Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Unquestionable proof that the GOLD price is MANIPULATED ... take a look !

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I've long suspected, as I'm sure many others of you have also, that the spot price of gold is manipulated whenever it suits those at the top of the "food chain" ... and as far as I'm now concerned, the current spot gold chart virtually confirms it.

Within an hour of the Asia/Pacific markets opening, "some one" dropped a massive amount of gold forcing the price immediately down by approximately $AUS 17 per ounce.
Within minutes, buyers descended in a freezing frenzy rocketing the price back up by the same $AUS 17 per ounce.
Then amazingly enough and within just a few minutes of the price stabilizing, "some one" once again dropped the same amount of gold causing the price to again plummet by approximately $AUS 17 per ounce. But again buyers came in for a feeding frenzy and drove the price back up agin immediately.

As if trying to drive the price of gold down significantly twice wasn't enough, the same "some one" tried it again 2 more times a few minutes later but again, each time was unsuccessful in achieving a permanent "drop fix".

Here's the graph ... never seen anything like it.

Any guesses as to who's responsible .... my guess is it's government !
edit on 22/11/12 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

That's what institutional sellers do.

If you are the manager of Merrill Lynch Fund A* and you have decided you no longer want Fund A to have shares of Apple, you do not sell them all at once, this could be tens or hundreds of thousands of shares. That would trash the stock price. Instead you sell in blocks shares, spacing out the sell orders. They might be spaced every hour, they might be spaced every day.

I think it is a huge assumption to look at one part of one day on a gold price chart and scream manipulation.

*fictional fund used as example not meant to mimic a real fund

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I've watched all the metals being manipulated, politics, voting, business, the mass media, stock markets in general, interest rates, the economy, housing markets, etc. It seems like everything is being manipulated, some things a little and others totally. What I would like to know about is something that isn't manupulated. Can we get a list? I think it will be a short one.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
All it takes is say Hillary Clinton visitng the Middle East or a spat with another country to drop or drive gold. Its market speculation bud nothing big

heres a 5 year chart
www.apmex.com...
and the 6 months
www.apmex.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The ideal manipulation would be to drive prices sky high not drop them.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Just a thought.......
Testy, what a ounce buys at the 1700 $ mark today, say....is that close to equal to what a 36$ounce would buy back then?
I mean, i bought a 49 chevy torpedo back in 1963 for 75$ or just over 2 ozs.....
That works out to say a 1999 chev for around 3400 today approx.......just over 2 ozs....
Then where is the real investment value???really??
just askin.....

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia

That's what institutional sellers do.

If you are the manager of Merrill Lynch Fund A* and you have decided you no longer want Fund A to have shares of Apple, you do not sell them all at once, this could be tens or hundreds of thousands of shares. That would trash the stock price. Instead you sell in blocks shares, spacing out the sell orders. They might be spaced every hour, they might be spaced every day.

I think it is a huge assumption to look at one part of one day on a gold price chart and scream manipulation.

So .... 4 huge gold sell-offs within the space of a few minutes is NOT blatant manipulation of the market ?
Really ??

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Your saying the people with all the gold are trying to drop the price of gold drastically.... in sense making the rest of their gold almost pennies on the dollar.

Why would they do this? Or as you say... Really?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I would probably attribute it more to stop loss hunting by a high frequency algorithm.

www.investopedia.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

What I would like to know about is something that isn't manupulated. Can we get a list? I think it will be a short one.

1. Bitcoin.

The end.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

What I would like to know about is something that isn't manupulated. Can we get a list? I think it will be a short one.

1. Bitcoin.

The end.

I was hoping for a little longer list, but you might just be right. Being non-manipulated I expect them to go the way of the "axis-of-evil" and be declared a terrorist organization. The IMF with the help of US government and the UN, will introduce sanctions, starving Bitcoin of electrons until such point as they yield to colonialization, imperialism and stop their designs on nuking the present currency regimes.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
What I want to know is if it is always going back to its steady price than how is it manipulation?

They're selling off stocks a couple thousand at a time so they dont drop the market for all there stocks while unloading them quick.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
It was someone with a fat finger, who somehow managed to make the same mistake three times in a row

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The net result after the drop on your chart (above) is nill so I do not think that it was the government per se. Most likely in this case it was either a "fat finger" error by someone trading electronically (who sold a huge quantity by mistake) OR it was an engineered (manipulated) move to knock out a net long position by virtue of triggering some close sell stops under the market.
edit on 22-11-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
The ideal manipulation would be to drive prices sky high not drop them.

Not if you have a load of short positions......

MR

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Marlborough Red

Yes you are 100% correct. My reply was based on the OP pointing the price is manipulated by some single entity. My point being there are soooo many players that they all wouldnt agree to this
edit on 22-11-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

join