It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The pursuit of happiness, how can we make unhappy Muslims happy?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I believe everyone has the right to pursue happiness.

Being happy is one of the best things about being human.

I want Muslims to be happy just as much as anyone, but I started thinking the other day about something I read a while ago.

We have all seen the tensions etc in the UK with the mixing of cultures, and I am sure this is happening elsewhere. And I am not saying that ALL Muslims fall into this category. As I personally know Muslims who ARE truly happy and do not wish to change anything about their host county.

So please do not say I am grouping every Muslim into this, because I am not. I am only talking about the Muslims who have stated and shown through violence or other activities just how unhappy they are.

To try and fully understand the phenomenon, we first have to understand the following.

Where are Muslims unhappy?
Where are Muslims happy?
Who do they blame for their unhappiness?
What can be done to make them happy?

So first, where are Muslims unhappy.

They're not happy in Gaza ...
They're not happy in Egypt ...
They're not happy in Libya ...
They're not happy in Morocco ...
They're not happy in Iran ...
They're not happy in Iraq ...
They're not happy in Yemen ...
They're not happy in Afghanistan ...
They're not happy in Pakistan ...
They're not happy in Syria ...
They're not happy in Lebanon ...

Secondly, where are Muslims Happy

They're happy in Australia .
They're happy in Canada.
They're happy in England ...
They're happy in France ...
They're happy in Italy ...
They're happy in Germany ...
They're happy in Sweden ...
They're happy in the USA ...
They're happy in Norway ...
They're happy in Holland .
They're happy in Denmark .

In short, they are happy in every country that is not Muslim and unhappy in every country that is Muslim

Who is it that these Muslims are blaming for being unhappy?

Not Islam.
Not their leadership.
Not themselves.

It would seem to me they are blaming the counties that they are happy in.

And to make matters worse, they want to change those countries to be like the country they came from where they were so unhappy.

Could I go out on a limb here and presume that it is going to be a hard job making these Muslims happy?

I would like to hear about some ideas you may have that may help this group of Muslims become happy. After all, being happy is a good thing, not a bad thing.

EDIT: This thread concept is not 100% my idea. It was my idea to bring it here though. As we seem to be stumbling over this over and over again.

I would appreciate no hate, but if you MUST, please remember that this thread will be heavily POLICED by forum staff.

So lets put our hatred away for a bit and try to come up with ways that will make them happy.

Please.

edit on 22-11-2012 by lnfideI because: Eff Oh

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

I think I'll jiust answer your title, send them to paradise? Seems pretty simple and straightforward because to be honest, the seem to want to be miserable and misery likes company.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Oh, this one will be fun. I think I'll watch from my protective bunker.

I don't think they can be, in a world that contains a non-Muslim country. Their one goal is conquest and bringing everyone under Allah.

Now, what happens if they ever attain that goal? I don't think they'll be happy then either. Perhaps if they destroy all history so the people will never know what the world was like, they'll be able to persuade people that they're well off. But when the whole world is a Muslim country I believe that they will still rebel against the conditions they live in. Islam is not a modern, forward looking belief giving respect to the individual. A thousand years from now, there may be another revolution against the leaders, as in Egypt, etc. If not, a dark night of slavery will descend over the world.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Dear Infidel,

Well, the majority of Muslims are not Arabs, they are Asian. Which of the Arab countries that you mentioned would you want to live in? I don't want to live in Gaza for sure. The leaders of their countries are no more Muslim than our leaders are Christians, those are just religions to them it is just things they claim to believe. The Arab world has been run by ruthless regimens for decades, the majority of them live in terrible conditions and are told it is our fault because, it is. We have supported their leaders. We supported the Shah who tortured all opposition. Maybe they are unhappy because we keep bombing them and supplying the bombs.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by lnfideI

Oh, this one will be fun. I think I'll watch from my protective bunker.

I don't think they can be, in a world that contains a non-Muslim country. Their one goal is conquest and bringing everyone under Allah.

