It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constellations are so beautiful! (Snap shots for viewing) What's your favorite?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Constellations

In modern astronomy, a constellation is an internationally defined area of the celestial sphere. These areas are grouped around asterisms (which themselves are generally referred to in non-technical language as "constellations"), which are patterns formed by prominent stars within apparent proximity to one another on Earth's night sky.

en.wikipedia.org...

I love looking at the stars and decided to share some screen shots from stellarium.org...; some of my favorites to look for (there are many more). I would love to know what your favorite one is. I have an all time favorite, Orion; so majestic to look at with his big beautiful 3 star belt shining the way. Some believe the pyramids refer to Orion's belt; I'm not sure. It's possible...they do seem to line up a certain way. So, my first picture will feature Orion and a picture of the pyramids of Giza.

Orion the Hunter

Giza pyramids

The rest are just some of the constellations that I follow yearly in their path through the sky; hope you enjoy the presentation. I am new at this; hope I get it right!

Taurus

Lepus

Columba

Canis Major

Cancer

Virgo

Ursa Major

Gemini

Leo

Triangulum Austriale

Hydrus

Scorpius

Draco

Cassiopeia

Aquarius

Crux

Dolphinus

I think this will do for now. I may decide to post a few more if there is any interest or if someone requests a specific one that I have not shown yet. I can share much more if anyone likes what I have done so far. If not I will just chalk it up to experience. This was very time consuming for me. I have a passion for the stars though; so I enjoyed doing this thread.

edit on 11/21/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: add link

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Casseopia is my favourite to spot. I first noticed it when I was 15 on vacation with a friend and it always reminds me of that trip during the days of endless summers.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
when I was a wee lad, I actually thought that if you looked hard enough, the actual image could be seen.
that if you really stared, you could see a Bear, or a dog, or a Scorpion.

Of course, I also believed that if you paid 500 dollars to the highway people, you would be allowed to litter.
I mean, it said..No littering, 500 dollar FINE. ok Fine, here's 500 bucks!

Still though, the Big dipper, and Orion are my favorites. I've never seen the Southern Cross, except in pictures.
Is it awe inspiring enough to have had Crosby, Stills, and Nash to write that tribute song?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Very cool!

I was looking for a good image of Draco just recently. This one is perfect!

I'd never seen Cassiopeia before. I love it. So esoteric, with the puppet/mirror. Awesome!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Very cool!

I was looking for a good image of Draco just recently. This one is perfect!

I'd never seen Cassiopeia before. I love it. So esoteric, with the puppet/mirror. Awesome!

glad you liked it. Not many have shown up to lend support to my thread...oh well...live and learn.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by smilesmcgee

en.wikipedia.org...

Cassiopeia is a constellation in the northern sky, named after the vain queen Cassiopeia in Greek mythology, who boasted about her unrivalled beauty.

Your not vain are you?
jk. This is one of the easiest ones to find...it stands out...like a big M or W.

Thanks for sharing!
edit on 11/22/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: Edit

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

If you give me some information about where you are I may be able to give you a time to look for it. The southern cross that is...do not pass go do not collect 200 dollars and stay out of free parking it's a scam

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I find myself being drawn to Triangulum Austriale, and the one that looks like a dolphin .

I used to collect dolphins. Don't know why I like the triangle.

Thanks for the pictures.

S&F, OP.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I Believe had I been alive a few thousand years ago, I might of had a chance to see it with my naked eye from my location. But our Wobbly Axis of Rotation ruined that for me.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I posted the Dolphin just for you sled, glad you liked it. The triangle is the very foundation of sacred geometry...to me...what if that is what the pyramids were supposed to represent...the power of triangles when created in dimensional space...thanks for stopping by.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

I Believe had I been alive a few thousand years ago, I might of had a chance to see it with my naked eye from my location. But our Wobbly Axis of Rotation ruined that for me.

Well since you won't tell me where you live I am forced to at least give you this...

new topics

top topics

join