It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney losing it? A disheveled Romney pumps gas, looks downright gloomy in La Jolla, California

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Doesn't Romney have a weird look on his face like the one you get when you look in your pockets and discover you forgot your wallet at home

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
To me, it looks like somebody just explained the facts of life to him.....
"Look Mitt, Its over.....How many times we have to tell you that you were Never meant to win.........
In fact, the GOP has run you in both races where we were MEANT to be defeated......it reinforces the illusuion of democracy that way...."
"I know I know, it sad when NOBODY LIKES YOU, but cheer up...we get to win next time ...........just not with you........."

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
A humble man going through his daily routine.

The amount of money in ones bank account has no bearing on his character.
Just because they are rich, does not make them a saint, nor does it make them the devil

The reaction to “rich people” by people like the ones on this board have always got me. They automatically act as though someone that has lots money is in some sort of evil league of overloads. Like they are from some other world.

He was born the same way we all was.
He has won many battles.
He has lost many battles.
He has earned money.
He has been given money.
He has spent money.
He has lost money.
He has family.
He has friends.
He has enemies.
He has people that love him.
He has people that like him
He has people that hate him.
He has been helped by many people.
He has helped many people.
He has things he wants to do.
He has things he wishes he hadn’t done.
He has things that he forever wishes he had done.

For he has learned the lessons in life.
He was willing to do all he could to help.
All people had to do was say yes.
But it is not to be.
People will have to learn the same lessons he has.
They will have to learn the same way he did.
The hard way.
For he was fully willing to answer the call.
For that he has done all he can.
He is not responsible for other people’s failure to listen.

In the end…….
He is not a devil,
He is not a saint.
He is just a normal person, like you and me.
He is just someone that is trying to live on this god forsaken world like everyone else, one day at a time.
For that, he should have our respect.
The respect that everyone deserves.
You may like him, or hate him, but give him the respect he deserves, nothing more, nothing less.

Edit….
For a vid I think fits here.

edit on 21-11-2012 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
If this is him. And it really does look like him.
It shows that he is actually human. I often wondered about that.
But, there he is, looking human, pumping gas, standing there.

In my mind that's the most disappointing part of this.
that Romney is a human being,

I've often wondered that about most high-level politicians. Humans? Puppets? Androids?
In non-candid shot mode, that ALL seem artificial.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

I remember his wife commenting that she was worried about Mitt's mental health if he won. Imagine his mental health if he lost... Which he did.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

No, it's a new thing. I do worry about this 2nd term, with the radical transformation of amerika and such. All that talk of revolution has swiftly become 'let's kill the rich people', as evidenced on the thread by CJ regarding Papa John's Pizza founder.

For some reason I thought people were upset about those who destroyed the Constitution. If you look at the Papa John's thread, you'll see a bunch of junior strelnikov's, chomping at the bit to 'line them up against the wall'. They truly believe that by having someone else's money, they will find keys to happiness, joy, and primordial wonder. Oh...rich persons can reach depression and despair like no one else can. Look at some of those abominations they call their homes. It's like, OK, I got past the point of being 'Chuck', who smells faintly of bleach from some janitorial function he just performed (thanks, ayn rand), but I never found the depths of wonder I was seeing in the corner of my eye when I was a child. All that money will not buy one jot of spirit.

Without the basics, nothing matters. Chances are that many rich persons are as lost as anyone else, if not even more so, in terms of life-spirit. You can't put the cart before the horse.
edit on 22-11-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Romney was the pawn they sacrificed. A mormon running against a charismatic sitting president? That is a poor bet. The republicans kept heir powder dry for the 2016 election. I doubt he is disappointed much.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I really don't think it's him Just by the mole on the left cheek.

I think it looks more like this guy, and if Hollywood ever does a movie about Mitt, this guy should play him:

[snip]

edit on 22-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
this man looks beaten and as a christian woman.. I say that no matter what happened or how our political beliefs are that we should at least throw out positive energy his way to help him. I don't think kicking the dog when he is down is necessary!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
That sorry P.O.S. ,,,I hope he is depressed forever!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I don't understand this snarky "I see Romney can pump his own gas" thing.
Firstly, I don't know his personal background, whether he was from an 'entitled' home, but when someone learns to drive, they also pump their own gas. It's not hard. I don't even drive and I fill my friends cars up if they need me to.
Second, I was under the impression that the days of pump attendants were long gone?