Now, what happens if they ever attain that goal? I don't think they'll be happy then either. Perhaps if they destroy all history so the people will never know what the world was like, they'll be able to persuade people that they're well off. But when the whole world is a Muslim country I believe that they will still rebel against the conditions they live in. Islam is not a modern, forward looking belief giving respect to the individual. A thousand years from now, there may be another revolution against the leaders, as in Egypt, etc. If not, a dark night of slavery will descend over the world.

Perhaps that is what the unhappy Muslims want. To spread about the world, set up shop in host counties then say they are so unhappy with the host country that they force the host to change.

I see a lot of in fighting in unhappy Muslim lands, and you probably have something there stating that they will never be truly happy regardless.

I seen the unhappy people in Gaza dancing tonight in what looks like to me a happy time.

I wonder how long the happiness will last?

Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by lnfideI

Dear Infidel,

Well, the majority of Muslims are not Arabs, they are Asian. Which of the Arab countries that you mentioned would you want to live in? I don't want to live in Gaza for sure. The leaders of their countries are no more Muslim than our leaders are Christians, those are just religions to them it is just things they claim to believe. The Arab world has been run by ruthless regimens for decades, the majority of them live in terrible conditions and are told it is our fault because, it is. We have supported their leaders. We supported the Shah who tortured all opposition. Maybe they are unhappy because we keep bombing them and supplying the bombs.

That may be sir, but when I look at the UK for instance, I have seen no evidence of anyone bombing them over there. But man Oman are they unhappy for the most part.

And sir, I realize that most Muslims are Asian, but the unhappy Asian Muslims are not in the news much are they.
edit on 22-11-2012 by lnfideI because: Eff Oh

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
?

Hasty Generalization

Other than that, your "unhappy Muslim countries" have GDP per capita significantly less than your "happy Muslim countries." Also, most of your "unhappy" countries were colonized by foreign powers in fairly recent history.

There are plenty of happy Muslims in Arab countries, and plenty of unhappy Muslims in Western countries.

Gallup- Countries ranked by wellbeing

The above link shows that wealthy Islamic countries like Qatar and the UAE are in the top 15 worldwide in terms of highest percentage of population thriving.

Both are ranked ahead of the UK.

ETA: Common links among happy population are economic prosperity, education access, human rights, etc.

The way to increase happiness in Islamic countries is by allowing them the freedom to develop these types of things, stop treating them like nothing but a threat and nuisance, respect their religion, and withdrawal our military.
edit on 11/22/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
?

Hasty Generalization

Other than that, your "unhappy Muslim countries" have GDP per capita significantly less than your "happy Muslim countries." Also, most of your "unhappy" countries were colonized by foreign powers in fairly recent history.

There are plenty of happy Muslims in Arab countries, and plenty of unhappy Muslims in Western countries.

Gallup- Countries ranked by wellbeing

The above link shows that wealthy Islamic countries like Qatar and the UAE are in the top 15 worldwide in terms of highest percentage of population thriving.

Both are ranked ahead of the UK.

ETA: Common links among happy population are economic prosperity, education access, human rights, etc.

The way to increase happiness in Islamic countries is by allowing them the freedom to develop these types of things, stop treating them like nothing but a threat and nuisance, respect their religion, and withdrawal our military.
edit on 11/22/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

Qatar, which has a population of around 1.5 million, approximately 200,000 of whom are Qatari citizens, has an unemployment rate of half a percent. Its GDP per capita of $145,300 is the highest in the world and its 2010 growth rate was 19.4 percent, also ranking it No. 1 in 2010.

I am talking about unhappy Muslims. Muslims in Qatar are very happy.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

The pursuit of happiness, how can we make unhappy Muslims happy?

Do a big Allah face with Project Bluebeam and teleport them all into a lunar base (rumour) on the dark side of the moon.

Insert a monolith (film 2001) on the moon like the one at Mecca.

Problem solved.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Yeah, what I'm saying is your drawing this link between religion and happiness that is misleading. The link is between poverty and happiness.

