It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Revenue Agency and Compliance Invoicing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1
Income tax was something we would pay to fund the great war. We'll gladly pay our earnings towards America's war effort!!

No more income tax, after the war, then....

Not quite...

The income tax was instituted in 1913, along with the establishment of the Federal Reserve, and was instrumental to its success - it was necessary to siphon off 'dollars' that were created out of thin air via the new 'fractional reserve' system they were establishing.

No, what you are talking about was the WithHolding of your taxes as you went. Before then, you paid your taxes at the end of the year. But they desperately needed to find a way to obfuscate just how much they were stealing from us, and it worked like a charm. Most people actually look forward to getting a meager sum back at the end of the year as their 'tax refund', not realizing they have been giving the government an interest free loan.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cynic
As a Canadian I have the following comments on your story.

Tax investigations are statute barred after a 7 year period, I have to call BS on that one.

The IMF does not have influence on the BOC and the BOC does not set tax policy nor controls CRA. Parliament sets tax laws and CRA interprets the legislation and applies it to taxpayers. If a successful challenge is mounted by an individual is mounted taxes are adjusted accordingly and the matter is sent back to the Minister responsible for review and possible amendments to the legislation.

As to the MTO supposedly penalising your spouse on her driving exam, that is a provincial, not federal matter and is of no significance to this discussion.

You seem to have a bone to pick with our system of government and taxation. Please remember that the benefits we receive in Canada are the envy of the world (read freely available health care, stable banking system and other nanny state goodies) all of which are paid for from tax dollars and conceived by the afore-mentioned governments.

Perhaps you feel singled out by CRA. That may be true, but I think it may have happened in part due to your hostile attitude and holier thank thou opinion of yourself. True or not, I don't know or particularly care' all I will add is that it's a free country, and you are free to leave it at your leisure. We don't need any more self-absorbed narcissists such as yourself anyway.

Thanks for coming out though.

Ah, the liberal mindset in all of its glory.
I bet you were terrorized by all of those violent horns honking in Ottawa...whether you were there or 5000 miles away.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join