It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico fires rockets into the U.S.(hypothetical)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Imagine this:

Since 2001, Mexico has been firing rockets randomly into bordering U.S. states. Around 8,500 rockets and mortars. Why are they doing this? They want their land back. Mexico wants the parts of land they lost in the Mexican-American war.

Their tactics include firing from neighborhoods. Firing rockets with children around. Conducting terrorist activity alongside civilians. A few even take shelter in buildings where people are working.

So much shelling has been going on the Unites States has to build a missile defense system to try to defend its border. It is effective but not 100% so some missiles and mortars slip through. The casualties in the U.S. aren't high... only around 30. Still though, there are deaths.

The U.S. retaliates and kills a high volume of Mexicans. Women and children are alongside the casualties. Its not intentional but it's the reality of war. After repeatedly calling for peace, the U.S. finds itself stuck. The U.S. doesn't have to kill innocent people in airstrikes that take out the terrorists but they can't allow the country and it's citizens to live in fear and possible death. It MUST retaliate.

This is where it gets even worse. Mexico starts spreading propaganda to the media. They show a picture of dead children killed elsewhere, yet claim it was from the U.S. This particular picture was proven to be false but still does the intended damage. Canada states it wants to "wipe the United States off the map". Worldwide hatred starts building.

Does anyone see where I'm going with this?

Edit : I thought it said global meltdown not global financial. Mods please move.
edit on 21-11-2012 by Athin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

You're point was apparent. Blatantly.

The problem is, the comparison is looked at as though events have happened in a vacuum. There is a lot more to this that just a land grab and people wanting their land back.

It just isnt that simple, and I wish people would stop speaking as though it is.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The US won all the land from Mexico because both countries agreed to it and it put an end to the US Mexican war in 1845.

Now if the UN had stolen the land from Mexico and gave it to the US, then Mexico would have every right to reclaim its stolen land

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin
Imagine this:

Since 2001, Mexico has been firing rockets randomly into bordering U.S. states. Around 8,500 rockets and mortars.

Obama would bow and apologize...

Canada states it wants to "wipe the United States off the map". Worldwide hatred starts building.

Obama would bow, apologize then go to Vegas...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

As an American I have to say that you have a good point there.

Anything else I could add would be filler.

Still I see both sides, and the middle east takeover agenda by whoever it is, is still under way.

edit on 11/21/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Still bitter?

Don't worry there's always 2016

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Still bitter?

Don't worry there's always 2016

He's wrong too. Obama would first sell them weapons... He's always missing steps..

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Because Obama has total control over what the CIA nad DEA do right?

Hows life in the echo chamber?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Bitter of the Obama admin?

Nah. It's like watching the Keystone Cops in color with sound

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
it's not even comparable.

the british gave away land that doesn't belong to them and when the people in the region resisted, they funded the israeli invasion.

now the funny part, they want every body to negotiate peacefully what they acquired thru war.

they should have negotiated first with the people living on that land, instead of washington, london and the u.n. negotiating between each other like some high and mighty lords of the manor.

eventually america and the west is going to get payback for every single drop of blood spilled. if a foreign country did just 1/10th to america what america has done abroad, we'd be studying world war 3 and 4 in school.

but at least the british acknowledge their bloody past and appears to have sincere remorse. unlike some other countries.

edit on 21-11-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

This thread had nothing to do with Obama, seems like you're waiting for an opportunity to lash out

Sorry that Fox News had you guys believing it was going to be close

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Since 2001, Mexico has been firing rockets randomly into bordering U.S. states. Around 8,500 rockets and mortars. Why are they doing this? They want their land back. Mexico wants the parts of land they lost in the Mexican-American war

Nice try, but my people were here before the spanish came and made those half breed mestizos that call themselves mexicans nowadays claiming what was never theirs to begin with.

Might makes right, and history favors the victors and this is how it has always been, and when civilization crumbles after the next war that is how it will return to being.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

The US won all the land from Mexico because both countries agreed to it and it put an end to the US Mexican war in 1845.

Now if the UN had stolen the land from Mexico and gave it to the US, then Mexico would have every right to reclaim its stolen land

If memory servers it has been fought over a couple of times since it was "stolen" and Israel won so it should be considered solidly Israel's land now. If the Palestinians were smart enough about it and picked the right side maybe they'd have their own state by now but no they picked the wrong side and this is what they have.
edit on 21-11-2012 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The Mexico analogy is the perfect example that is not lost on others glad some see the hypocrisy.

America being invaded, lands stolen,unheard of foreign influence effecting Govenrment on every level, Americans being murdered, and nothing but silence,

They label anyone who even brings up illegal immigration as racist,bigots, then they run off to the poor little Palestinians evil Isrealis threads.

And it is rather clear what the current government did, pander,give them free stuff, and wants to make them legal.

Which brings us to the op what if they do not want to become legal?

Everyone assumes they want citizenship maybe they want to form their own country here. from history seems the government would accept it.

Even tho the Native Americans still live on their reservations.

edit on 22-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Sorry that Fox News had you guys believing it was going to be close

I'll take your word on that. I don't watch it but apparently you do

So, from now on I'll check with you for their latest

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Probably not the best analogy, so I'll try one of my own. For about 30 years the Irish Republican Army, we're bombing the British mainland, targeting civilians, infrastructure and political targets. Not at any point did Britain respond by bombing Ireland. The RAF, wasn't sent to bomb Dublin or other cities in Ireland.

I'm not sure people in Britain would have responded well to seeing dead Irish families being collectively punished and you can be damn sure Irish Americans, many of whom supported the IRA would not have accepted such action by Britain.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
The RAF, wasn't sent to bomb Dublin or other cities in Ireland.

but the British actions stopped all the rockets from Ireland, as none of them landed in Britian

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

What about the bombs and the missiles launched in the uk. Don't pretend we would respond like Israel, because we wouldn't have done.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Because of the way our society is structured, there is no ethical answer to this problem. The best solution, however, is for the Mexicans to stop resisting and move along - since they cannot win.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Athin
Imagine this:

Since 2001, Mexico has been firing rockets randomly into bordering U.S. states. Around 8,500 rockets and mortars. Why are they doing this? They want their land back. Mexico wants the parts of land they lost in the Mexican-American war.

Their tactics include firing from neighborhoods. Firing rockets with children around. Conducting terrorist activity alongside civilians. A few even take shelter in buildings where people are working.

So much shelling has been going on the Unites States has to build a missile defense system to try to defend its border. It is effective but not 100% so some missiles and mortars slip through. The casualties in the U.S. aren't high... only around 30. Still though, there are deaths.

The U.S. retaliates and kills a high volume of Mexicans. Women and children are alongside the casualties. Its not intentional but it's the reality of war. After repeatedly calling for peace, the U.S. finds itself stuck. The U.S. doesn't have to kill innocent people in airstrikes that take out the terrorists but they can't allow the country and it's citizens to live in fear and possible death. It MUST retaliate.

This is where it gets even worse. Mexico starts spreading propaganda to the media. They show a picture of dead children killed elsewhere, yet claim it was from the U.S. This particular picture was proven to be false but still does the intended damage. Canada states it wants to "wipe the United States off the map". Worldwide hatred starts building.

Does anyone see where I'm going with this?

Edit : I thought it said global meltdown not global financial. Mods please move.
edit on 21-11-2012 by Athin because: (no reason given)

Yes the victims are always the child killers
Bad meaxicanos bad palestinos
Read facts..but I doubt thats what this thread is even remotely about

top topics

<<   2 >>

join