It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do 'They' Build Huge Underground Shelters for SHTF Without Us Knowing About It.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Does a worm have to remove the debris from its tunnels?

yes, they do actually - look up earthworm casts.

Supposedly, the way nuclear subterranean drills work is not by digging, but by tunneling. Its doesnt dig out debris, it heats it to super-hot temps and moves through it.

Then after the machine passes the material solidifies.... so no tunnel!

For a tunnel, which is just a hole in the ground, to be dug material has to be removed. no material removed, no hole in ground, no tunnel.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I do not think it would be all that hard to build any sort of secret bunker without people being aware of it, and if you got vast amount of moneys at your disposal, the government and the media in your pocket really it would not hard at all. Bunkers however are not all there cracked up to be, for wars on nuclear type scenarios ya kind of they would be useful mostly to store food and seeds so you can rebuilt after the heat goes away. But for cataclysms, especially anything big or even small that has lots of earthquakes were it would require people to be living in there for long periods of time or to survive through it underground, you would of likely just have sealed your own tomb.
edit on 23-11-2012 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Thanks for the support. Star material. The very basics of engineering seems to escape people. I ask myself why, and then fondly remember any number of sci-fi shows that seem to not understand this factor. Yea, let's just phaser a tunnel or (Stargate) grow a tunnel system in a few minutes.

I suggest we keep the sci-fi for entertainment. You can't make matter disappear nor can you compress it enough unless of course you can create a black hole at which point you no longer have a tunnel.

P

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Agreed. The question is then, what type of SHTF scenario are we looking for. If it were a man made plague then escaping until the plague has done it's deadly work would be reasonable.

If the tunnels are deep enough they would survive an atomic war. You may have to dig an escape tunnel but you have to remember that you still have the machines that dug the tunnels. As discussed earlier in the thread these could simply be parked and used as power generators assuming they are powered by atomic reactors which as many have pointed out is certainly feasible.

If you do not build your tunnels in an earth quake prone area (and why would you) then it will not be much of an issue.

As for an ice age, tunnels maintain a set temperature without seasonal changes so you do not require heating and cooling. They would make a good long term home coming out as the need arises. If this was an objective then you would position the bunkers closer to the equator.

Knowing where the most recent bunkers are would lead you to get closer to knowing what SHTF scenerio was being prepped for.

P

edit on 23/11/2012 by pheonix358 because: Why must it be filled out, oh, ok, typo, two of them.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
There was a small 2.1 quake in NJ in the early morning hours today. It was 3.5 miles deep. Witnesses described what they thought was a major explosion. Maybe this is how they build the bunkers without us knowing about it. They tell us it was a small earthquake.

Above Top Secret thread

Or maybe one of there super secret bunkers just got tombstoned, if there building bunkers for anything there likely to bring some sort of power generators down there and even fuel in fact it would be a necessary unless its just for storage and even then you would at the very least need light sources and ways of easily getting said resources in and out so they would need some sort of technology to move stuff, the big explosion you heard could of been something igniting under there when the earthquake hit and then getting buried as it all caved in.
Off course this is all speculation. I am sure the explosion everybody heard was swamp gas or some natural gas igniting. Most likely swamp gas I am thinking.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Based on some reading I've done on this topic over many years, it also seems that sometimes they simply buy up enough land that there is no public visibility into the area of the work, and then do whatever they want on the land that they now own and can protect easily from prying eyes.

In other cases, actual signs of construction and excavation are obvious. But since we can't ever see what's going on underground, even by satellite, it's a moot point. We know something is there, but since we know not what, we effectively know nothing.

I really do think a lot of it is simply for the purpose of continuity of government, emergency planning, and even underground nuclear testing. But there are some examples that raise my eyebrows and seem much more suspicious and even potentially ominous.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Nuclear subterranean drill. Check em out.
www.wanttoknow.info...

Patented and everything.

Here is a photo of one:
www.stevequayle.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler
Here is a photo of one:
www.stevequayle.com...

That is not a nuclear powered one....

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Wow...Pardon pease...How lazy are you? You just make up questions without reading any of the dozens of sites on underground bases, tunnels, Denver Airport etc...where there are maps, locations, explanations and tons of info..free.

