It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know too many dead people.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I was going to write about this last week when I lost two in the same week. So when I got home tonight to find out yet another one has bitten the dust, I am compelled.

How many dead people do you know? I'm 36 years old and I know at least 50. About 30 of them have gone in the last 10 years or so. People from my high school graduating class (and 5 years ahead and behind mine) are dropping like flies.

A few to cancer, a few heart attacks, a skiing accident, aneurysms, falling down steps, and OTHER.

Other seems to be the cause for most of their deaths. From my 18 year old cousin still in high school, to the 60 year old dirty mechanic who lived on my street. From the most popular rich girl to high schools baddest bad boy....neither of them escaped their thirties.

I'm so sick of other stealing away my friends and family. I used to blame it on the people, I thought they were stupid and weak. But surely there is nooo way this many people are stupid and weak, right? I think there is something more going on here and I'm getting really tired of trying to figure it out while the bodies hit the floor...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

With all due respect and sympathies,
People die. I'm almost 50. I've stopped counting and focusing on those who have passed on and tend to focus on the living, the surviving spouses, and families.

Life is a harsh and brutal process sometimes. T'is why we should celebrate every day that we're in it.

I hope you find some peace.

beez

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

What percentage would you give the dead people that you know out of all the people you know, a live and dead? Yours seems high, but then again, I don't even associate with 50 people on a regular basis - nor do I read the obituaries.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

A few times in your life you'll hit an age where people start dropping. About 10 to 12years ago I went through my second exodus, where between friends and family, 12 passed away. In a few years I'll see that again if I am not one of them. It happens, the cycles generally seem to run between 15 and 22 years from what I have seen.

I have a different problem however, something like the situation in the movie "The Sixth Sense." I live in a small town and I see dumb people. They're everywhere and they don't even know they're dumb. I am going to have to buy the t-shirt just to let them know I see them.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 11/22.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Objectively, you're casting a hell of a broad net there.

I'm late-30s and if I include people on the street, guys from high-school, friends and relatives - yeah - 50 would be a conservative number towards the low end. Factor in on-line friends who have passed and I could add another +10.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Yes that's what I thought too. I do know a lot of people. I run into people i know almost everywhere i go. But still, I don't think I know more people than the average person.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I don't know that many people who have died. Maybe 5. My dad died from cancer a few years ago. it sucked.

It's weird you're so focused on death.

My sister is the same way.

She's crazy.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Well how many times have you been pallbearer?... 6 times for me. Maybe we can get an average like that? Oh and my age is relatively close to yours.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It sounds like a lot of people in your area are dying off.
It says your location is "Earth"... Well, I'll be sure to avoid that place at all costs.

One of the main reasons I visit sites like ATS is because I'm trying to educate myself, and anyone open minded & willing to listen, in a hopeful attempt to avoid more unnecessary sicknesses & deaths.

I've lost many people in my life, I am the last surviving member of my family, I do have a few uncles & 1st cousins still alive, but I am only 39. I lost both of my parents to organ failure & cancer. Now I research prevention, not so much treatments. There's not much anyone can do after the disease takes over, preventing it by paying close attention to your surroundings and diet is the game at hand.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I have a different problem however, something like the situation in the movie "The Sixth Sense." I live in a small town and I see dumb people. They're everywhere and they don't even know they're dumb. I am going to have to buy the t-shirt just to let them know I see them.

Thank you for making me laugh Dave, I need it. I see dumb people too. As a matter of fact that is one of the few things that get under my skin. I have been waitressing and bartending for 25 years now and I attribute that to the reason I know so many people, and to my having bare witness to stupidity on a regular basis

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Dear MidnightSunshine,

I lost count of how many close friends and family I lost in the last few years. For a bit there it was one a month. I have spoken at most of the funerals and that alone is two dozen. I have lost all of my elders, aunts, uncles, grandparents, parents. We finally had a bright thing happen, one of my cousins was getting married. His father died on the wedding day. The funny thing is that I am not that social and don't know lots of people on a close level. For the past seven years or so, I have been told by my doctors that I should be dead, yet, it seem to be the only one they cannot get right.

