It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday Shoppers Camp on Tuesday outside Minnesota Best Buy store

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Here's a video....

He is planning on getting a 40" LCD TV for $180. He also claims to have called out of work to do this early shopper camp out.

Where do I begin?

He has a job, so he has the means to afford such a treat for himself if he budgeted correctly. Here's a good deal I found on a 40" LCD, took me 15 seconds to find - Best Buy 40" LCD

It's listing for $290. Skipping what may potentially be his last Thanksgiving with his family (because of Dec. 21, 2012) to save $110 on a TV he'll probably destroy next time he plays Bowling for the Wii.

The last time I was in Best Buy, I couldn't find a toothbrush for less than $100.
Nice tooth brush #1
Nice tooth brush #2
Nice tooth brush #3
I refuse to buy anything from such a morbidly over priced store, especially one that offers GD toothbrushes that cost more than my last car did off Craigslist.

Whether it's waiting in long lines for an over priced pair of the new Jordans with a 9mm tucked away just in case things get rough, to the stampedes of overweight Americans when the Walmart doors open on Black Friday.... the USA never ceases to disappoint me on an entertainment scale. I'm looking forward to all the Black Friday mob videos on YT this year.

I'm not a believer in Dec. 21, 2012 being "our demise", we're already the Walking Dead.

edit on 21-11-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Yep. saw on the news Monday morning people were already lining up. Can't see calling into work for four days ($300 plus a $100 vacation day, $400 total) to save $100 on a tv after being miserable all those days.

Just not worth it! What is wrong with these people?
edit on 21-11-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
And if they weren't eager to spend their hard earned money on electronics deals, we'd all be freaking out that this is the first Black Friday where sales didn't meet expectations and that it's Obama's fault that people are too poor to camp out this year

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I almost feel sorry for ignorant deluded people like him who think that materialistic gains will somehow bring him some sort of happiness.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It's started here in Henderson, NV as well today. I feel sorry for all those buffoons that feel compelled to slave themselves to these gadgets. I'll be at home enjoying the holiday festivies laughing at all these fools fighting for these deals.

Happy turkey day ATS.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I look at things like this and it really lets me know how low we have sunk (these people anyway). Think about it, camping out for 10 or 20 hours to save $110, what's that like $5 to $10 and any discomfort that goes with it. It;s not like camping or survival training where you are actually teaching yourself new skills. This is the out of control worship of things.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

People can be so stupid, yes. Better yet, if millions of Americans would avoid shopping on Black Friday altogether, that would certain scare the # out of the retailers and you'd see prices drop much more and quicker as well.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Unfortunately this kind of madness is a sign of economic normalcy and we should all be glad it's still happening

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Here JJ,

I posted one too,

I thought we may as well commiserate together.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Happy Thanksgiving, man.

new topics

top topics

join