It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Television The Best Weapon of the PTB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Charles 1952 posted in a thread of mine that sadly the dumber the thread, the bigger it would become, so I am posting 2 threads, to see how accurate his theory is.

So, do you think that tv is a prop of the powers that be to dumb the masses, or a teaching tool that has gone wrong.
Or its working just fine?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
No, it's food.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by winterkill
Charles 1952 posted in a thread of mine that sadly the dumber the thread, the bigger it would become, so I am posting 2 threads, to see how accurate his theory is.

So, do you think that tv is a prop of the powers that be to dumb the masses, or a teaching tool that has gone wrong.
Or its working just fine?

I definitely think that depending upon which programs a person watches; a person can become dumber by having a regular habit of feeding their minds with some programs.

Also...a lot of people let the TV be their babysitter and teacher for their children. I think some of the children's programming does put... wrong input... into children's minds.

To some people (perhaps many) TV is hypnotic; and instead of living life themselves; they watch it on TV.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm confused.....is this the smart thread, or the dumb thread?

As far as TV, if you're smart, you can watch it and see through the baloney. It's like having a friend who isn't very smart, but who amuses you at times and keeps you company. Doesn't mean that you become as dumb as they are, it just means that you like them just as they are.

Besides, one can get a very good idea of what TPTB are trying to do by watching regular television. Their agenda is usually patently obvious. Of course TV is a good weapon for them, it keeps the masses fed a bunch of disinformation, it shows them pictures which change rapidly, with bright colors, shiny things and pretty people. They'd have to be dumb not to use it.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

Meh - I'm not so sure "weapon" is the right word as much as "tool". A tool that can be used to influence people's thoughts and opinions on whatever subject or to distract them from thinking things best not thought.

Of course, the internet can do the same. But, it has the added bonus of being a highly effective monitoring / spy tool at the same time. Goodness, not only can you influence one's opinion's - you can also monitor them with the net.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Yes it is.
It is so powerful I can't bear the very sound, pure poison. I'll be glad when it is just taken as fact that w/o it, zionism would have virtually no traction. Whatever they program, they get, culturally, in the end. To monitor their attempts at enslavement, well, it is like whack a mole. Sometimes I am prompted to pick up a hammer.

Radio has a more deadly acoustic spray, since they compress more firepower into the audio, but television programming has more subtlety, because it doesn't have to counter road noise. Listen for the high end triangle flurries. They are intertwined in nearly all ads. It's no wonder they can do what they want. They figure that we feel guilty for having it on, destroying our senses after the spirit has drained from the flesh.

I am losing my ectoplasm just thinking about it.

edit on 21-11-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
TV is as the internet is as the library - a tool with which you find what you're looking for...

edit on 21-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Yes!! I get to quote the same reply twice!!

winterkill, this is my reply:

Originally posted by edaced4
reply to post by FissionSurplus

FissionSurplus, wanted to quote for you a post I had made in another thread in another forum a few months back:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by coven83
What will it take to stop the descent of our world in to bondage?

So what is the answer? How do we take our world back? Do we rise up and attempt to take it by force? Do we wait for a Saviour to come, in the form of a god or alien species? Do we just sit and wait, knowing that all things balance out in time?

In my opinion, taking away Commercial Advertising could be an option, solely based on your statement (which by the way I deem as 100% true):

Over the years people have begun to awaken to the fact that the ones who run our planet, from elected servant to vicious tyrant, have been leading us further along the path to total servitude. Whether they know it or not, whether you know it or not, we are all being played. Pieces in a game to gain total control of our planet.

Seems that ever since the advent of advertisements in written, radio and TV ads we have been "coerced" into what to do, say, how to think, what to wear, what to eat etc...the list goes on and on. The advertisement industry has several billions of dollars put into it every year...for example:

In 2010, Internet advertising alone was over $26 billion (that is $ 26,000,000,000).1 The same year, television advertising was over $ 50 billion (Ad Age). These figures do not include magazines, newspapers, billboards, product placement, pre-movie commercials, and branding & marketing expenses.

How much money does the advertising industry spend each year?

Take away the ads, and you take away to ability to compel the peoples into doing what you want...

Is this a viable answer? Not at all! Take away the "player's" hands, he will have nothing to move his pieces with. The advertisement industry is, and always has been/will be the thumbs and pinky fingers of those hands...(TPTB). Take them away suddenly and without warning, you can still learn to move your pieces, but perhaps not with as much accuracy and//or speed at first.

TPTB would never even think of allowing this to happen! Even if the world was struck by the biggest X-Flare/Niburu/flood ever, eventually advertising would come back, in full force!

To many questions and not enough alcohol in the world to quell the rage I feel at having my children's future dictated by a group I have no support for or by. So ATS what think you?

from this thread (not mine): www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I disconnected the T.V. in our house 8 years ago. One week of withdrawals and we got our life back. We can still watch movies on disc when we choose, but no more wasting our time.
Cannot recommend it more highly.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
the chinese are striving to put a tv in every household:

Similarly, in 1978, there was less than one television receiver per 100 people, and fewer than ten million Chinese had access to a television set (in 2003 there were about 35 TVs for every 100 people, and roughly a billion Chinese had access to television); expansion and modernization of the broadcasting systems continued throughout the late-1970s and early 1980s.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Republic_of_China

that should illustrate the ptb's fondness for the brainwashing machine
edit on 22-11-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
You are all wrong...

It's complacency

ETA - provided there were such a thing as "TPTB"
edit on 24-11-2012 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join