And you're projecting jihadist ideology on the entire populations. Most Muslims in those countries don't have much interest in international politics.

The idea that the West needs to intervene for the benefit of people in Arabia and assist them with their happiness is a big part of the problem.

You want to make Muslims happy? Just respect them as logical human beings that are basically the same as people everywhere else.

Unfortunately, they do not receive this treatment enough.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Dear Infidel,

I am Christian and a preacher, I know how well I would be treated in some of those Arab countries and it is not very well. I pain for Europe, they no longer believe in God or Christ and do not have children. They asked the Arab Muslims to come in because they needed workers. Now that they are there, should they not seek to have laws that represent their interests? Did we give up on Democracy. The English did not move to a Muslim country, that is true, they moved the Muslims to their country. Very soon Spain will be primarily Muslim. El Cid kicked the Muslims out of Europe, your leaders invited them back in.

France wanted to outlaw Burqas. Heck, England wants to outlaw wearing crosses at work. I disagree with their religion, I disagree with their culture; but, they disagree with mine. France recently outlawed circumcision, both Jews and Muslims were outraged. Is the message that we want Arab Muslims to move to European countries and then give up all of their religious practices? Some are unacceptable, killing divorcees is not acceptable and they can go to heaven even if they fail to.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Very soon Spain will be primarily Muslim.

The Muslim population in Spain will increase by 82% between now and 2030. In other words the Islam population of 1,021,000 or 2.3% of the total population, will increase to 1,859,000 or 3.7% of the total.

www.spainreview.net...

Pretty steep increase, but nowhere near primarily Muslim.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Maybe you can't make them happy. Maybe it isn't possible.

Do you think their DNA, or genes, or whatever you call it has accepted unhappiness into the mix, and now, that's just who they are? Is that possible??

They've probably seen so much devastation in their lives, if they lived here, they would be considered insane and/or unstable, most likely medicated as well.

I like your idea
I want them to be happy too

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Dear PatrickGarrow17,

For your consideration. YouTube - Muslim Demographics

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Yeah, what I'm saying is your drawing this link between religion and happiness that is misleading. The link is between poverty and happiness.

And you're projecting jihadist ideology on the entire populations. Most Muslims in those countries don't have much interest in international politics.

The idea that the West needs to intervene for the benefit of people in Arabia and assist them with their happiness is a big part of the problem.

You want to make Muslims happy? Just respect them as logical human beings that are basically the same as people everywhere else.

Unfortunately, they do not receive this treatment enough.

Are these the logical human beings you want me to respect?

That's funny??? these unhappy Muslim blokes don't look all that impoverished.

Iam not sure I am following your explanations.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Decent video, makes some good points. But that's propaganda more than anything else. Don't think European countries are in a real danger of becoming Islamic Republics.

Here's a more level headed analysis.

pewresearch.org...

Muslims will remain relatively small minorities in Europe and the Americas, but they are expected to constitute a growing share of the total population in these regions.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Are you talking about making Muslim people in Muslim countries more happy?

Or are you talking about solving the problem of extremists?

Two very different things.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I was wondering the same thing?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Well a person cant make them happy in their own country, we have tried that haven't we. Are they happy?

Why do you insist that a unhappy Muslim must be an extremist?

Now you may say, that the pictures I posted above are just a handful of radicals.

But the truth is: In the UK for instance, they have created zones, Sharia Zones, where whole communities have been changed to Muslim areas. Now if someone was so happy in the host country that accepted them, why not assimilate?

How are you ever going to be happy by self segregation???

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Okay,

I never said anything like all unhappy Muslims are extremists. I said to treat Muslims with respect because they are people just like all logical people and you responded by posting pictures of extremists.

You realize that these are the extreme minority? And that Muslim people are in fact no different, or less logical, than anyone else?

You are the one who seems to be using the word "unhappy" as a euphemism for terrorist. And then you apply it to populations of entire countries.

Also, your position seems to be that Muslims need the guidance of the West in order to be happy. That is selling them short as humans.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish wit this thread?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join