It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget Syria - Blame Israel!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Humor me. Nothing seems to arouse anger and contempt among the masses more than any topic involving Israel. I am not Israeli, just an observer, but the trend I see bothers me. There are tens of thousands of innocent people being slaughtered in a dozen different conflicts around the world. Syria is still a meat grinder, magnitude larger than Gaza.

So why reading some responses and virtually all threads these days does it seem that Israel is the end-all and be-all force responsible for oppressing innocent people?

In the last year, Israel's action against Hamas resulted in about 50 civilian deaths. That is about the number of deaths attributed to Assad's actions in Syria in the last two days. Assad and the rebels fighting in Syria killed more civilians in a year than Israel had since 1947.

Why are all the bleeding-heart liberals and humanitarians suddendly so concerned with Israel's action in Gaza? You can't sleep at night because of Gaza? Why aren't you criticizing with equal ferocity both sides fueling the conflict in Syria - Assad's Baathists and their Hezbolah and Iranian supporters on one side, and Saudi and Arab Emirates' sponsored rebels on the other.

Why did everyone suddenly forget about the Arab brotheren slaughtering each other in a meat grinder like there is no tomorrow, and get so roused up about Israel's anti-Hamas operation. Syria was generating less discussion and criticism in a month than Israel is in a single day.

Is it that you care about the poor oppressed innocent Muslims dieing? Or is it that you have an agenda and you will take any opportunity to demonize Israel - damned if they do damned if they don't. Neither Israel's actions, nor their scope, matches what is going on in a dozen other ongoing conflicts around the world.

I don't claim to give a **** about any civilians being slaughtered in Africa, Middle East, or Asia. I am just used to it. But I can't quite grasp why Israel in particular is causes so much unease among the more faint of heart. There is a word for this enigma rooted in the deepest bias, but God forbid anyone actually say it.
edit on 21-11-2012 by maloy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I think more than 50 civillians have been killed in Gaza in the last week alone, never mind the last year.

But your right there are other conflicts in the world but that doesn't excuse the actions of the Israeli government.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Then we have the brave Arab / Hamas fighters that shoot at the Israeli's and then dive under the skirts of the women and hide behind the children . Boy they are real manly warriors . Then if Israel didn't kill any civilians Hamas surely will to blame Israel . Hamas is holding the Palestinians prisoner and forcing extremist Islamic law on them . Hezbollah will join in soon . I believe that was the plan . Then Syria .

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I think the reason is three-fold. If you decide to criticize anyone in Syria, you're criticizing Muslims. Granted, the rebels are much more strongly influenced by the Muslim Brotherhood than Assad is. Which means if someone is forced to choose, they'll probably condemn Assad. It is easier, though not to criticize either and go to another topic.

Second, the Gaza problem is easier to state. Victim Palestinians, oppressor Jews. Syria is a little more complex and trickier to understand.

Third, the arguments against Israel are very familiar, they've been used for decades. It's easier to just start the recitation going, it's pre-recorded.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Gaza has been one of the first conflicts that has had live (unbiased) streaming audio and video on the ground ,so much connection to the conflict zone that wev'e really been given an opportunity to judge for ourselves, in comparison there is NONE of that in Syria,where the government is virtually in hiding and the western powers have a complete stranglehold on information coming out of the area.There is little to no honest,verifiable news coming out of Syria,Gaza allowed ATS'rs a chance to see a bit of truth.
What IS interesting is that Israel can bomb it's own people,target journalists(lets face it they did) and the UN doesn't bat and eye

edit on 21-11-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Excellent point! Applause for you.
I hadn't thought of that.

But now I'm curious. Why isn't there Syrian coverage? I would think the government, rebels, and citizens would be able to set it up as they did in Gaza. And wasn't Anderson Cooper in Gaza recently? Is Gaza safer than Syria?

Anyway thanks again. Great idea.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Easy. Iran.

It's messed up all around the world, yes... but this is a hot button issue because like it or not, Iran is a middle Eastern power. What Israel has done to Palestinians is horrible and they will more than likely get away with all that, just like what's happening in many other countries will keep going on until this window in time passes.

One day it will stop but how it will stop is yet to be seen, but one thing I do believe is true is that if Israel keeps screwing around with Iran that will be the point they have bit off more than they can chew. What happens after that depends on what the US response would be which puts the responsibility directly upon the citizens of the US and I am one of them.

For us, it's more pivotal because whether or not our people actually support that war matters a great deal and I think it is what is truly going to make the SHTF. Grand scale type of SHTF.

Our opinion on this counts a lot and we can't afford to be divided on it.

We should stay out of Syria as well but we have even less history on what is going on there for the general population. We should stop doing a whole LOT of things but the biggest one is supporting war for Israel.

That's going to stop a lot of fear and paranoia immediately.

I think after that some things will change because the plot in creating Israel is connected to middle eastern control. Even if they stayed where they are but somewhat of a cease fire can still be attempted between either sides attacks, things will still change in time. It's coming closer and closer as long as we do not support that war as it is expanding. That's why they want to go ahead and start it. There's kind of a dead line. I think if everything is factored in, the dead line has actually already passed because it never actually would have been a success but they could still have their war... and it would still involve us and many many other countries.

It would be a world war. The domino trail starts at Israel... so yeah, this would eventually be on a grand scale.

PLUS... if we could stop this runaway train, then we could probably do a whole lot of other more positive things about all this other stuff if we get rid of these wasteful, murderous people centered on this plot instead of moving forward and actually progressing.

The dominoes could then fall back harmlessly instead falling forward on their faces and tripping the trigger at the end.

This train of thought needs to be weeded out in our society and part of that is accepting that we all come from dark pasts and we need to grow up and not let our superstitious egotistical insanities rule our society.