Its out there and one day I wanted more so I put in a google search, and a bing search and a few keywords about FREE PDF and I got them.

Ive provided enough links above...and HERE ON ATS...but you just want to argue without reading anything or pulling up a YouTube video on tunneling, gov bases what have you.

They are there, they are real, the info supplies your answers. You just dont want to read it...perhaps you have a reason unknown to us here.

But, Im not here to teach or preach. Give us long time members some credit...after all. We search out answers, and find them. Try it.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
You just make up questions without reading any of the dozens of sites on underground bases, tunnels, Denver Airport etc...where there are maps, locations, explanations and tons of info..free.

Oh, so if it is on the internet that means it must be true....

They are there, they are real, the info supplies your answers.

No, just stories. So according to you as there is a lot of info on the web about invisible pink unicorns, www.palmyria.co.uk...
that means they must be real....

Give us long time members some credit...after all. We search out answers, and find them.

No, you just cut and post what you find on the web that you agree with.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I believe the Internet 5% of the 100% avaiIable. I stated BOOKS in print not the internet. Read something will you?
4,000+ "hits" here on ATS for you and me to judge ourselves. I dont believe much of it. That wasnt the point.

The point was, as an intellegent adult (Im assuming you are both) you would have gone thru the evidencial "nonsense" which a lot of it is...and read the books...not the net...and your questions would intimate no need for a thread on this topic.

To place one on the very site whose "search" button gives you over 4,000 answers and instances...even though too fantastical perhaps for you to grasp, and the info being there all along right here for instance...indicates your unwillingness to search for info. Decide for your self after off-line-in print and discussion info has been provided...all the ways and means and reasonings are there.

Read it, watch it and try to grasp what it provides you: believe it or not, I dont care. You as well dont care either, otherwise you'd do the work...and move on to a more meaningful topic.

Anything more I'd say in defense of the average educated ATS'r here...would be taken as insulting and judgemental. So, I will leave that to you.

Good luck to you on that.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I did read up on it. I read the material. It just can't work, more like science fiction. Yes, some of the material could be used for the walls, if it is a suitable type of material. Then some more can be used to fill cracks. I'm fine with that. On a 19m dia tunnel, for every meter you tunnel you have 227 cubic meters of debris to get rid of. Do your own calculations.

While your at it compare the strength of concrete with and without steel rebar as the strengthening agent. Without steel reinforcement you have a very weak tunnel that would be subject to cave-ins.

You are reading from a document about a machine that has not been built. There is simply too much material to get rid of. You can't believe every thing you read. Let alone that there is absolutely no mention of how molten rock is going to be forced into these cracks. I'm sorry. Not every thing that has a patent is actually built. Patents are about protecting ideas and concepts.

P

edit on 23/11/2012 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

You are wrong on all accounts.

There are a LOT of documents on how these things work. They are not science fiction. They have been patented, built, and tested.

I suggest you research your own topic a bit more, before you continue to speak on it.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

reply to post by mysterioustranger

Just answer one question please. What do you do with the debris. In a tunnel with a diameter of 19 meters, for every meter you dig you have 227 cubic meters of material. You can't magically compress it to form the walls. You can't 'turn it into vapor', so, what will you do to get rid of it.

P

Does a worm have to remove the debris from its tunnels? Thats the best way to look at it. Supposedly, the way nuclear subterranean drills work is not by digging, but by tunneling. Its doesnt dig out debris, it heats it to super-hot temps and moves through it.

Your arguments are childish. A worm is going through pliable soil, not solid bloody rock. Is that the best you have?

You two have a lovely posting history! AM I annoying someone with this thread?

P

I'm not sure what your childish remarks are all about, and no, you arent annoying me. You ARE, however, showing a LOT of ignorance on a very well researched topic.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Does a worm have to remove the debris from its tunnels?

yes, they do actually - look up earthworm casts.

Supposedly, the way nuclear subterranean drills work is not by digging, but by tunneling. Its doesnt dig out debris, it heats it to super-hot temps and moves through it.

Then after the machine passes the material solidifies.... so no tunnel!

For a tunnel, which is just a hole in the ground, to be dug material has to be removed. no material removed, no hole in ground, no tunnel.

The material IS moved. Its just not REmoved. Its a very basic concept, physics-wise.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

You still have not provided the locations. Just more of 'the information is out there!"

