reply to post by ArMaP
So leave them alone let the problem continue to multiply. Do you perhaps live in Vancouver? Because I do. And I see this everyday.
And for the most part I leave them be, ask kindly to maybe piss in the bush around the side of the building to avoid having my parking spot smelling
like piss. Or I sometimes kindly ask that they clean up there lean too materials so I can park.
But just leave them alone you say, I alter my route too safeway now so I don't have to see the local caustic vagrant whos swears and cusses at you if
you don't give him money. The Tim Hortons on Broadway has its own colony forming outside as well as inside. it's a guantlet of able bodied 20
somethings who can accoste you but didn't have the fortitude to get there asses out of bed for a job when they had the chance.
But just leave them alone you say when my things are stolen, when you have a union created by drug addicts called VANDU that now has influence in
local politics due to the fact the homeless drug addicts have rights to squat anywhere and destroy SRO's then complain we don't as a social city
provide enough for them. Stand in the way of beautifying the city because if we tear down an old building the drug addicts won't have a roof over
them to shoot up.
But just leave them alone after we build an atheltes village with city money that has low income housing built into the million dollar waterfront,
that we now find out has been converted into flop housing drug dens, with the actual homeowners who spent hard earned money, putting up with the smell
of illicite drugs wafting through the hallways and ventilation.
You see in my opinion we have left them alone for far too long, we have appeased and coddled along the way all those unwilling to be a part of society
that got the memo, memo being...
"unless royalty or born into money, you are a serf, a wage slave regardless of weather you like your job, you have to have one, you will pay taxes
till you die, and only break the cycle if you find a way to create new old money, till then you wake, you work, you sleep and do it again"
So no I will not just ask my city to leave them alone, no one escapes the fate we are all doled out from birth unless also born with a silver spoon,
we all have to wake up and put on our big girl and big boy clothes and follow the rules that are set forth within society, and as a society of
taxpayers there is a level of compassion that can be shown, but as I asked above when does it stop.
So we let them sleep in the streets, then we let them sleep in the parks, heck why not the lobby of my building, heck next strata meeting im gonna
suggest turnig the bike lock up into unchained homeless housing after all they cut the lock and steal the bikes and sleep in there anyhow.
You see we could just leave them alone, but how does that do anything for the problem. We have what they say is approx 2600 people sleeping on the
streets in Vancouver I don't argue the fact some have dimishished capacity to function within society on a whole. But I would hedge a bet that its
under 5% are legitimently handicapped, of the other 95% id say 75% have created there own diminished mental capacity through drug usage and the other
20% are people who fell off and didn't take personal responsibility, now think we all owe them something.
I owe to the peope with legitiment problems not of there own creation, I would support veterens and seniors housing. But I do not support the drug
habits of the people of Vancouver, I do not support laziness, I do not support people who lack ambition to get up from the gutter, I do not support
Insite, or free crack pipes, I do not support refurbishing slum hotel after slum hotel only for the scum that destroy them to destroy them again.
You can say leave them alone all you want but walk around Vancouver and see if you are left alone for 2 blocks
LoL leave them alone....