It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THESE are the ELITE!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
OP I understand your point of view and agree the best people in the world are the ones you describe.

But the word 'elite' means those above, such as the premiere league being the 'elite' of English football, or as the dictionary describes 'elite'-

A group or class of persons or a member of such a group or class, enjoying superior intellectual, social, or economic status

Intellectual status= yes

Social status= yes

Economical status= yes

Good, honest hard working people do not make up the 'elite'.

That said, I completely understand where you are coming from

edit on 22-11-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Thank you so much for your replies.I really can Not get the young lady with the baby out of my mind-but that's a good thing-it will keep me grateful! So often i catch myself forgetting that a warm comfy bed,hot showers,fridges containing adequate food supply+a stove to cook it on,is actually not a given,its a blessing.I think one grows up with these things since earliest childhood in most societies+so assume its just part of "the deal" of living,like sunshine and oxygen..when really,its not.Here in South Africa i have always been aware,since i was a child,that many millions have it worse (we were quite poor too, but at least we ate exceptionaly well,lots of fresh farm produce+meats,all organic,through my father's work) but its still almost impossible to grasp how hard it must be to be homeless poor.I BOW before people like this,i mean,reverential awe! I console myself that if ever the S does HTF,this type of person will make out well,having learnt long ago to eke out a living,and by sheer toughness and strength of character. Still breaks my heart thinking of her+her child, though,but i have this feeling the reporter's going to organise some practical help for her :-) something i saw in her facial expression.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I can't seem to find the article but an economist found that it would cost 38 million per year to abolish poverty in Canada. That is peanuts considering the Feds spent 9 billion on defective planes. That would of abolished poverty for 237 years.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Hey :-) thanks for pointing that out, yeah in my mind its "the cream of the crop" and so i kind of figured,these ladies,this type of gallant Spirit,deserved to be called that,rather than the current title holders.Except sportspeople,athletes,they at least worked for it,cus talent alone is nothing if you dont work it,and some of them work like galleyslaves and sacrifice much,to get their Gold.Happy TurkeyDay:-)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Great thread OP.

The poor are some of the most elite willed people in the world.

------

Also, I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything but you might want to use paragraphs next time. Your post was wall of textish and sort of hard to read
edit on 22-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Sometimes I think we need a little perspective, especially when we start blaming others for being elite. Of course WE are not the 1%. It's those OTHER Bad Guys(tm) who are the 1% who don't deserve it just by definition. Perhaps we ought to look inward:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

All I did was reply to what you wrote. All you had to do was state you didn't think it was right or fair.

Mother Teresa lived by the tenet that - the poor must know we loved them. She is a Saint and I think the Catholic church is way too late to recognise her as such. I know she is a Saint - many many many people know she is a Saint and I imagine a gazillion Souls of those she nursed as they were dying - know she is a Saint. I don't need the (elite) of the church to tell me she is a Saint - I can do that all by myself.

It is a shame how the elite think they are better because they have more and think they are deserving because they worked hard for what they earned - how about all the employees who helped them???!!!

The elite are in for a rude shock when they die. I have had a death experience and you do not take anything with you except your Spirit/Soul.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Well, what's left out is why these people got that way. I'd like to know the whole story on any one of these people. For sure some of it was done "to them" but also for sure a lot of them have lived lives of drunkenness, drug abuse and debauchery as well as thievery. As far as the girl having a baby and being homeless goes. First question seems to be: Why'd you get pregnant in the first place? That's real responsible. Bringing a kid into the world when you can't even take care of yourself.
I've researched these people extensively and most of it is well earned. (The only exception is the war veterans. Those guys got poisoned and mentally traumatized).
And talk about the "overcoming" attitude these people now have - where was that attitude before they got into the mess they're in now.
Oh yeah, help the ones who truly deserve to be helped but do a little digging first. Your attitude towards them will change.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I couldn't agree with you more I come from that side of the world Southern Suburbs to be exact and it is depressing to see the amount of poverty around and I feel absolutely powerless to do anything about it,someone once told me that if every family in the world was allocated land something like 300 square meters each then the entire population could fit into a space the size of Australia just goes to show how much land is held by the Un-elite...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
"'Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp' cries she with silent lips. 'Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!'" -Emma Lazarus (Statue of Liberty, USA)