I am sorry for your losses. When one of ours dies, we have a party, we drink and play cards. We also tell all of the worst stories about how flawed the person was because we are all flawed. It is an Irish wake. We celebrate the people we knew and how they effected us. We seek to remember the person rather than our loss. Everybody dies, the one guarantee in life. What we do with that life is what defines us and how we will be remembered. Peace.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Glad I could be of assistance. You know, you can actually buy a t-shirt that says that. I went looking yesterday for one, because seriously, most of the clowns in this little town are so stupid they actually flip back around to looking intelligent. You really have to think about what they say and try and interpret it. I do have a t-shirt that says, "Speak slowly, I find it hard to understand idiot," they actually speak slowly.

What's really funny since you're in the restaurant business, I asked a waitress the other day after she tore off to the bathroom and came back, if she washed her hands. She shook her head back and forth (body language meaning no) and said, "oh yeah, I always does that" and then looked at me kinda funny or downright vacant and said, "what did you ask again?" I swear, walking around the streets up here, I think my IQ drops by 40 points. It's no wonder the beer store and the liquor store have the longest and latest hours in town. I'm going to have to move to someplace that couldn't be used in a zombie movie as a set.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

Well how many times have you been pallbearer?... 6 times for me. Maybe we can get an average like that? Oh and my age is relatively close to yours.

Well, never
I'm a lady. It's been 4 years this month since my family lost my lil cousin. Since then, they have all been old friends and acquaintances.
reply to post by beezzer

Originally posted by beezzer

With all due respect and sympathies,
People die. I'm almost 50. I've stopped counting and focusing on those who have passed on and tend to focus on the living, the surviving spouses, and families.

Life is a harsh and brutal process sometimes. T'is why we should celebrate every day that we're in it.

I hope you find some peace.

Thanks Beez, not that it matters but I've always imagined you to be a twenty somethin bunny...hmmm

Anyway, yes you are right, that's what I plan to do, focus on the ones who aren't dead yet

Thank you for your kind/bright words.
edit on 22-11-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm sorry for your losses. I have lost many loved ones through the years and it is never easy. No one knows when their time here will be up, but we will all have our day. I don't believe that when people die it is the end. I believe we are far more than just a physical body and that when we pass, we go on to better things.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thanks Night Star, I agree, This most certainly can not be the end. It better not be, I want some answers...

reply to post by Kandinsky

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Objectively, you're casting a hell of a broad net there.

I'm late-30s and if I include people on the street, guys from high-school, friends and relatives - yeah - 50 would be a conservative number towards the low end. Factor in on-line friends who have passed and I could add another +10.

Well Kandisky that makes me feel a little better
Thank You

edit on 23-11-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
god yes, they have been dropping like flies for the last 12 years 2 suicides ,cancer .stroke. my mom passed in 2010. my dad 2005 friends that i used to work with dying from drunk driving & liver diease, even the 24 year old kid that used to live behind me bit a tree after his girlfriend broke up with him
sad all the way around

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by blackz28

Geez that's awful black, I'm sorry.

Not too long ago one of my husbands old friends hung himself in the county jail. That was pretty messed up.

reply to post by cavalryscout

Originally posted by cavalryscout

I don't know that many people who have died. Maybe 5. My dad died from cancer a few years ago. it sucked.

It's weird you're so focused on death.

My sister is the same way.

She's crazy.

I'm sorry to hear you lost your Dad, that does suck.

It's weird that you assume I'm focused on death. It's just a post, pointing out my observation and what not.

My Mom draws wild conclusions too.

She's a crazy pain in the dupa

edit on 24-11-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
add another death to my dead co-worker rolls , i just found out a guy nicknamed "jibber" his girlfriend of 11years decided to break up with him so he put a slug in his temple
i guess he never heard the term , STICK & MOVE !!!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well OP, I am going to add my 2 cents here.

It is possible that some of these people may have indeed have been victims of black magic attacks the occult etc.

Well trained occultists can indeed cause people to have have heart attacks, car accidents, suicide etc.

There is also gang stalking which also involves occult attacks using technologies such as radionics and EXTREMELY severe forms of harassment and abuse.

Now I may be wrong and none of this may have been involved in their deaths However too be honest I do NOT believe in coincidence.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yurichan

There is also gang stalking which also involves occult attacks using technologies such as radionics and EXTREMELY severe forms of harassment and abuse.

You just never know

Oh there is no coincidence, and yes, I believe something sinister is to blame for these tragedies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join