallen angels that mated with human women, yet we have shows like Ancient Aliens trying to convince us they were space aliens, when the text says nothing of the sort, but that's not stopping people from believing this rubbish. I can see the motive to this, at some point, I'm expecting the perps to show us a bunch of giant skeletons, and in some way connect this to whatever NASA will show us in an effort to pawn them off as the "ancient astronauts" that manipulated the DNA of apes which resulted in the creation of modern humans, they will claim. It would be like the theory of evolution or Darwinism with alien intervention tacked onto it. If you think this is beyond them, well, they've done this before, just look up the "Piltdown" man, the greatest archaeological hoax in history.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It's possible, Roman and Greek mythology are based on these Nephilim and are descendants of them.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
It's possible, Roman and Greek mythology are based on these Nephilim and are descendants of them.

I think we need to go back a little further. To the Pantheon of Gods, Chronos in particular.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Compared to the people who wrote these things, most of us are probably a few feet taller.

The fact that so many cultures the world over share a story of a flood makes me think that this is something far older than is scribed. It's something ingrained on our very psyche.

bigthink.com...

www.australiangeographic.com.au...

Thump!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I thought the return of the Nephilim meant that we would return to the days of noah when the nephilim were running around. So yeah they will return just not in the way many think they will.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
When I was a child (around the age of 5) I had lucid dreams over a period of about a week. The dreams involved huge creatures I called "giants". The ones from my dream were scary looking.. but actually very loving and playful. I found out a few years ago my siblings also shared this same exact dream.

I would go to bed hoping to continue the "dream".

They felt like family and I remember the last dream we shared being kinda sad that they left, my sister shared the same emotional connection with them. Who knows.. maybe the giants aren't so bad after all.
Or at least some of them.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Why not use the bible to get the answer
Genesis 6

1When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. 3Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.” 4The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown. 5The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Jude 6a confirms

And I remind you of the angels who did not stay within the limits of authority God gave them but left the place where they belonged.

Evidence in favour of the "fallen angels" interpretation includes the fact that the phrase "the sons of God" (Hebrew, בְּנֵי הָֽאֱלֹהִים; literally "sons of the gods") is used just two times outside of Genesis chapter 6. In both instances (namely, Job 1:6 and Job 2:1) the phrase explicitly references angels. This is supported by the Septuagint version of the Codex Alexandrinus, which, in Genesis 6:2, renders the phrase "angels of God".

Simply put, angels had sex with women and created a larger hybrid of the species called the Nephilim I believe that's where the story of Hercules comes from, there was a basis for it in that strain of mythology.

The Hebrew word here, shem, refers to being famous and legendary. It is as if the Bible is indicating that when the reader hears of legends of “demigods”, titans or legendary heroes who were part god, that this is who those “myths” were referring to. These were ‘men’ of superhuman ability and strength.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Is it not possible when the "Sons of God" mated with the "daughters of men that the scriptures are referring to a known event some 40,000/60,000 years ago, when the "newly arrived" Cro-Magnon man (Homo Sapies) mated with Neanderthal women.

The Cro Magnons were much taller than the Neanderthals, albeit only by 12 inches or so, but could well have been considered "giants" by comparison.

If Neanderthals evolved from very early humans over 5 million years, as all the books on evolution agree, is it not possible that Homo Sapies was "created" by some sort of genetic engineering, making both evolution and creationism true.

If Cro Magnon man is genetically engineered, would they not be the "sons of God" created by "Him"? Then the argument as to whether we evolved or were created would be resolved.

The Nephilm have therefore not disappeared, but are here today, or at least a hybrid of Cro Magnon and Neanderthat is.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Just to help out a bit. The word Nephilim is the plural of the Hebrew word...to issue toward...to fall.
It does not refer to the offspring of the watchers, but the watchers themselves. If a giant roamed the earth today, a forty five magnum would handle the problem. A watcher cannot be killed like that, hence...who can make war with the beast and win. The beast/antichrist being the watchers who escape from their prison that they were placed in at the time of Noah to once again rule the earth as in the time of Noah.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Interesting article over at rense on giants
rense.com...

and more on the nephilim in the future here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-11-2012 by winterkill because: added material

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin
Angels dont die do they? Whos to say the fallen havent been continuing to sleep with women.