What they are doing here is old fashioned insanity and we need to pull this wrench out of the gears and go back to evolving and moving forward.
edit on 21-11-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
You are not used to slaughtering because you are not in danger Zone.

Show us your face while you are in it.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Gaza has been one of the first conflicts that has had live (unbiased) streaming audio and video on the ground ,so much connection to the conflict zone that wev'e really been given an opportunity to judge for ourselves, in comparison there is NONE of that in Syria

What does streaming video tell you? That **** is blowing up somewhere? How does that help you judge what is taking place?

And there is plenty of documentation of Syria's conflict. Videos and footage is all over the web, from both sides of the conflict. Just an example:

www.militaryphotos.net.../page458

Libya was highly documented as well, which is hard to deny. And Iraq/Afghanistan....

What IS interesting is that Israel can bomb it's own people,target journalists(lets face it they did) and the UN doesn't bat and eye

When is the last time UN turned an eye at anything where all of the Security Council members approved a resolution? Deferring to the UN is not the right way to judge a conflict either.

Israel bombs its own people? When exactly?

And journalists claim to be targeted in virtually every conflict around the world, because they happen to plant themselves in the middle of it.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
You are not used to slaughtering because you are not in danger Zone.

Show us your face while you are in it.

Don't judge people you don't know. I have had exposure to a very bloody war in Chechnya. I know what a human meat grinder is, and I know the amount of BS that surrounds it, especially BS coming from bleeding-heart humanitarians who have no clue about the conflict, let alone stepped foot in it.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

The thing is Hamas and Hezbollah slaughter their own Muslim people calling it Martyrdom . Is that policy consistent with Islam .

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by mideast

The thing is Hamas and Hezbollah slaughter their own Muslim people calling it Martyrdom . Is that policy consistent with Islam .

Wouldn't that kind of be giving Zionists the upperhand?

Seriously, are you bragging or complaining?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Why am i not surprised you would tear apart my post and disagree with every point,grow up and deal with opinions that you may not agree with.
Show me where there have been streaming audio and video during the complete conflict in Syria?that's right you can't..
would you recommend the free thinkers of ATS just eat up what our corporate funded,agenda driven media feeds us? deny ignorance.
The Palestinians are from that land..not apart of it,and in a way so are the Israeli's,which makes them brothers
Did you create this thread so you can bully and bash every poster to pad your ego...pathetic and mean spirited

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

The people of Israel are not Zionist . They are protecting their lives and Land that the Quran gave them . Yes Quran .

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Why am i not surprised you would tear apart my post and disagree with every point,sad you have to come here to pad your ego.

Clearly you know what I am here for. What are you here for?

Show me where there have been streaming audio and video during the complete conflict in Syria?you can't..
would you recommend the free thinkers of ATS just eat up what our corporate funded,agenda driven media feeds us?deny ignorance.

And who do the Gaza streams come from, if not the "corporate funded,agenda driven media"?

The Palestinians are from this land..not apart of it.

And so are the Israelis. One can argue about it until you are blue in the face. Until the Palestinian leadership accepts this fact, there will be no peace. Hamas always made their intention to get rid of Israel.

As I see it - it has nothing to do with whose land it is. Hell - the primates were there before all of us. This conflict was here for a while, and it will remain in place for a while. If you think you can solve the riddle by blaming Israel, you are vastly oversimplifying it. Both sides have done wrong things to make matters worse. But the question remains - why are people so occupied and polarized by this conflict in particular, and not dozens of others like it? Why such intense feeling towards perceived "zionism"? Why so many comparisons to Hitler and the genocide?
edit on 21-11-2012 by maloy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Forgive me for intruding between you and maloy, but I was really struck by your post:

Why am i not surprised you would tear apart my post and disagree with every point,sad you have to come here to pad your ego.
I look forward to having that happen to me. If I'm wrong, I want to know about it right away. And if some one has a different opinion, I try to figure it out, not attack them for it. By the way, how do you know he's padding his ego?

Show me where there have been streaming audio and video during the complete conflict in Syria?you can't..
Isn't that asking a bit much? Do we have complete audio and video of anything lasting more than a day or two? If there's a commercial during a marathon run, I don't suspect media fraud. I'll take whatever evidence I can get. It may be objected to, but not on the grounds that it's a complete fraud, beginning to end.

would you recommend the free thinkers of ATS just eat up what our corporate funded,agenda driven media feeds us?deny ignorance.
How can we deny ignorance if we refuse to consider the available facts? I'm not sure that you're open to a discussion, you're post indicates you have an opinion and will refuse to even consider anything else.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

why are people so occupied and polarized by this conflict in particular, and not dozens of others like it?

I have always wondered that myself. I have always wondered if it is because They are God's chosen people. Those who back Israel do so because they want to be on God's side. Those that don't believe in God or have a different version of God want Israel destroyed to show that their God is the best or that God doesn't exist.

My 2 cents.

I also wonder where are all these people who feel sorry for the Palestinians go once the conflict has died down. Seems that the Palestinians are always left to fend for themselves once all the chaos is over and people move on to the next big story.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
lol didn't come here to debate or scrap,i made a simple point about the conflict in Gaza which makes it different from Syria,trying to keep it light here boys geeze,knock yourselves out lol

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by NotAnAspie

The people of Israel are not Zionist . They are protecting their lives and Land that the Quran gave them . Yes Quran .

Their leaders are Zionists. I guess it's time to repeat this point yet again. The Quran was written quite a long time before these European Zionists were born. I really don't want to have to go through the whole thing with you because it sounds like you are at square one.

The Quran did not give Israel to European Zionists, the UN did.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I'm sorry if there was a misunderstanding, but consider, in the future that

sad you have to come here to pad your ego.
is considered a personal attack and unworthy of ATS.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join