It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know too many dead people.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
A lot depends on what socioeconomic level you and your friends/family occupy. Literally everyone I grew up with (my neighborhood) is either dead, in prison, on a quick downward spiral. or hasn't been seen or heard from for many years. Then again, I grew up in NY State public housing, so no one is looking for the conspiracy in my case. My people learned early in life how to brilliantly destroy themselves, and how to create spectacular collateral damage as they do so. Again, no mystery about why they're all dead, dying or wishing they'd never been born.

I'm 56 yrs old, making me a relative anomaly. My people generally don't live this long. We certainly don't think that voodoo curses or space aliens are killing off our friends, families and loved ones. We die easy and toast our dead when they do what seems to come pretty natural to all of us.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I don't personally know many who have died. I do know many in my high school class have died, or stricken young in life with diseases, cancer.
Many of the "most popular and likely to succeed" are no longer living or sick with something that will kill them off before their time.
I think this is some kind of "universal law" of some sort. There seems to be a common thread here.

I was one of the "unknowns" in high school. I am presently doing ok. I am 49 ; healthy and take care of myself. My family tends to live into there high 90s..... I hope I can do the same if the world is an "OK place" and I have my health....otherwise.....Not sure about the world part..really...

My brother had a few childhood friends who died in their mid thirties of drinking. It was kind of a shock to me because I remember them as well...One died of alcohol intoxication at 36. ...

Life is difficult and their are many obstacles to health and happiness ....

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Im in my 20s. I dont know many dead people. I mean not any super close people anyway.
so yeah, to be honest probably just a few.
edit on 26/11/12 by plutoxgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yeah, my friends are dropping like flies too. I'm only in my fifties but have friends spanning many age groups. Seems like there are a lot dying younger than me though, more than I would expect.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

A lot depends on what socioeconomic level you and your friends/family occupy. Literally everyone I grew up with (my neighborhood) is either dead, in prison, on a quick downward spiral. or hasn't been seen or heard from for many years. Then again, I grew up in NY State public housing, so no one is looking for the conspiracy in my case. My people learned early in life how to brilliantly destroy themselves, and how to create spectacular collateral damage as they do so. Again, no mystery about why they're all dead, dying or wishing they'd never been born

I live and have lived about 10 minutes from Pittsburgh. Most of the people I know that are dying are suburban, some are inner city. And most of them are dead or dying from the same thing making others wish they were dead, like you said. No, no mystery, but it's getting ridiculous...I think it's out of hand... And I think that's the plan.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Midnight Sunshine (like this name by the way)

I presently work in a field of health care. I know that diabetes, heart disease, and CANCERS of all types is UP and sky rocketing since the 1980s.

Younger and younger people are getting these illnesses that inflicted mostly the "elderly" at one time.

It is very disturbing.

I believe STRESS is a factor

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Artistic

Hey
Thanks

Yes I never really thought about looking up actual articals to defend my OP because It was just my opinion and I wanted to talk about it. So, I read your post and think..Let's see, I google 'young people dying statistics' and low and behold what do I have??

link

While most victims are in their 60s and 70s, the latest study by Centers for Disease Control reported today that the rate of young people dying from cardiac arrest has soared in the last 10 years.

Wow.

That's what you said huh?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join