The information is not out there! If it was we would have a thread detailing them. What is out there is conjecture, rumor and an enormous amount of deliberate miss-information.

P

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I will leave it up to every one one this thread to decide how much physics you understand. I know you can spell the word but you don't seem to understand the basics like atomic structure of rock and compression of rock. You do not seem to know why concrete is reinforced or what liquid rock actually is. Liquid rock is lava, it's properties are dependent on the atomic structure of the rock and there are hundreds of types of rocks all with vastly different properties.

P

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I will leave it up to every one one this thread to decide how much physics you understand. I know you can spell the word but you don't seem to understand the basics like atomic structure of rock and compression of rock. You do not seem to know why concrete is reinforced or what liquid rock actually is. Liquid rock is lava, it's properties are dependent on the atomic structure of the rock and there are hundreds of types of rocks all with vastly different properties.

P

Ya know, you asked a question, and people here are trying to give you the information to get your answers, but it seems you would much rather try and demean or put down those that are replying rather than actually doing research on the topic.

So I will leave you with that, with the caveat that you need to understand, this is not a new subject. The research has been done. Heck, there are hundreds of threads just on ATS about this very subject. Try doing a bit of reading, a bit of research, and you might learn something.

Not that you are trying to learn anything anyway. Ahhh to be of that ripe young age where you're convinced you know everything. We've all been there. Some of us grew up.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I believe they do have various bunkers for whatever reason. Evidence being that we have known locations for past bunkers as stated before. It would not be hard to keep secret because of compartmentalization. If you are a military contractor I'm sure measures are taken to ensure secrecy otherwise you wont get many more contracts.

If most people heard someone claim that they worked on a secret underground military base they would either

1. Dismiss them as a lunatic
2. Think they are lying or seeking attention
3. Believe them and either do nothing or not care because we all know Govts build bunkers and shelters.

Now whether these locations are for the elite or used as dummy sites for lackeys is open to debate. Perhaps they have locations outside of the U.S. where secrecy is easier kept. Also why not have areas floating or submerged in locations at sea? Not bunkers but far enough away from any thing going on mainland. Space would also be a good choice provided you have ways to keep everything maintained without help from the surface.

I think if enough money is throw at something it can be done. How much pentagon/CIA money is simply used as hush money? OP makes interesting connections about Denver airport and the elite I wouldn't be surprised if they do use this as a carrot on a stick to get compliance.

I will even go way out there with conjecture for a moment. I have often mused to myself about the whole Idea of cloning being used in secret to create an army or workforce of slaves. Think something like the movie the Island or Star Wars. Perhaps they bred/made a generation of disposable workers to build these locations or even to maintain them using heavy mind control/indoctrination/propaganda . This is all speculation but I don't think not seeing these structures is reason enough to conclude they don't exist.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
any thoughts on this pheonix
i'm in nevada right
yucca mountain is quite an underground project...was to be nuclear waste depository for the whole nation ok
close enough to area51
yucca was to have such nuclear waste delivered via rail...tracks lead there
yucca could probably blow all others away in true size as "funding was that huge"
a project built in the open in very remote nevada
with in name of national security providence

this could be a shtf project itself but under disguise of nuclear disposal
to the elisit
we are a form of nuclear waste...

true it is one we know about...we even know why it was built...but purpose can be adapted
this is how one was built in the open

so under nuclear disposal sites...they can be built without us knowing

edit on 25-11-2012 by lasvegasteddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lasvegasteddy

Nuclear or chemical waste is actually an excellent cover considering the risk involved with investigating if true.

I have a friend who after leaving the Air Force worked for a security firm that was operating at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tuscon. He is not into anything even remotely conspiracy related but once told me something strange. He said that at one time a bunch of employees left to work for Wackenhut. He told me that a couple of weeks later one of his friends had returned to the same agency and stated that he quit Wackenhut and returned because it was really strange where they had them working.

He claimed it was a completely new prison facility with no inmates. That buses come and go all night long but you never see anyone. Prisons would also make good cover I would think however im not sure how well oversight is with keeping one hidden. They could even use inmate labor. Hell of a way to barter silence by promising someone their freedom.
edit on 25-11-2012 by NihilistSanta because: addendum

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join