It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My recent experience with a "shadow" being

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Before I get into it, I want to clarify that I have seen things right after going to sleep- like during "sleep paralysis"/before lucid dream and/or astral projection but I haven't had that in a LONG time.

I usually just black out and sleep awesome and peacefully.

But like a week ago something happened.

I went to sleep like usually and few minutes later I woke up, and saw something like a person made of smoke- the colour was like dark grey, leaning to my side of my bed. Its energy was like animalistic/beasty. It turned its head to me, and I felt kind of scared. Its face reminded me like it was wearing a gas mask, but of course it wasn't, (Im describing how it looked like-). Looked just like a human but with a gas mask on it. It had empty eyes.

It wasnt slightly disturbed that i was staring back at it. It just jumped closer to me and put its mouth into mine (but it really didnt have a mouth), u know like a tongue kiss, but witouth the toungue.It is hard to explain.
And I felt like it was inhaling something from me. I just felt like it was feeding from my energy or something. Because I was paralyzed at this moment, couldn’t move despite I tried - and i was conscious and thinking 'well I just need to wake up'.

I was conscious the whole time, and I tried block out the feeling of fear/anxiety about it. As that is exactly what negative energies feed on.

I tried woke up myself a few times until I finally did, so I switched to the right side of me, because I always knew that way is harder to get the sleep paralyis thing but again as I fell asleep very quickly. Again I was paralyzed and I felt the smoke being, it was this time was near my back, breathing just next to my neck, I saw it when i turned my eyes, and I felt the cold breathe. I was shivering, (despite in my side of the world is almost summer and was a very hot night)-

I tried again wake myself up and after a few tries I did.

And that was it. Never seen it or feel it again. I think it is gone. I blocked it out.

I have my own theory about this type of thing. But if anyone experienced something like it, I'd like to read it.
edit on 21/11/12 by plutoxgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Seeing things while in sleep paralysis is common, it's not actually there, it's in your mind.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

if anyone experienced something like it, I'd like to read it.

I experienced the exact same thing!

There were 2 "smokers" I call them, one was black the other was dark grey. I had just fell into that "tween" place between awake & asleep when my 3rd eye, or whatever that is, kicked on and I saw them pass by my bedroom door.

They saw me looking at them, then the dark grey one floated into my room and hovered on top of me. I also sensed a beast like consciousness, I became paralyzed fully awake and conscious, and it growled and breathed heavy in my ears and face.

I've experienced them a few times, but not in about 3 years, since I moved to NH.
They do seem to "feed" off of the fear, they seem to try to scare you, then feed off of the results. Happens the same way every time.

I did figure out a way to bounce them away... drop the fear. See them for what they are, scared and weak creatures who need your fear energy. If you aren't afraid of them, you sour the milk.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Intriguing thread.

I've had a similar experience while staying a few months in a trailer, traveling about with a friend of mine.
It happens during sleep paralysis for me, which is a bit frightening itself when I was new to the experience. It is feeling helpless because I can not move an inch nor speak beyond a whisper.

This thing I imagined, or saw was also a dark shadow shaped like a person. They were very large, and quick, sometimes 'teleporting' around the room, and usually toward me until hovering next to me. Once I was watching it come straight for me down the corridor but I've never been 'touched' by them.

I'm going to research this more because the person who I was with then experienced the same thing, but on a different occasion.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
What you said about smoke caught my attention.I woke up one night,and sat up in bed,wondering what woke me.Then i saw in the the furthest corner of my room,there appeared to be a dervish,like a dust-devil,ya know? But it was formed out of fog/smoke/mist.I thought i thought i saw some-one in it,i thought it was my mother at first,it was the right height,which would be around 5ft,but this changed too quickly to make out who it was,and my mother was asleep in her room anyway. Next thing,there's this tall pitchblack shadow(at least 6ft tall) right next to my bed.Pitchblack,like the blackest velvet,no facial features discernible*******I lay back down in bed,and was now looking up in the being's face,trying to make out it's face,and also wondering why i was'nt terrified.The silhouette was that of my late father,who passed on a few months before,but within the silhouette,the pitchblackness was flowing and swirling like water.It just kept staring up at it,and it down at me,but after what felt like a few minutes,i got really sleepy,so i turned my back to it (in case it was my late father,i also sent a "thought" at it:"Im really sorry,but i am so tired" Then i fell asleep again,though i could sense it was still there,and looking at me*********What puzzles me about this experience (besides the fact that i still had clean sheets and pyjamas afterwards :-D) was how it started off,what i saw within the fog/smoke dervish,was another,much shorter being,so im inclined to think of shapeshifting.I did'nt feel any hostility or evil vibes from it,though of course it was a bit unnerving.Im not sure anymore that it was my late father,though.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I used to see what looked like what I would call a dark colored smoke creature. I thanked it showing itself to me and told it didn't need it and asked it to leave. I haven't seen it since. My wife and son even saw it.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
You're right. They do feed off our negative energies - anger and fear. One will inhabit someone near you, as an antagonist, and incite the emotion. The other will feed off of it.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Here is a 14 page thread on your shadow beings.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

Thank you for posting this information. I think you'll find the thread linked above me very helpful. (though to be fair I did start that one)

Give it a read and see if there is anything helpful for you there.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Here is what I posted in another thread about shadow beings:

Shadow people are different beings than spirits and ghosts. According to Amy Allen, the medium on The Dead Files t.v. show, no one knows where these "things" come from. She said when she was four years old one told her to bite into the electrical cord and she could go with them. She did, and it almost killed her. They literally suck the life out of people without their knowledge while they sleep. If you see this things, and notice that you feel tired all the time, or start having health problems, they could be to blame. They are evil... that much is known.