Angels were not granted immortality. So yes, they can die.
That's a possibility about sleeping with women, but with one caveat. They can no longer take on human form
or a natural animal form per se. They can not shapeshift into a human or animal, but apparently they can
possess the mind and body of weak-willed individuals but, no offspring could come from that that would be
considered the Nephilim.

The Nephilim were actual mixing of DNA of two different beings.
I wrote a little bit about this on another thread.

Someone said upthread about beware that Steve Quayle and Tom Horn would be approaching this subject from
a Christian POV. What he should have said was from a Biblical perspective because the whole issue of the
Nephilim is tied up with the events at the very beginning of our Creation.

Once Man and Woman had been created, it entered into Satan's heart and the heart of other angelic beings to
want wives that were human to create offspring in their own likeness. Satan went one further and wanted these
humans and animals to worship him and to be their master.
He set about polluting the animal world and humankind by planting his seed of DNA in them which resulted in
all manner of grotesque creatures.
These brought terror to humans because they were very large and powerful.

It occurs to me to wonder not just about the Nephilim who were a race of Giants with extra sets of teeth and toes and fingers as a result of DNA defects now entered in the perfect structure created by GOD.
But also, I ponder whether the dinosaurs and other huge mutant forms of animals we see evidence of having once been on Earth not millions of years ago but only thousands of years ago as a result of these
unauthorized matings. For the Bible does speak of these fallen angels as even mating with animals in
a shapeshifted physical body.

These deviants are what GOD destroyed by the Flood.
He sought to rid the Earth of all but those that contained uncontaminated bloodlines that did not have Satanic
DNA or other fallen ones in their genes.
As was pointed out previously by another poster, either one of the wives of Shem, Ham or Japheth had some
throwback in her geneology. We know this because there were only three generations, I believe before evidence
of the Nephilim bloodline began to show up in again in certain tribes. However, it might be worth noting those
tribes continued the forbidden worship of Satan.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Originally posted by vaelamin

Angels were not granted immortality. So yes, they can die.
That's a possibility about sleeping with women, but with one caveat. They can no longer take on human form
or a natural animal form per se. They can not shapeshift into a human or animal, but apparently they can
possess the mind and body of weak-willed individuals but, no offspring could come from that that would be
considered the Nephilim.

The Nephilim were actual mixing of DNA of two different beings.
I wrote a little bit about this on another thread.

Someone said upthread about beware that Steve Quayle and Tom Horn would be approaching this subject from
a Christian POV. What he should have said was from a Biblical perspective because the whole issue of the
Nephilim is tied up with the events at the very beginning of our Creation.

Once Man and Woman had been created, it entered into Satan's heart and the heart of other angelic beings to
want wives that were human to create offspring in their own likeness. Satan went one further and wanted these
humans and animals to worship him and to be their master.
He set about polluting the animal world and humankind by planting his seed of DNA in them which resulted in
all manner of grotesque creatures.
These brought terror to humans because they were very large and powerful.

It occurs to me to wonder not just about the Nephilim who were a race of Giants with extra sets of teeth and toes and fingers as a result of DNA defects now entered in the perfect structure created by GOD.
But also, I ponder whether the dinosaurs and other huge mutant forms of animals we see evidence of having once been on Earth not millions of years ago but only thousands of years ago as a result of these
unauthorized matings. For the Bible does speak of these fallen angels as even mating with animals in
a shapeshifted physical body.

These deviants are what GOD destroyed by the Flood.
He sought to rid the Earth of all but those that contained uncontaminated bloodlines that did not have Satanic
DNA or other fallen ones in their genes.
As was pointed out previously by another poster, either one of the wives of Shem, Ham or Japheth had some
throwback in her geneology. We know this because there were only three generations, I believe before evidence
of the Nephilim bloodline began to show up in again in certain tribes. However, it might be worth noting those
tribes continued the forbidden worship of Satan.

So you say here that:

unauthorized matings.

Well, the Bible does say that "all flesh was corrupted" because of this demonic copulation of fallen angles with human women in Genesis 6 and the Book of Enoch does indeed say that these Giants started to "sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and began to "devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood". This is where we get the idea of things like vampires. There truly is nothing new under the sun. We should understand that Satan knew that Jesus, the Messiah would be born of a human woman. So this demonic copulation was Satan's attempt to pollute the bloodline so that the Messiah wouldn't be fully god and fully human or a pure blooded human so that we wouldn't be saved by the blood of Christ, and had it not been for Noah and his family it would have been successful, for he was "perfect in his generations, without blemish".

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join