It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain what's flying across in this video?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
So I was watching this guy's video and I noticed a translucent tiny white ball fly across from left to right in a weird manner. It looks like it's making turns in a smooth fashion when it goes towards his left shoulder. I had to watch it several times and I just think it's weird how it moves. It's definitely not a bug.

It starts at 1:25. Keep your eye on the left then watch it fly to the right. It's better if you full screen it.

For some reason it's not showing so I'll add a link!

video
edit on 21-11-2012 by eudaimonia because: youtube clip not showing. why?

edit on 21-11-2012 by eudaimonia because: Full screen it!

edit on 21-11-2012 by eudaimonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Only - CLIAQL9rkLk
edit on 21-11-2012 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's a bit of dust in front of the lens, you can see it is blatantly in front of him and very close to the camera...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eudaimonia

Well, I'm going to have to make my first guess, one of the obvious choices, a moth. But, it could be that old guy's grandmother or a guardian angel!

Think that guy needs one. LOL. I got a luggage rack for my car for $35.
I laughed when he said he couldn't use a rope or strap through the windows, because he wouldn't be able to open his doors.

Don't put the strap through the windows, genius! You can get heavy duty flat nylon luggage straps at the .99 Cent Store and run them through you car WITH THE DOORS OPEN. then close the doors.

Sorry if TMI

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Actually it IS an insect - mosquito hawk. Mosquito hawks are good guys.
Freeze frame at 2:39 and a half.
edit on 21/11/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well I ended up watching the trilogy,

1 hook idea presentation
2 at Lowes with his Beetle, hooks installed and wheelbarrow tied down
3 Home safe!

An exciting sage. A triumph of human engineering and perserverance!

PS the thing flying around in the first video is some sort of bug. That my guess

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Its a Nat I live out in the country and get them frequently in my house. I noticed the way it flew, did a zig zag when it took off fast, nats do that. They fly so fast that you dont notice them, half the time. I would not be supprised if they wear able to fly at speeds close to the sound barrier.

Why do you need to know? Either way its just a bug.
edit on 21-11-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
For real you waste my time on a bug. You need to get your sight checked for real

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Anyone else kind of creeped out by that dude?? Especially the thumbnail shot.

Oh I agree, it is a bug.

edit on 11/21/2012 by mcx1942 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

en.wikipedia.org... (common gnat) is roughly 1/8th to 1/4th of an inch long. Compare that to the size of the man's nose.

Body length varies from three to seven millimeters.

There are 25.4 millimeters to the inch.

I vote no on 'common' gnat; though, the shape is VERY similiar.

What other types of gnats are in the area?

edit on 21/11/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Here's the mosquito hawk - aka leatherjacket, cranefly and many other common names (see link).

en.wikipedia.org...

Adults are very slender, long-legged flies that may vary in length from 2–60 mm (0.079–2.4 in) though tropical species may exceed to 100 mm (3.9 in).

Crane flies vary in size, with temperate species ranging from 2 to 60 mm (0.079 to 2.4 in), while tropical species have been recorded at over 100 mm (3.9 in). The giant crane fly (Holorusia rubiginosa) of the western United States can reach 38 mm (1.5 in). Some Tipula species are 64 mm (2.5 in). Many smaller species are mosquito-sized, but they can be distinguished from mosquitoes by the V-shaped suture on the thorax, nonpiercing mouthparts, and a lack of scales on the wing veins.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

We call them Daddy Longlegs in the UK. Apparently they are the most venomous creature in the UK but they can't bite or sting. Or so I've heard.

Eta: Ok, scratch that, the venom thing is a myth...

Crane flies do not possess venom at all. Most of them in the adult stage do not even have mouth parts--all energy acquisition (eating) is done in the larval stage; the adults are meant for quick reproduction and nothing more.

edit on 22-11-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm convinced that in the distant future, when we have handheld cameras that can resolve detail at the atomic level, some people will still be thinking that dust and pollen specks, moisture droplets, and flying insects are "mystical orbs", "spirit energy", "fallen angels" or "aliens".

"To be orb not to be...that is the question."

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Orbs are probably the most misunderstood aspect of paranormal phenomena, in my opinion. What you see in this video is most likely a bug of some sort. Depending on the setup used for recording, even a small mosquito, which are relatively hard to see from a distance with the naked eye, will show up like this on a recording. The vast majority of what people call orbs are nothing more than dust particles reflecting light back into the camera, followed up by bugs reflecting light.

Many researchers say that an orb must produce its own light, but even this guideline is misleading, due to the fact that it is very difficult to distinguish between something producing its own light and something reflecting light. Some instances are easier to distinguish than others, but often times it is nearly impossible to tell. And whenever there is a possibility that the evidence captured is not paranormal, it must be thrown out. That is the responsible thing to do, and what a seasoned and respectable investigator will do.

I find it funny when someone is recording inside an old house in the dark, with hundreds of orbs floating around, with the researchers claiming it is spirit energy. It is obviously dust and grit and dirt, and immediately those investigators lose credibility among the more knowledgeable and high profile investigators...So I think orbs should be discounted 9 out of 10 times. Occasionally something incredible may show up in the form of an orb, but usually it is easily explainable.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Ok. I totally understand that. But the shape of what's flying across doesn't resemble any bug that I've seen. What I see is a whitish circular ball with no recognizable bug characteristics. It looks translucent. If someone can identify exactly what bug it is, then great.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Im currently uploading a video where i captured two mysterious lights floating in someones backyard, and the camera mysteriously blacks out for a moment when the second one appeared. Look for it here:paranormal ghost trains..

new topics

top topics

join