I would say without a shadow of a doubt this was Romney.

In fact, the picture reminds me of an episode of Dr Who were the Dr is talking to whoever the prime minister woman is (not the most attentive TV watcher), and he says to her that he has four little words that can end her time in parliament. "Doesn't She Look Tired?"

He does look tired, and I know I would be. If I siphoned off a large amount of money to put into campaigns that got me nowhere, I'd be pretty haggard looking too

Never mind, Mitt, you live and you learn.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The dude pumps his own gas and you get down on him. And yet, if he was being driven by someone else you'd get down on him for being elite. People aren't 'picture perfect' every minute of the day. I could post some WHOPPER pictures of Obama looking dead dog tired and detatched. Maybe I should .. and post some sensational headline about it .....

And yes ... I'm sure he's disappointed. Wouldn't you be??

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Appearances?...He doesn't look disheveled to me.

Looks like he is about ready to reach into the trunk, grab a tire iron and bop the photog in the
head for taking his picture.

And if that is him pumping his own gas then he gets 45 brownie points in my book---and I take back 2%
of the bad stuff I said about him

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well it looks as though he was getting some gas after his trip to Disney...He seems to be wearing the same shirt..

Yesterday this streak of relative normalcy continued as Mitt plus two more generations of the Romney clan went to the Happiest Place On Earth. Sure, his outfit says "leadership-building retreat" more than "family vacation," but at least the paparazzi stalking him caught him making some pretty great expressions. And amusement park-goers were pretty amused by the whole thing:

laist.com...-4

Well just because you ran for president that doesn't mean he isn't a regular guy(although he is a much richer than most regular guys) that does what any other regular guy would do.

And he does own a home in La Jolla, which is probably why he was there in the first place

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero
Couple of jerks, aren't you. I hope the next time you're at your lowest someone stomps on your neck.

Remember Mitt Romney when it happens.

So this is a valid low point in life for someone??

If losing a Presidential election, as well as losing some of his small change that he could EASILY AFFORD to gamble away on said election in attempt to win it, puts the guy "at his lowest", then his life is TRULY a WONDERFUL JOY beyond 99.99999999999999% of all people on the planet.

Most peoples "lowest point in life" includes such things as, I dunno, MAYBE stuff like going hungry for extended periods of time while fearing starvation and death for themselves and their children...

...OR...

...loosing their JOB to SCUMBAGS such as the ROMNEY'S OF THE COUNTRY causing them and their children to become HOMELESS. Homeless due to SCUMBAGS who are nothing but SELL-OUTS to the American workers just to satisfy their BURNING DESIRE to have a NEVER-ENDING amount of money that couldnt be spent in a thousand lifetimes. More money than can ever be spent, but yet it is somehow worth it to the ROMNEY'S OF THE COUNTRY who have no problem causing so many others to be at their "lowest points in life".

In my opinion, there is NOTHING "LOW ENOUGH" that can happen to all of the ROMNEY'S OF THE WORLD that would NOT be FUNNY.

His "lowest point in life" is still a ZILLION TIMES BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE'S HIGHEST POINTS IN LIFE. No sympathy for this fella.

So if this is Romney, this is all that I have to say ---->

edit on 22-11-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Looks like he is about ready to reach into the trunk, grab a tire iron and bop the photog in the
head for taking his picture.

Actually the person that took the photo says he had a brief conversation with him before they both left...

The Redditor, mkb95, says the photo was snapped in his home town of La Jolla, California, where Romney does indeed own a home, He says he chatted up Romney, who was obviously without security guards or drivers, for a few minutes, before they both went on their way.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by oper8zhin

You just proved who the real loser is here and it isn't Romney.

And before you come back with it, it isn't me.

You judge a man you don't even know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join