It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestine vs Israel - The Scoreboard

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ISeekTruth101

Hi Iseektruth,

I wasnt directing my comment at you per say. I do agree completely agree with your point. I was just making a statement aimed at the majority of people who have followed your post seem to be more interested in highlighting the blame when it seems to me both are at fault.. hatred does not quash hatred.. only fuels it as we all know.. and the only way for peace to ever come to this region is a change of attitude and acceptance on both sides. I think it is quite clear which side is commiting the worst attrocities and no, its far from right. I cant see what any of this violence achieves - nothing but laying the foundations for more problems. In regards to trying to convince people i would say give up with it because you cant make sense to someone that doesn't want to see it.. having said that i think regardless of what people write, they sometimes in their heart know the truth.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISeekTruth101
reply to post by khimbar

its the equivalent of carpet bombing, though,bombing would mean bombing military assests from the air,

And its nice of you at picking certain points you have a quarrel with in this thread yet denying the rest of the truth and points i mentioned.

Very ignorant.

No, it's not the equivalent at all. If you're going to use the term to try and evoke the required emotional response you seek in your audience, you have to expect to be corrected when you use it wrong. If Israel carpet bombed Gaza, Gaza wouldn't exist. You saying it's carpet bombing, doesn't make it so.

As to your personal insult and the rest of your bias points which you claim I deny, I really don't care.
edit on 23-11-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Well good for your if you think ALL my points are bias, i also could not care less.

And thanks for your input to this thread.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Ethnic cleansing is a policy designed by one ethnic or religious group to purposely remove by violent and terror-inspiring means as well as deportation and killing the civilian population of another ethnic or religious group from certain geographic areas.

Report of the Commission of Experts Established Pursuant to United Nations Security Council Resolution 780 (1992), May 27, 1994 (S/1994/674), English page=33, Paragraph 130

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I do like the graph and the fact that you are trying to put numbers behind a debate.

If I am honest,I would cut the graph a new way - I would just show the total number of people killed each year due to this war. It does not matter whether they are Israeli or Palestinian, each is a tragedy in its own right, each will leave a family to pick up the pieces.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Palestinian "prisoners in captivity" should be updated. 2 million is a more accurate number.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Don't want to come of as biased in this thread, just displaying some figures for those out there who have better reactions to visual aids instead of just words.

NO….not at all!

Look, personally I don’t feel bad for a group of people who sponsor and carry out terrorist attacks. You can’t look at death tolls and determine who the aggressor is or who the “bad guy” is. Maybe if the (so-called) Palestinian people would stop supporting Muslim violence against innocent people in Israel they wouldn’t receive so many casualties.

Your name suggests that you "seek the truth" but you're pretending as though Palestine is an innocent victim, which is totally ridiculous.

Hi there,

If i understand you well, you won't mind if another country starts to bomb the sh** out of the United States because you (your government) have been sponsoring and carrying terrorists attacks all around the world?

If it's what you are saying, then you are a special guy for sure! You would like your loved ones to get killed by bombs and bullets because of a decision a couple of individuals to wage war for nothing?

How do you know the regular people from Palestine agrees with that? The medias will only show us the extremists for sure. And how do you know those people are not under threat from their 'elected' ones?

And don't tell me it's not the same. It's exactly the same. Hamas (their government) is the one behind the 'terrorists' attacks. Not the entire population.

By the way, i don't agree with the actions Hamas is taking to get what they wants either, there is bad in both sides of the conflict. There are innocent victims on both sides and they are among the common folks that have nothing to do with all this. I find it pretty sad that a minority of a$*holes decides for the faith of all these people.

If it was only people that chose to fight in this stupid war that have died, i would be totally ok with it. But that's not the case at all...

Peace out.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Those who are persecuted rise like a phoenix through the ashes. American revolution could not have happened without tyranny, Israel could not have garnered international support without hitler and the holocaust, and no one would care about gaza if they weren't getting bombed. Hardship builds character.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISeekTruth101

Don't want to come of as biased in this thread, just displaying some figures for those out there who have better reactions to visual aids instead of just words.

edit on 21-11-2012 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

There is no such thing as fair, balanced and unbiased. Even in just claiming that we are reporting unbiased information, is being biased! That is unfortunatly just how it is! Humanity is still very young and immature! It's only a select few that can attempt to view the world through unbiased eyes but even then when one sees the truth
it becomes hard to maintain that view! We are all open to prejudice and think through certain preconceived ideas in judging each other! this is why it is best to try and not be judgemental towards individuals but especially not towards groups, races or religions!
though I do realize when we see one group harmed by another group it tends to be difficult to maintain a neutral outlook, especially considering the emotional nature of us all!
I also realize there are many people on here that tend to look at the Muslim nations with hate and apathy!
They see these people as less then human and there are a multitude of reasons why this is!
I don't judge them as I refuse to judge any man! I do realize however that we are all products of this world we live in and believe deep in my heart that both justice and reward will come to each of us! I pray for Peace, Love and understanding to awaken in all of us, in due time!
edit on 23-11-2012 by nosacrificenofreedom because: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join