The entire world is becoming more and more alike as time goes on. This year alone 6 Billion dollars was spent on 'pomp' during the election season in the US, when the focus should be on lifting up the true elite of this world. I believe that those that struggle with with poverty, those that struggle with depression or every day life are often the best that humanity has to offer. Someday the last shall be first and the first shall be last. This system had some good intentions, it called to the huddled masses that were yearning to breath free, but it failed them in the long run. A new system is needed and it's on the way, this world needs to find a new way.
edit on 23-11-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I'm also from South Africa and the situation is getting worse. I frown upon foreign people who really think we have no infrastructure etc. while we are pretty developed in comparison with the picture in their mind. Now, however, I see us backsliding like the rest of Africa. Our educational system (I recently finished school - in a "top" SA school) is amongst the worst in the world. I cannot help but think the ruling political party that everyone thinks is ruled by stupidity is actually part of the bigger picture - not being as stupid as the typical South African thinks. It feels like the same situation in the US political system. There is NO focus on helping the poor. Just last week (or this, can't remember) hundreds of homes (not shacks, real buildings) were broken down by the government because they were built illegally on government owned land. These people had nowhere to go, they are poor, have nothing, and now they break down family homes on their own land. Just goes to show that they feel nothing for the people under them.

Sorry for the off-topic drift, but I think they are infiltrating not only the UK, US, etc. but also the smaller African countries and such. This is no coincidence, we are heading for a climax all over the world - and fast.
edit on 23-11-2012 by pdvdw because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Do you not own anything .If you do that is private property . If you dont't get off your sorry butt go to work and you can get your own piece of land and a home that someone else can't claim and invade . And quit being a NWO poster child for the Agenda 21 .

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Sometimes I think we need a little perspective, especially when we start blaming others for being elite. Of course WE are not the 1%. It's those OTHER Bad Guys(tm) who are the 1% who don't deserve it just by definition. Perhaps we ought to look inward:

Don't make me puke.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Great post OP, and so very true. Though, it bothers me when people use the "1%” thing as though people making $300,000 a year are part of a cabal of billionaires and trillionaires controlling the world. How about the "0.1%” or the "0.01%" $300K a year may be wea,thy, but its not "enslave thousands for your own greed" wealth.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak

Originally posted by schuyler

Don't make me puke.

The truth hurts sometimes, doesn't it? Here we are in our heated homes, bellys full, computers hooked to the Internet, complaining about "The Elite," and clueless to the fact that the rest of the world considers US the elite and blames US (you and me, not just the Rockefellers) for the state of the world.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The people who endure the most hardship are often the most spiritually whole. Because it takes a strong spirit to survive when you come into the world with little material wealth. On the other side of the spectrum, it seems that the people with the most "things" in this world seem to be the most damaged spiritually. Its like a big part of them is dead spiritually and what is operating is like the primitive reptile part of the brain. I don't know if its the rearing of the parents (I suspect a great many of the 1 percent were greatly neglected by their busy wealthy parents in a multitude of ways).Or hat their entitled upbringing just left their brains not hardwired for empathy. I don't think of people as evil anymore, I think of them as just damaged spiritually, part of their "human programming" is not working right. I agree with you, the "Elite' or best representatives of humanity are often those most downtrodden.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Thanks OP - I believe I understand your sentiments.

I, personally, would say that it takes all kinds to make the world.

And we make others "elite." No one can claim "I'm elite" without immediately being laughed at.

I think, there are people who are the "salt of the earth" and the "good hearted" and there may be some people who have come here to represent a life that wakes others of us up to what we want and don't want - via secondhand knowledge. Be it infamy or too many mouths to feed, or loneliness or cancer… And to be fair, the elite get to do all of this too.

There are a few people who are excellent in their trade, work hard and get rich and become elite, and get famous, and give money, and make others want to follow in their footsteps.

There are more people who are excellent in their trade, work hard and don't get rich and do well and are happy. I'd say they were elite in my book because of their excellence and grounded nature.