Pay attention to your health. If you start getting sick, or feel drained of energy, MOVE OUT.... NOW!

Here is the show I was talking about:

edit on 11/23/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hello, my friend.

To my understanding...

You simply caught yourself in a process that occurs every single night. I have experimented with WILD/MILD/Lucid Dreaming techniques in the past, and had a similar event. Although, the 'being' present was not visible directly..but I could heard laughter of a little girl.

Basically, you were in Mind Awake/Body Asleep. I understand it as basically conscious dreaming...except you are stuck right in the middle of the transition of from Mind Awake/ Body Awake ---> Mind Asleep/Body Asleep.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hi

I know someone who met that shadow person.
He said me, it was ghost.
Read please Mrs Wanda Pratnicka book 'possessed by ghosts' and write what do you think about it,

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devanox
Hi

I know someone who met that shadow person.
He said me, it was ghost.
Read please Mrs Wanda Pratnicka book 'possessed by ghosts' and write what do you think about it,

We would like to suggest -- to this MBSC's understanding, in which is trusted at the core -- that:

"possessed by ghosts" may distort the mind complexes of the other-selves who truly seek understanding of the core of the mater.

We would like to 'correct' this annotation by replacing a few words, as well as adding a few that would allow for other-selves to take a different path to understand better.

channeled by a being of another space-time

We feel as though the annotation of such concepts through this MBSC to give better understanding to its fellow other-selves is un-important at this time, unless We are requested to share - with the 'reasons' behind such questions being 'deemed fit' for further explanation by us.

Namaste

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

But if anyone experienced something like it, I'd like to read it.

I get those from time to time, not so much anymore. In fact but for a few days ago I have not had one of those type of dreams in a long time over 10 years I think. The things in them are not always the same thing, or sometimes its the same thing but in a different shape, there usually undescribed and vague sometimes literally like walking shadows, and they usually take the shape of whatever it is you happen to fear or are worried about at that particular time, in fact you do not notice them first. What you first notice is the fact that even though you know you are dreaming and it feels real, you can not move. Like your trapped on the bed under a lot of stress or like you have a invisible boulder on top of you which you can not move. Or its more like your body tensed up and all your muscles froze, you try to fight it but you literally cant do nothing.

I had that happen like 2 days ago. I was dreaming normally forgot what I was dreaming about, but out of the blue the whole scene changed. I found myself in one of those real like dreams, I was in my room and it felt like I just woke up but I knew I was dreaming even though it was so real. I sort of felt the door open and this thing walk in, I was frozen my body was locked and shocked. At first I did not fight it that hard, but when the thing walked in and stood next to my bed, I could feel its hatred and its intent. It was going and try to kill me, like literally and physically with some object that it was manifesting in its hand which my mind interpreted as a sort of knife but really even that is vague.

Also it slowly started taking the form of my younger brother only in a vague shadowy sort of way as it still was mostly just a walking shadow, but I think it was doing that because it knew me and him had some disputes about his drug problems and he took off some days before this dream happened and I was feeling guilty over the whole thing. It was also projecting things into my head to make me feel all that and guilty and that my brother was dead and this was his shadow. On all that I have no clue if it is true, but i doubt my little brother is dead or any of that is true as he took off like that over such things before, but I shall see I suppose.

Anyways back to the story it was standing over me, I was frozen on the bed, literally struggling to get myself to move. Now that I think about it that was the wrong way to go about it, but it had some sort of fear projection or muscle contortion/freeze over me so really I was instinctively reacting. And also the whole struggle it brought out the memories of the other times this happened and I did break through the whole thing, and this time it was no different and it was literally like moving a boulder off your chest, and like ussuall once you break free of it. The whole dream ended, or not ended the whole nightmare part of it just like that *poof* was gone, and no I did not wake up, or at least I don't think because it all happened in my room, for all I know I could of been awake during the whole thing and gone back to sleep after it was over. But it felt more like once you broke free of whatever it was doing I sort of just went back to dreaming normal dreams, for a few moments your off in a whole different thing and scene in some dream land and you stand there still knowing your dreaming but questioning what the hell happened, before the dream just sort of takes over and you spiral off into unconscious dream land.

And then I woke up and I remembered the whole thing, it felt like it happened sometime in the middle of my nights sleep, and it could be that I woke up and just went back to sleep I am not sure its kind of hard to tell were the dream ends and the nightmare begins, and the part were you wake up and ask yourself what the hell happened.

top topics

join