There are people who are just fine or mediocre, don't work more than they need to, have many interests and do fine. They certainly have their "thing" and if they find it that is best. Are they elite though? Do they have to be for you to make these lives on Earth worthwhile?

There are people who are not doing fine, can't work enough, can't contribute how they want to the world but still do perhaps by bringing out the humanity of others through connection to their plight. Are they elite? Some may be. Some may be excellent at awakening society. Look at how many people that woman in the car has already touched?

I think elite does inherently have to be special. It has to be noted "as shining in a crowd"

I don't think money is what makes it so. Just as beauty doesn't. There are so many very rich people who are so off they would not be considered elite. And so many that most would not consider beautiful. And so many, often rich offspring, that never find what they're "excellent" at.

The mother example you have is elite not because they're not rich, but because they are shining. How many people in the US give birth, homeless, in the hollow of a car and when asked, see the bright future for their baby? Very few is my guess. We may cynically think of drug addicts and neglect - and yet our hearts want the best for the mother and child and we make them elite.

The lady giving to her sister is, in my opinion, normal. You don't need to be rich to give to your family in need. You just need to be richer than the one in need. It's actually one excellent reason to make some extra money. Just make sure that when you give it 1) you don't want it back and ideally 2) they put it to use towards being more sustainable themselves.

Nobody feels great, taking money.

edit on 11/23/2012 by trusername because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I do realise that myself and my family are very blessed,as are many others.We are not the type of people who have savings over at the end of the month,but i am grateful that my husband have a job at all,which includes housing at minimal rent+electricity,and we always have food in the house..As i am grateful for our health,our bond and the love we share as a family,i am grateful that i have very kindhearted,very good children with good values.

We cannot help as many people as we want,but we do help 2 families a bit each month,send extra sandwiches to my son's school one day a week when his school's staff distribute it to poor schools around the town,i let a lady live fee of charge in my outside room and supply her with food and clothing for her children,When she helps me out in the house some hours a week,i pay her generously.When i see a beggar thats not obviously a drunk,i give him/her a buck or two for something to eat,or i buy the person some food,if its at a time of the month when i dont have to turn every penny over thrice myself,before spending it.Im well aware that there's those who have it more difficult than me,and i genuinely enjoy helping those who realy need it,it makes me happy to do so.

But i agree with you,we should all be aware that although we may be battling financially ourselves,it may be possible to give a little to those battling even more,even just now and then.The best is to teach some one a skill , an oppurtunity to provide an ongoing source of income.Many people here in Africa grow their own vegetables,to feed them and their families,and sell some produce,often as a community project,in addition to their own veggie patch.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Good point.I love your avatar,btw,Mantis is one of my Totem animals,the adorable things.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Healthlaws

I know,you're correct in that,there are many who are SOL through their own refusal to be responsible,or from being too lazy/alcoholic,etc.My husband told me the other day he was asked for money by a beggar,the guy came across as a shyster for some reason,so the hubby said Sorry but not today-and as the beggar walked off,he took out a BlackBerry.Since the hubby pointed him out to me,i see Mr.BB around town sometimes,plying his trade.That is waht incenses me-many people are put off helping the really needy,by these types of "beggars".

Yes,it Is irresponsible to not use birth control,but maybe the young lady's boyfriend/husband had a job 10 months ago,even if it was menial labour.Maybe in the upheavals+troubles of their daily lives,she forgot to get/was unable to get to a state clinic for birth control,maybe it was just one of those things that happen,as it happens all over,every day.This one is not an alcoholic/shyster type,though.A very decent young woman,by the looks of it.Bad things happen to decent enough folks too,though,not every sad story is of their own making.People lose their jobs,bussinesses close,it happens.

If my hubby and i were just starting out now,as young people,we could afford a baby on his salary,However,if the mine had to go bankrupt,and he could'nt find other work,and i was pregnant-folks would think me irresponsible too,although i was at the time of conceiving i was'nt acing foolishly,as i was in a different set of circumstances then.Just saying,many are in abysmal circumstances through reasons other than their own folly and irresponsible behavior.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join